• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

No that I am defending Lamela but I remember him scoring a lot of right footed goals coming in from the Left when he was at Roma. He always looks good in pre-season because he always puts in a shift, when others are taking it a bit easy. But come the season when all the players are playing at a higher level his contribution to the team dwindles then he gets injured.

No that I am defending Lamela but I remember him scoring a lot of right footed goals coming in from the Left when he was at Roma. He always looks good in pre-season because he always puts in a shift, when others are taking it a bit easy. But come the season when all the players are playing at a higher level his contribution to the team dwindles then he gets injured.

He normally starts the season firing and then gets injured. Let's hope that it is his season because he's one hell of a player when he's on form.

Just like last pre-season he looks like he's got a yard on everyone. He's running past people for fun and being a real nuisance, keeping some of the focus off of Eriksen.

He'd be in my starting lineup for the first game of the season atm.

Instead of who just out of interest?

Son based on pre-season form.

Pre season is essential for getting players up to speed fitness wise but in the grander scheme of things it bares negligible significance to the actual season. We’ve had blinding pre seasons in the past only to start the season terribly.

Isn’t Son suspended btw? All the same he’s far more consistent than Lamela and hurts the opposition far more. For me, Lamela needs to become more consistent in terms of end product and fitness to climb above Son and Moura on the totem pole. Alli seems to be pretty much undroppable to Poch so he’s not going to replace him. For me, Son should be the 2nd name on the teamsheet in an attacking sense after Kane.

Pre season is essential for getting players up to speed fitness wise but in the grander scheme of things it bares negligible significance to the actual season. We’ve had blinding pre seasons in the past only to start the season terribly.

Isn’t Son suspended btw? All the same he’s far more consistent than Lamela and hurts the opposition far more. For me, Lamela needs to become more consistent in terms of end product and fitness to climb above Son and Moura on the totem pole. Alli seems to be pretty much undroppable to Poch so he’s not going to replace him. For me, Son should be the 2nd name on the teamsheet in an attacking sense after Kane.

I agree about pre-season and fitness. Yes, Son is banned for the first two games. Easy decision, barring no more injuries at the weekend.

Instead of who just out of interest?

Aside from the ban that milo brought up, I think I'd start 2 from Dele, Lamela and Eriksen to play off Kane whilst having Moura looking to get into the box off the wing. Winks and N'Dombele to start at CM. Moura might be the wrong move if Villa decide to spend the game sat in their half, in which case we would be better just playing the 3 creators.

Aside from the ban that milo bought up, I think I'd start 2 from Dele, Lamela and Eriksen to play off Kane whilst having Moura looking to get into the box off the wing. Winks and N'Dombele to start at CM. Moura might be the wrong move if Villa decide to spend the game sat in their half, in which case we would be better just playing the 3 creators.

Eriksen, Dele and Lamela are too one paced. We need Moura for pace. Especially if we start Davies at full back, none of our right backs are particularly quick either. I’d quite happily bring Lamela on after 65 mins if we are struggling to break them down.

Lamela was awesome last preseason and at the start of campaign. Big thing for him this season is consistency and health. Has to be on it through the year, and able to step in and out the team.

Eriksen, Dele and Lamela are too one paced. We need Moura for pace. Especially if we start Davies at full back, none of our right backs are particularly quick either. I’d quite happily bring Lamela on after 65 mins if we are struggling to break them down.

I agree with the one gear comment which is why in an ideal scenario I'd start Moura. I do however think that against a team like Burnley for instance, a player like Moura will have no space to run with the ball and we will need to craft something through intricate passing, where those 3 are better than he is.

Back