• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Hope very strongly that Lamela (mind and body working simultaneously (in an ideal world)) now sees this season even more as an opportunity. We haven't strengthened Erik's area of the pitch depending on where GLC ends up playing as he does appear to be a flexible signing and it'd be great to see us not regret that decision.

Injuries unless stupid self inflicted ones involving a golf cart, pyrotechnics, a hired midget and Patron aren't something you can reasonably be annoyed at a player for but I often fall foul of that exact thing. Making bold unfounded statements like "If he doesn't cut it this season than it's curtains" aren't helpful or based on anything other than conjecture unless you're inhabiting the minds of those who make the decisions but we all know it's been a decent amount of time spent at the club; with some difficult times for him along the way.

Fingers crossed on Saturday we see the Lamela / Pamela / Llama that he can be and can keep that up.

Injuries unless stupid self inflicted ones

I doubt it is a coincidence that Lamela has a bizarre running style - sprinting at full pelt, stopping, swerving, darting sideways, doing The Lambada, constantly 100% speed.... and he has problems with his hips. It is like someone who absolutely smashes through the gears in their car, hardly bothering to depress the clutch, then being surprised they have gearbox issues.

I doubt it is a coincidence that Lamela has a bizarre running style - sprinting at full pelt, stopping, swerving, darting sideways, doing The Lambada, constantly 400% speed.... and he has problems with his hips. It is like someone who absolutely smashes through the gears in their car, hardly bothering to depress the clutch, then being surprised they have gearbox issues.

I think you may be on the money here. Seems late to coach this out of him but there's always hope, take Serge for example, I think we can all agree that him not making a single foul throw in pre season was a great achievement for him and those at the club :D

Maybe be a tad early as I haven't seen any team news but come on Erik, score a worldy, left foot volley outside of the box straight from a corner routine, we know you can do it.

this was one of those games where stats do not back up the performance. He lost the ball so many times. But he did set up a goal and got one himself. He certainly had more impact on the game than most.

Next one before or after Christmas?

Lamela has shown over a long period that he doesnt contribute enough goals or assists; Eriksen has done the opposite
Oh dear, not this again.
We've been through the stats a trillion times and know that wrong.

Lamela isn't a secure option because of his injury record. Not his lack of assists.

Back