• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

Me too.

Remember there was a pic where he was training (this was supposedly after recovering from injury). This was like 3 weeks ago....he then goes missing again and the Sherwood soundbites make it sound like he didn't even recover from the original injury despite the pics showing him training with the first team. They probably let him go to Italy or Argentina to get his mind right.

this is EXACTLY what i think. almost word for word

i think they understand that its probably impossible for the amount of talent that he has to amount to little more than a championship player type performance overall and so they have taken pressure off of him and allowed him to mentally get some preparation in there so that when he comes back he will at least play from a starting point of good team player and then once he gets that sorted he can grow from there with his confidence

its not his fault, the money and the fans pressure / expectattions/ playing for a club like tottenham , thinking about his place in the world cup, / playing in the premier league...and AVBs tactics probably ruined this poor kid

but i think the worst of it is done now.....the money is ancient history, the expectations are no where as high and people will be happy for him just to contribute a little, and AVB with his slow impotent build up play are gone

i think when he comes back he will be solid....even in the saints game when he wasnt influencing the game he worked hard off the ball, like he knew he had something to prove and do for the team cause he hasnt quite hit the ground like he knows he can

i'm looking forward to him playing ...only thing is that i dont want it to be instead of lennon...ahead of soldado yes

Someone on SC said Lamela had recently been to the hospital he works at for scans.

[TWEET]431539539862355968[/TWEET]

grrrrrrrrrrr, what a disaster this has been, may as well write this season off and hope he gets a good pre season with us and starts strong next year.

Beginning to wonder, if we will ever see him in a Spurs shirt again

#thfc Sherwood on Erik Lamela: "He’s injured. He’s had a thigh injury and he’s had a niggle in his back. We’re still assessing him..."

#thfc TS on Lamela: "I keep asking from an update, and they keep telling me that we’ll just have to investigate a little bit further..."

#thfc Sherwood on Lamela: "Hopefully we’ll make some progress. I couldn’t put a time on it.”

He apparently never wanted to leave Roma, and since being at Spurs has never looked happy. Shocking transfer all round

i'm a bit worried, what with Baldini being Italian and everything, I can see it now,

Tim: "So about Erik, can you take care of him?"

Baldini: "Take care of him?"

Tim: "Yeah, y'know, sort him out like"

Baldini: "Ok, I know a guy"

He apparently never wanted to leave Roma, and since being at Spurs has never looked happy. Shocking transfer all round

Picking up one of the top young talents in world football is hardly a shocking transfer. The kid could be injured; you have no idea. Often people get hurt, come back to training, and then re-aggravate the injury. Danny Rose, for example, was supposed to be only out for a short while, and he seemed to disappear for an eternity. If he was playing in reserve matches, I'd be more worried, but I think he's legitimately injured.

Having an incredibly talented young player is not shocking; it is excellent. He obviously still has a lot to prove, and I look forward to him getting fit, getting in a rhythm, and becoming a top player at this club. If anyone thinks that he's looked like a Championship player in his very brief cameos, they are crazy.

"Waste of money"

"Cares more about his hair than the club"

"About as useless as a snooze button on a fire alarm"

"Why on Earth did the club sign him?"

"I hope he's found dead in a ditch before the next match"

"He's afraid of his own shadow"

"We should've signed Downing instead"

_66072096_66072095.jpg

We've seen this all before and tbh I'm happy to see it all over again. Could be wrong about Lamela, maybe he is useless and it won't work out but I'm happy to wait to find out whether I'm right or wrong. I'd be very surprised if Baldini is the only reason why we signed this kid. There must be a reason why the club saw fit to pay £30m.

Wonder what must be going through the young lads mind with regards the world cup, if he comes back in March he may not get enough games to play himself into the argie squad.

March? **** sake, this is worse than when my parents bought me that new bike for Xmas and didn't let me ride it until August.

Back