• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

I didn't want to appear hyperbolic, but you're probably right.

Today's worst case scenario is Liverpool win.

this is EXACTLY what i think. almost word for word

i think they understand that its probably impossible for the amount of talent that he has to amount to little more than a championship player type performance overall and so they have taken pressure off of him and allowed him to mentally get some preparation in there so that when he comes back he will at least play from a starting point of good team player and then once he gets that sorted he can grow from there with his confidence

its not his fault, the money and the fans pressure / expectattions/ playing for a club like tottenham , thinking about his place in the world cup, / playing in the premier league...and AVBs tactics probably ruined this poor kid

but i think the worst of it is done now.....the money is ancient history, the expectations are no where as high and people will be happy for him just to contribute a little, and AVB with his slow impotent build up play are gone

i think when he comes back he will be solid....even in the saints game when he wasnt influencing the game he worked hard off the ball, like he knew he had something to prove and do for the team cause he hasnt quite hit the ground like he knows he can

i'm looking forward to him playing ...only thing is that i dont want it to be instead of lennon...ahead of soldado yes

Me too.

Remember there was a pic where he was training (this was supposedly after recovering from injury). This was like 3 weeks ago....he then goes missing again and the Sherwood soundbites make it sound like he didn't even recover from the original injury despite the pics showing him training with the first team. They probably let him go to Italy or Argentina to get his mind right.

How long will he have to be out before you guys will change your minds?

Surely he wasn't given 2 months off for example??

Us forking out £26m for Lamela is akin to Madrid paying £85m for Bale. Now just look at how differently the two clubs have handled their record signings ... both are young, both were coming into a new league/country/team but do you know what Madrid with their newly signed football player? They played him! A radical concept I know. Do you think Bale's now better equipped to performing at his best for Madrid having played games from the start? Or would he have been better off sitting on the bench every week and getting 10 minutes every now and then?

Us forking out £26m for Lamela is akin to Madrid paying £85m for Bale. Now just look at how differently the two clubs have handled their record signings ... both are young, both were coming into a new league/country/team but do you know what Madrid with their newly signed football player? They played him! A radical concept I know. Do you think Bale's now better equipped to performing at his best for Madrid having played games from the start? Or would he have been better off sitting on the bench every week and getting 10 minutes every now and then?

Madrid was voted worse buy ever last year and this year he is recognised as best midfielder in the league... Just saying

Not sure many disagree with you Rossi, the whole situation has been handled poorly

I'm willing to give him as much time as he needs, but I totally agree: he needs to start and the fans need to support him to help him find the confidence he requires at the moment.

Really disappointed at how Lamela has failed to make any impact for us this season. Didn't expect much from him but thought he will at least score a few league goals. Instead he has only started 3 league matches, 9 in total, and never came close to scoring in any of them.

He came close nearly scored on his first touch as a sub can't remember who against the game where Ade kept yelling at him

yeah if you pay a club record for a player its surely normal to integrate him immediately and play him........AVB and his maniac micromanagement style](*,) urrrghhh

How long will he have to be out before you guys will change your minds?

Surely he wasn't given 2 months off for example??

why not?

he's a record signing who the club feel has the talent to be another potential big money asset, kid is clearly miserable and mentally looks broken...why would you want to heap more pressure on him if you could give him the time he needs to get his mind correct?

the problem with the handling of lamela and the general farcical nature of our season is that he'll just engineer a move away, and i guess they'll be plenty of takers.

this has been the strangest transfer i have ever witnessed.

With Aaron Lennon in such scintillating form I doubt Lamela will ever get a place in the side anyway ..

why not?

he's a record signing who the club feel has the talent to be another potential big money asset, kid is clearly miserable and mentally looks broken...why would you want to heap more pressure on him if you could give him the time he needs to get his mind correct?

I don't even know where to start.

Would this be completely unprecedented or can you think of some similar examples? That alone would make it unlikely to me.

How about that after 2 months away from the club and country he would need a lot of time to get back to speed again and would be no closer to actually getting used to the league? With 2-2.5 months left of the season that leaves very little time for him to actually play and be effective.

Can you think of anything he could do in 2 months at home that he couldn't do in 3 weeks? Other than some nebulous "get his mind correct"? How about the fact that there would be no way to know that giving him that much time away from the club would even have a positive effect?

Would you feel the same about 3 months? Is there a line in the sand for you here?

The lad needs time on the pitch. Sitting around and thinking about stuff could only make the problem worse. If he goes out and has some fun playing the game then he will more than likely relax.

Back