• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

You create that opening by keeping possession and passing the ball trying to draw players out of position.
Or by tackling and winning the ball back early and turning the defence before they reset.
Son can't tackle for toffee and his tracking leaves a lot to be desired.

Hence we play son for counter and lamella for press.

Wouldn't even mind dropping Dele if he dips in form for a rotation.

We finally have a squad that we can debate about .... Only a good thing.

You create that opening by keeping possession and passing the ball trying to draw players out of position.
Or by tackling and winning the ball back early and turning the defence before they reset.
Son can't tackle for toffee and his tracking leaves a lot to be desired.

You don’t need to track teams tha don’t attack. Organised team that sit there rarely forray forward to need tracking

And when they hit you on the counter ...

You hit them back on the counter

Your forgetting we have a great defensive platform and everyone works in it

If people are serious about playing Lamela because he does a defensive job we have BIG problems

If eriksen is playing and sissoko isn't I would find it difficult to argue with any permutation of our midfield or attack.
On their day son and lamela are huge assets to our team,and can both be equally frustrating when it isn't, it's horses for courses and if poch picks either I'm not going to pick holes.

If people are serious about playing Lamela because he does a defensive job we have BIG problems

You need to win the ball back to hit them on the counter, lamela is much better at that than son.

You need to win the ball back to hit them on the counter, lamela is much better at that than son.

Yeah that’s the job of our 4 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders as much as anyone

Son brings unpredictability where as Lamela is generally predictable due to his one footedness and does do the odd great pass

And @Gazza I don’t think a Poch sees us having problems but we will see today I guess. If he plays Lamela over son or moura

The way we play, everyone is a defender and everyone is an attacker.
Agreed
And they all do their jobs well. Son is not known for his crunching tackles but he does close down space better than most and that has a big impact
Lamela is IMO known more his reckless tackles as much as his decent ones

Yeah that’s the job of our 4 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders as much as anyone

Son brings unpredictability where as Lamela is generally predictable due to his one footedness and does do the odd great pass

And @Gazza I don’t think a Poch sees us having problems but we will see today I guess. If he plays Lamela over son or moura

I would be amazed and disappointed if poch sees it like rhat, it's everyone's job to defend.

Lamela is one player who does not go missing in matches. He is still not back to his best after returning from his injury problems but his work rate and creativity is very useful for us. In contrast, Son is all about goals and his impact is limited if he doesn't score. Imagine, Son didn't score for 9 matches until the Rochdale match and his 2 goals then was assisted by Lamela.

Agreed
And they all do their jobs well. Son is not known for his crunching tackles but he does close down space better than most and that has a big impact
Lamela is IMO known more his reckless tackles as much as his decent ones

I think son starts for this one

It's not defensive in our own half though, what Lamela does is press their back 4 making it harder to play out from the back. And it's a nice problem to have.

I think son starts for this one

As I said earlier in this for me son starts against anyone who parks the bus as he has goals in him

Lamela is better suited against opponents who may actually attack us

I’m actually not sure where Huddersfield will fit in here as I don’t think they can park the bus but we will see

As I said earlier in this for me son starts against anyone who parks the bus as he has goals in him

Lamela is better suited against opponents who may actually attack us

I’m actually not sure where Huddersfield will fit in here as I don’t think they can park the bus but we will see

I'm actually going by the fact that lamela played the full 90 mins vs Rochdale.

Lamela will be rested for the juve game. But let's see.

I'm actually going by the fact that lamela played the full 90 mins vs Rochdale.

Lamela will be rested for the juve game. But let's see.

That’s what I think too.

For me, Lamela starts against the better teams due to his tactical smarts and Lamela starts against the bus parkers for his clever passing.

Son is an option for any of the three behind when teams are tiring and starting to leave space, or against teams that play with a high line.

Back