• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Surely if it was a drug ban the club would know when the ban ends, so could/would at least give us an indication.
Also think if it was drug related poch and levy would have shipped him out in January.

I can understand in the case of recreational drug use (as opposed to performance enhancing) why the FA might be willing to allow clubs to keep things under wraps. But I don't get why the media, or certain elements of the media, would not latch onto the likelihood of a story.

Too busy reporting how rubbish Lamela has been and can't seem to get over the fact that he was brilliant last year and was on an upward curve.

You got "experts" like matt le tissier saying that we should wash or hands as Lamela has not really delivered.

If Lamela comes back to play like he was last year ... I hope that he under delivers every year for a long time with us.

Surely if it was a drug ban the club would know when the ban ends, so could/would at least give us an indication.
Also think if it was drug related poch and levy would have shipped him out in January.

Apparently there is a complete blackout on news about him from the club. My insider says no one talks about him at all. Period. Something must be going on behind the scenes.

I can understand in the case of recreational drug use (as opposed to performance enhancing) why the FA might be willing to allow clubs to keep things under wraps. But I don't get why the media, or certain elements of the media, would not latch onto the likelihood of a story.

Doesn't matter if they 'latch on' - what are they gonna do, fabricate a story entirely? They have no verifiable evidence on hand, and can't suggest things without some sort of cue from the club or misstep stemming from some club official inadvertently confirming/commenting on any fabricated rumour (which then gives them license to print it as 'club official responds to allegations'). Otherwise they're treading close to libel charges.

If (huge if) it's a recreational drugs ban, it isn't sporting malpractice as much as it is a sheer lack of professionalism for one reason or another (sometimes more justifiable, sometimes less so). There's little reason for the FA to be vindictive in terms of publicizing such a thing, especially when doing so has all sorts of financial implications for the club and player involved.

Doesn't matter if they 'latch on' - what are they gonna do, fabricate a story entirely?

The Daily Mail understands that Erik Lamela has been secretly seeing a psychologist about a recurrence of his leapordisia mentalis diagnosis.

It was thought these episodes were all in the past, but for the last year he has become increasingly convinced he is a leopard and spends many nights prowling around his garden on all fours, dressed in a lycra catsuit.

Last week it became known that he changed his name to El Guepardo and has been lurking on fan message boards for the last few years.

Et cetera et cetera

Tottenham Hotspur fans want proof Lamela is still alive

by Danielle Joynson

Some Tottenham Hotspur fans have bizarrely asked the club to prove that Erik Lamela is still alive.

The Argentine has not played since he suffered a hip injury almost five months ago.

The 25-year-old has had various treatments, and at one point was sent back to his former club Roma to undergo assessment, but it is still unclear when he will return to action.

Lamela was also given some time off in December to spend time in his homeland Argentina after his brother was injured in a serious accident.

Seven weeks after learning in Rome that he did not need an operation, Lamela is still no closer to making a first-team comeback.

There does not seem to be a timescale for the winger’s recovery as he continues to feel pain in his hip.

On Friday, Spurs posted an update on Twitter about the latest injury news within the squad, which included confirmation that Lamela is unavailable for Sunday’s home match against Southampton.

Bizarrely, some fans reacted to the news by speculating whether the player is even still alive.

17 Mar
Tottenham Hotspur

✔ @SpursOfficial

TEAM NEWS: @HKane (ankle), @ErikLamela (hip) and Danny Rose (left knee) all unavailable for selection. #COYS pic.twitter.com/khNoAO3J9R

Luke @Dierbolic

@SpursOfficial @HKane @ErikLamela Lamela is dead. Don't lie to us anymore.

8:32 PM - 17 Mar 2017

17 Mar
Tottenham Hotspur

✔ @SpursOfficial

TEAM NEWS: @HKane (ankle), @ErikLamela (hip) and Danny Rose (left knee) all unavailable for selection. #COYS pic.twitter.com/khNoAO3J9R

Follow
Henry David Perot @hyperrealkevin

.@SpursOfficial again we ask, a picture of @ErikLamela holding today's newspaper

8:33 PM - 17 Mar 2017

@SpursOfficial @HKane @ErikLamela Proof of life for Lamela please x

— Jamie (@ffstottenham) March 17, 2017

17 Mar
Tottenham Hotspur

✔ @SpursOfficial

Follow
Rufus spater @orlandobascoe

@SpursOfficial @ErikLamela gone but not forgotten
1f64c-1f3fd.png
26bd.png

Tottenham Hotspur

✔ @SpursOfficial

Follow
Mike @THFCMikey

@SpursOfficial @HKane @ErikLamela tweet a recent lamela picture plz

17 Mar
Tottenham Hotspur

✔ @SpursOfficial

Follow
keith @Keithha58176438

@SpursOfficial @HKane @ErikLamela my nan had both hips replaced and was walking 2 miles to the shops after 12 weeks dont believe it anymore

9:11 PM - 17 Mar 2017
22 Retweets

17 Mar
Tottenham Hotspur

✔ @SpursOfficial

Follow
Kalim Ahmed @kalimthedream3

@SpursOfficial @HKane @ErikLamela pathetic tell us the truth about coco

8:58 PM - 17 Mar 2017

http://www.footballfancast.com/soci...hotspur-fans-want-proof-lamela-is-still-alive
----------------------------------------

It is getting annoying. Maybe Lamela was kidnapped by Aliens and the club is too clueless to do anything !

