• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

That’s what I think too.

For me, Lamela starts against the better teams due to his tactical smarts and Lamela starts against the bus parkers for his clever passing.

Son is an option for any of the three behind when teams are tiring and starting to leave space, or against teams that play with a high line.

Agree, but when Son gets hot he will get left in the team regardless of opposition, because he gets on these goal-scoring streaks where everything he hits goes in. When that happens, just let him play til he goes cold again, imo.

Agree, but when Son gets hot he will get left in the team regardless of opposition, because he gets on these goal-scoring streaks where everything he hits goes in. When that happens, just let him play til he goes cold again, imo.

All great points ... poch doing a great job with rotation

I know all players have patches which are more purple coloured than other times, but I do take issue with comments appearing in the media etc which suggest that he's the most improved player at the moment, or most on-form player etc. At what point do people accept that he's always been class and its his permanent high level of performance rather than some temporary uptick in form? He's scored goals ever since he arrived and is a huge asset - quick, great dribbler, score goals, unselfish, creates chances for others, works hard, great attitude....if a bigger name produced like he does we'd never hear the end of it!! Mind you, having him fly under the radar but constantly produce isnt a bad thing

I know all players have patches which are more purple coloured than other times, but I do take issue with comments appearing in the media etc which suggest that he's the most improved player at the moment, or most on-form player etc. At what point do people accept that he's always been class and its his permanent high level of performance rather than some temporary uptick in form? He's scored goals ever since he arrived and is a huge asset - quick, great dribbler, score goals, unselfish, creates chances for others, works hard, great attitude....if a bigger name produced like he does we'd never hear the end of it!! Mind you, having him fly under the radar but constantly produce isnt a bad thing

Son was excellent last season too, he's just carried it on. The media always blather on about some b0ll0cks or other.

Lamela is one player who does not go missing in matches. He is still not back to his best after returning from his injury problems but his work rate and creativity is very useful for us. In contrast, Son is all about goals and his impact is limited if he doesn't score. Imagine, Son didn't score for 9 matches until the Rochdale match and his 2 goals then was assisted by Lamela.

Sorry but that’s nonsense. Son is a far better dribbler, runs at defences, creates chances for others and is more unpredictable than Lamela

That’s what I think too.

For me, Lamela starts against the better teams due to his tactical smarts and Lamela starts against the bus parkers for his clever passing.

Son is an option for any of the three behind when teams are tiring and starting to leave space, or against teams that play with a high line.

Son is playing the majority of games now because he is a better player than Lamela, a bigger goal threat and gives us something different than Lamela I.e. pace, dribbling and a genuine threat on the counter.

I’d argue Moura has done more than Lamela in the limited game time he’s had since he joined. I like Lamela and he’s a great option to have but the fact is he will start more games when his end product becomes more consistent, really is that simple. The nerve of people calling Son a “streaky” player when Lamela doesn’t even have hot streaks with all due respect. Son has been immense for the last season and a half! That’s some streak.

Last edited:
Son is playing the majority of games now because he is a better player than Lamela, a bigger goal threat and gives us something different than Lamela I.e. pace, dribbling and a genuine threat on the counter.

I’d argue Moura has done more than Lamela in the limited game time he’s had since he joined. I like Lamela and he’s a great option to have but the fact is he will start more games when his end product becomes more consistent, really is that simple. The nerve of people calling Son a “streaky” player when he’s Lamela doesn’t even have hot streaks with all due respect. Son has been immense for the last season and a half! That’s some streak.

How did I know that Son having a good game would mean that you'd have a knock a Lamela? Why not just give talking about him a swerve for a while and post positively about players you like rather than constantly knocking the player for no other reason than him being a threat to the starting place of your favourites?

How can people say lamela works against bus Parker’s??? He doesn’t make them break their lines or come out and because he is so one footed he is predictable

He does suit the better sides as he has a good all round game

As I have said several times here... why was ale all so ineffective vs palace??

