• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

If all fit what is our best eleven...

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
I still honestly dont feel AVB knows what our best eleven is if all are fit, what do you guys feel ??

-----------------Lloris

--Walker Chiriches Verts Rose

-----------Sandro Dembele

-----Lennon Paulinho Lamela

--------------Soldado

Last edited:
Lloris
Walker - Chiriches - Vertonghen - Rose
Sandro - Eriksen
Lennon - Lamela - Townsend
Soldado​

mine would be

-----------------Lloris

--Walker Chicheres Verts BAE

-----------Sandro Capoue

-----Lennon Dembele Townsend

------------Soldado

I really havent a clue myself....

there is certain things I would like to see like Lamela in the hole and townsend left and lamela right with eriksen in the hole.

agree with the defence 100% not sure regarding dembele/paulie definitely sandro though.....

I guess because of injuries/fitness & suspensions even if he did have a best 11 in mind I doubt he will get lucky enough to play it consistently.

Kee ree kesh. Chiriches. It's never gonna work, just use Vlad. :))

On topic:

Lloris
Walker - Vlad - Verts - Rose
Sandro
Dembele
Lennon - Eriksen - Townsend
Soldado

Sorry, no Lamela for me yet, he is not ready..
Top subs: Paulinho, Lamela, Holtby...it's so hard to pick really, we have such a strong squad.

Dont have a clue and dont care who they are however what I would say is that no matter which eleven we pick as long as the tactics are correct we should win or at worst put up a great fight. Yesterday was by far and away not out best eleven (if you wanna go down that route) but we played well in second half.

Ahhhhh it's very tough...I don't think we necessarily do. If we talk about fit AND settled into the country then I'd go with:

---------------------------Lloris----------------------------

Walker--------Kaboul-------------Vertonghen----------Rose

---------------Paulinho----------Sandro---------------------

Lamela-----------------Eriksen----------------------Chadli

---------------------Soldado-----------------------------

But to be honest there could be so many more players in there. We have such a good squad.

Lloris
Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Rose
Sandro - Dembele
Lennon - Paulinho - Chadli
Soldado

While Chiriches, Eriksen, Lamela and Townsend all have potential to overtake their rivals.

But to be honest there could be so many more players in there. We have such a good squad.

and we are using it...whether forced or unforced.....I think it will ensure we have a decent second half to the season....we wont fall away. (hopefully)

perhaps a relevant question will be what players will come good at the business end of the season?? I would say Eriksen.

and we are using it...whether forced or unforced.....I think it will ensure we have a decent second half to the season....we wont fall away. (hopefully)

perhaps a relevant question will be what players will come good at the business end of the season?? I would say Eriksen.

Bobby Soldier

Lloris

Walker Dawson/Chiriches Vertonghen Rose

Sandro Dembele

Lennon Eriksen Townsend

Adebayor

Dawson against teams with a Andy Carroll-esque center forward. Vlad agaisnt teams with quicker strikers

Not entirely sure about Eriksen. I think he has the greatest potential in that position, but he needs to be more consistent. We have options in Holtby and Paulinho, and perhaps Gylfi and Lamela too. Actually I think it is very tight in a number of positions, so it is really hard to pick a best XI. The ones I am sure abotu are Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Rose, Sandro, Dembele and Lennon. In the other positions I am simply not sure who the best option is. These thigns can depend on opposition too.

I still honestly dont feel AVB knows what our best eleven is if all are fit, what do you guys feel ??

-----------------Lloris

--Walker Chiriches Verts Rose

-----------Sandro Dembele

-----Lennon Paulinho Lamela

--------------Soldado

I would go with this. But I think we've moving on from having a set best 11. We should see a core spine that is stable. Back 5, midfield and a main forward (once one of them grabs the place by scoring regularly). The wingers and no 10 are currently chosen on form and rotate. Which is how Manu have played in the past.

Those 3 positions, Lennon Paulinho and Lamela in your line up, is the area AVB is most unsure over. Longer term Lamela has to be in there. I personally like Paulinho in that forward role, and Lennon brings drive and a more experienced head. But then we have Townsend (will he end up on loan again?), Sigurdsson (sold or backup?), Holtby (rotated injured), Chadli (used when we need hight and power and may well come on and develop into a strong player for us). Not to mention Adebayor and Eriksen (who could both excel in the no 10 role or on the left).

I think we could loan or sell 2 of these players so AVB can focus on developing/ bedding in the others. For me Sigurdsson could go. And Ade is an expensive ageing player, and if the right offer comes in, he'll be off. Depending on if others leave, Townsend could benefit from yet another loan to a Prem team. He still needs to develop his game.

Last edited:
i think there are several positions where there isn't a natural first choice atm.

Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Rose, Sandro - probably the only genuine first choice players

i think there are several positions where there isn't a natural first choice atm.

Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Rose, Sandro - probably the only genuine first choice players

Got to add in Paulinho. AVB loves him and he is our best midfield player really. Could have scored a hat full but has what 3 or 4 now?

Honestly don't think we have one anymore, we have a lot of utility in the squad and can chop and change depending on how we want to play. Some games we can get away without Sandro in the midfield allowing for a platform of Dembele and Paulinho (as against Sunderland). We can play with quick pacy wingers like Lennon against slower fullbacks or go for someone who will drop into the #10 spaces out wide in Lamela.

Back four is even difficult to call. Walker and Rose are definately our fullbacks as they allow us to play with more attacking potential and inverted wingers. Dawson against some teams works whilst against other Chirches would do better. Vertonghen for me is the only defender who should have a nailed on spot. Eriksen, Gylfi, Holtby can all take up spots in midfield too. Paulinho gets in good goalscoring positions whilst Dembele gives more solidity and ghosts past people. Too much choice.

Back