I don't see why that should be any more important in football than other sports, the majority of which have transparent drug testing regimes.

well sporting bodies aren't beholden to a single regulatory framework, so i can only suppose that each one does as it see fit.
Apparently there is a complete blackout on news about him from the club. My insider says no one talks about him at all. Period. Something must be going on behind the scenes.
ITK ?

He is really disgruntled abut not being picked, this has given him a hip on his shoulder. I know this, cos I just made it up.

Still not dreaming of him coming back, but concentrating on the guys who are out there doing the biz

Tottenham Hotspur fans want proof Lamela is still alive

by Danielle Joynson

Some Tottenham Hotspur fans have bizarrely asked the club to prove that Erik Lamela is still alive.

The Argentine has not played since he suffered a hip injury almost five months ago.

The 25-year-old has had various treatments, and at one point was sent back to his former club Roma to undergo assessment, but it is still unclear when he will return to action.

Lamela was also given some time off in December to spend time in his homeland Argentina after his brother was injured in a serious accident.

Seven weeks after learning in Rome that he did not need an operation, Lamela is still no closer to making a first-team comeback.

There does not seem to be a timescale for the winger’s recovery as he continues to feel pain in his hip.

On Friday, Spurs posted an update on Twitter about the latest injury news within the squad, which included confirmation that Lamela is unavailable for Sunday’s home match against Southampton.

Bizarrely, some fans reacted to the news by speculating whether the player is even still alive.

17 Mar
Tottenham Hotspur

✔ @SpursOfficial

adorably cute photos of animals: @HKane (ankle), @ErikLamela (hip) and Danny Rose (left knee) all unavailable for selection. #COYS pic.twitter.com/khNoAO3J9R

Luke @Dierbolic

@SpursOfficial @HKane @ErikLamela Lamela is dead. Don't lie to us anymore.

17 Mar
Tottenham Hotspur

✔ @SpursOfficial

adorably cute photos of animals: @HKane (ankle), @ErikLamela (hip) and Danny Rose (left knee) all unavailable for selection. #COYS pic.twitter.com/khNoAO3J9R

Follow
Henry David Perot @hyperrealkevin

.@SpursOfficial again we ask, a picture of @ErikLamela holding today's newspaper

@SpursOfficial @HKane @ErikLamela Proof of life for Lamela please x

— Jamie (@ffstottenham) March 17, 2017

17 Mar
Tottenham Hotspur

✔ @SpursOfficial

Follow
Rufus spater @orlandobascoe

@SpursOfficial @ErikLamela gone but not forgotten
1f64c-1f3fd.png
26bd.png

Tottenham Hotspur

✔ @SpursOfficial

Follow
Mike @THFCMikey

@SpursOfficial @HKane @ErikLamela tweet a recent lamela picture plz

17 Mar
Tottenham Hotspur

✔ @SpursOfficial

Follow
keith @Keithha58176438

@SpursOfficial @HKane @ErikLamela my nan had both hips replaced and was walking 2 miles to the shops after 12 weeks dont believe it anymore

9:11 PM - 17 Mar 2017
22 Retweets

17 Mar
Tottenham Hotspur

✔ @SpursOfficial

Follow
Kalim Ahmed @kalimthedream3

@SpursOfficial @HKane @ErikLamela pathetic tell us the truth about coco

8:58 PM - 17 Mar 2017

http://www.footballfancast.com/soci...hotspur-fans-want-proof-lamela-is-still-alive
----------------------------------------

It is getting annoying. Maybe Lamela was kidnapped by Aliens and the club is too clueless to do anything !

What's the point in copying and pasting click bait articles with nothing substantial in them @Spurs7891?

Maybe you can try to rescue Lamela from the Aliens.

I just don't understand the point in copying every article you find on him here. We're all interested in genuine news about him but a cobbled together article about the gonad*s people are posting on Twitter doesn't really add anything to the thread.

I just don't understand the point in copying every article you find on him here. We're all interested in genuine news about him but a cobbled together article about the cobblers people are posting on Twitter doesn't really add anything to the thread.

"genuine news" you're wasting your time sites full of idiots like me, spouting their unfounded and bias views!

I don't see why that should be any more important in football than other sports, the majority of which have transparent drug testing regimes.
Unless the drug testing was done by Spurs and not the FA. And when the club found out he tested positive decided to not play him so as not to risk the FA finding out.

I don't know, really. Just another possible theory.

Unless the drug testing was done by Spurs and not the FA. And when the club found out he tested positive decided to not play him so as not to risk the FA finding out.

I don't know, really. Just another possible theory.

Yeah not wholly implausible. He is obviously going through some sort of trial/ tribulation so let's just give him some support.

Back