How did I know that Son having a good game would mean that you'd have a knock a Lamela? Why not just give talking about him a swerve for a while and post positively about players you like rather than constantly knocking the player for no other reason than him being a threat to the starting place of your favourites?

I’ll talk about whoever I want thanks. I don’t see you berating other posters for doing nothing other than bigging up Lamela whilst knocking the other players in our team. Lamela was brilliant against Rochdale and very good against Arsenal and Juve, just don’t think he’s done enough to warrant a start ahead of Son and Moura.

So against city would you play a midfield of
Sin, Eriksen and delle. Or Lamela, Eriksen and delle. I think the answer of this question is the cause of us hanging on him. As Son is more effective in most other types of games.

Happy birthday coco ... plays for the shirt and love the edge he brings to the team. A goal or an assist every 2.5 games ... not to mention his energy.

Good lad stay for a very long time!

So against city would you play a midfield of
Sin, Eriksen and delle. Or Lamela, Eriksen and delle. I think the answer of this question is the cause of us hanging on him. As Son is more effective in most other types of games.

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Vertonghen Davies
Eriksen Alli
Son Lamela Moura
Kane

That’s what I think too.

I get that he’s your favourite players mate but you have got to pick players on form surely? Son has been on fire this season, especially at Wembley.

I’d seriosuly consider playing Lamela against Chelsea for his intensity and to try and wind up their players

I get that he’s your favourite players mate but you have got to pick players on form surely? Son has been on fire this season, especially at Wembley.

I’d seriosuly consider playing Lamela against Chelsea for his intensity and to try and wind up their players

Each selection on its own merits, form is a byproduct of the system, the team and the opposition.

Would you advocate Llorente over Kane based on recent form, Sissoko over Winks, Fyoth over Toby?

It’s not a Son or Lamela equation, Son could be preferred to Kane, Lamela can play in place of Eriksen or Alli, either could be played deeper. We have a lot of options.

Not sure what you want from me, but it’s obviously something as you have quoted that post twice?

Each selection on its own merits, form is a byproduct of the system, the team and the opposition.

Would you advocate Llorente over Kane based on recent form, Sissoko over Winks, Fyoth over Toby?

It’s not a Son or Lamela equation, Son could be preferred to Kane, Lamela can play in place of Eriksen or Alli, either could be played deeper. We have a lot of options.

Not sure what you want from me, but it’s obviously something as you have quoted that post twice?

I see what you’re saying regarding form but Son’s form this season has been exponentially better than the players you mentioned, I assume the Sissoko mention was a joke? :)
He’s been our 2nd most profilic attacker in terms of goals over the last 18 months, that’s an impressive body of work. When we signed him he wasn’t anywhere near as consistent as he is now.

Honestly didn’t realise I’d quoted the same quote twice :)

Where does the lamela can play instead of eriksen thing come from???

Also where do the comments that lamela is needed for bus Parker’s too?

From what I’ve seen he doesn’t have the passing range of eriksen at all and relies on little slide rule passes, and he is generally infective against bus Parker’s as his passing range doesn’t scare them out and he can only use one foot

I see what you’re saying regarding form but Son’s form this season has been exponentially better than the players you mentioned, I assume the Sissoko mention was a joke? :)
He’s been our 2nd most profilic attacker in terms of goals over the last 18 months, that’s an impressive body of work. When we signed him he wasn’t anywhere near as consistent as he is now.

Honestly didn’t realise I’d quoted the same quote twice :)

My thinking is more about skill set, the problem isn’t always a nail so the the solution isn’t always a hammer, but when it is, reach for the sledge, Son and Lamela have very different traits and it should be the desired system that defines the line up, not the recent stats of the individual.

I was semi serious regarding Sissoko, he’s been useful lately whereas returning from injury Winks has been terrible, it would be crazy to think the youngster won’t click back to his usual metronomic self though.

Back