• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

whats the chances this is true?

anyone know why he would want to quit? work ethic? not settling in?

Not playing?

If he's fit against Palace, he'll get his chance, and I'm sure a lot more chances in the months to come. I'm sure we'll see a more positive Lamela eventually too, as we have seen a more positive Soldado, Paulinho, Adebayor, Dembele, Eriksen (pretty much the whole squad) after AVB left.

Will he though? I'd be majorly surprised if he started, he might get 15-20 minutes at the end ... then when he doesn't turn in a Messi-like performance we'll inevitably get people saying he didn't take his chance blah blah.

Not playing?

Will he though? I'd be majorly surprised if he started, he might get 15-20 minutes at the end ... then when he doesn't turn in a Messi-like performance we'll inevitably get people saying he didn't take his chance blah blah.

is there a reason you can think of why he isnt playing? Or do you have no clue at all as to why he wouldnt be playing?

and i'll settle for a solid, minimal error incurring, team performance from a team player for now...that would do me fine.

we need to find our level... maybe its good to just go back to an all english speaking setup and players. might take us back a few decades in football management but can't be worse than all these controversies

Whether he wants to leave or not is actually irrelevant....

a culmination of not settling/language barriers/manager change/not playing has put him right off....

fact remains we have invested alot in this little tyke so if we can get him to knuckle down....get him in the team on the proviso that he needs to work hard and take his chance we will be ok.

Obviously I hope he wont resent us if he falls short of going to the world cup....but he must take some responsibility....if he's good enough he will break through and quickly.

He could be a star in the premiership and im sure he would love that if he makes it happen......why take the easy route by going back to Italy???? Do the hard thing...work hard to overcome the language barrier and show us all what talent you have......Come on Erik!!!!

He needs a proper run of games, it's amazing what 4 or 5 consecutive matches can do for a players. This whole "okay you have the next 60 mins to prove yourself or you get to wait another month for your next chance" can put a great deal of pressure on a player, especially someone as young as Lamela.

I don't know how we fit him in though.

I'd play him in the hole when fit for the rest of the season. As I've already posted I can't see us getting top 4 so what have we to lose?

30 million note for a half a game here and there is shocking.

Granted it is only the Metro....

Erik Lamela’s Tottenham career looks all but over after his father revealed the player is desperate to quit White Hart Lane.
Lamela only joined Spurs in the summer as part of a club record £30million deal, but he has struggled to adapt to life in England.
And despite Tim Sherwood previously shrugging off speculation that the 21-year-old could leave on-loan this month, Jose Lamela says his son is desperate to leave.

Certainly wouldnt recoup anything like the £30m we shelled out, if, its true. As it is the Metro I'm not too worried yet

was never convinced he wanted to join

what a joke

Granted it is only the Metro....

Erik Lamela’s Tottenham career looks all but over after his father revealed the player is desperate to quit White Hart Lane.
Lamela only joined Spurs in the summer as part of a club record £30million deal, but he has struggled to adapt to life in England.
And despite Tim Sherwood previously shrugging off speculation that the 21-year-old could leave on-loan this month, Jose Lamela says his son is desperate to leave.

Certainly wouldnt recoup anything like the £30m we shelled out, if, its true. As it is the Metro I'm not too worried yet

I'm surprised they didn't trot out the 'Spurs Flop Desperate to End is White Hart Lane Nightmare" lines as well.

TBF Lamela has been quiet and said little to nothing throughout his stay.

that is very true.

maybe thats part of the problem. his character is introverted and reserved maybe?

probably needs to hang around adebayor more, come down to cricklewood....we'll bring out the man in him for sure. he wont give a **** when he misses a 2 yarder...he'll just keep playing his game...why? cause he can!!!

If true what are we looking at? Surely 20mil?

What a ****in mess. Must be the biggest flop in history. No more o these bi time gambles please.

I'd play him every game till the end of the season but that would probably in a different position every game.

So the reports suggest Juve are going to offer Vucinic and 5m. If they do they need to be told to jog on.

Back