• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I’m surprised Erik is taking any even tepid criticism of his performances since he’s been back. For me he’s playing way beyond frankly a level I ever expected him to get back to again after 13 months out, and he seems determined to show what he can do with the minutes he gets. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him getting some starts in or around the Juve game.

Erik has always disappointed me. He is far far more able than he ultimately delivers. It's so disappointing, today was an excellent example. I may be being harsh but he flatters to deceive imho.
I genuinely excites me when he comes on the pitch he looks the 'real deal' then so often he.........
He gets lots of support on here and I want him of course to do well

I think he is just such quality - his passing is almost always into precisely the right area for an attacking player and he can find space in a packed defence.

He can score more and should have done so today, but I as I said I think Poch will get him into the team 11 for some games even though Son has been fantastic.

Fudge me. So in the last three games he's come on and win a penalty at Anfield. Is Man of the match during the week in FA cup game, comes in today in a one nil win against the Gooners, plays well, creates chances and all this 3 games back after a 14 month lay-off. And there's people in here complaining! Tough crowd huh?!!

Don’t think people are complaining. Just that he needs to improve his finishing. Hardly an unfair or inaccurate criticism.

I think he is just such quality - his passing is almost always into precisely the right area for an attacking player and he can find space in a packed defence.

He can score more and should have done so today, but I as I said I think Poch will get him into the team 11 for some games even though Son has been fantastic.
Exactly. And let's not forget we'll be having two games a week on many an occasion (I'm assuming we'll get to CL and FA Cup semis, at least :D), so players will need to rotate. There will be plenty of game time for both.

Have to say that seems an oddly negative take on Son's performance today.

When you're confronted by 11 men behind the ball as we were for much of the time today - especially whilst Son was on the pitch - the one thing you want is someone who will get down the flank and take players on, and that is what Son did time and again.

Agreed he had less end-product than of late but for much of the game he was the one creating the most havoc in and around their box, constantly taking defenders on, playing others in and putting crosses over.

You want posters to offer balance re Lamela, how about doing the same for Son?

Son had poor game in comparison to his recent run of excellent form, it happens, nothing more nothing less.
I don' think I've been harsh at all, in fact I've said that why can't we rejoice in having two such good players.
If son was getting the same criticism is be on defending him.
I just struggle to see how any of our players can get this level of criticism just now.

HAHAHA

He sounds like one of my Latvian friends who when we go out on the tinkle he is always saying that to people.

If an English guy said that I would think they were a thug, but the is a charm to it when a foreigner does it. I love the latin passion of Lamela.

My favourite story about him was telling Rose that we should be aiming for the title. I like that he does seem to adhere to a class system that so many British players seem to have. He believes in himself, love him.

I think he's getting closer to starting a league game for us. Love Lamela, for all of Son's menace on the left he came on and contributed with what should have been 3 key moments in the game

I think he's getting closer to starting a league game for us. Love Lamela, for all of Son's menace on the left he came on and contributed with what should have been 3 key moments in the game
True but by the time Lamela came on the Arse defence had been run ragged and were all over the place. But it's also true the Goons came closest to scoring after Son had left the field.

Just saying.

He’d certainly be up for a game in Italy against a top team like Juventus

The most important thing in games like this, is not losing. A score draw is a good result for us. I think that we've got two options, play on the break like we did against Madrid and Dortmund (in which case you'd favour Son) or press relentlessly (in which case Lamela is your man).

True but by the time Lamela came on the Arse defence had been run ragged and were all over the place. But it's also true the Goons came closest to scoring after Son had left the field.

Just saying.
I think that was coincidental though. I thought it was imperative that Poch got Son off. All of Arsenal's attacking moments seemed to come from their right back pushing forward and finding himself in acres of space with Son not tracking the runs. I thought there was a big difference in Eriksen's desire to get across and cover the runs compared to Son's.

How can you not love him? He's the perfect mix of sublimely skilled and natural mongrel. On another day he could have had two off the bench against the Goons... Hope he starts against Juve.
I thought he did well too. Although those missed chances could've cost us. For one of the chances a ball across goal would've resulted in a certain goal and guaranteed the win.

Back