• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I think Lamela has to perform today to be considered as having turned the corner so to speak... I think he will dominate and he will also want to do the same.
I don't think that is true. He is finding his form again but it is possible that he will have off days. We should put any more pressure on him than there already is.

I don't think that is true. He is finding his form again but it is possible that he will have off days. We should put any more pressure on him than there already is.

Agreed. As long as he puts the effort in the signs will be good. If he can press like he did against QPR I will be pleased.

Can't rely on one player for all our creative intent, that ends badly.

I partly agree but people say he has now arrived etc so its time to show it. I dont think the pressure comes from the fans but from outside of it i.e. media etc. For continuity and that continued progression I think he does need to perform today etc, its not imperitive and not necessarily make or break but for his own confidence etc.

I partly agree but people say he has now arrived etc so its time to show it. I dont think the pressure comes from the fans but from outside of it i.e. media etc. For continuity and that continued progression I think he does need to perform today etc, its not imperitive and not necessarily make or break but for his own confidence etc.
He's only ever started five Premier League games for us. I think that it is best to take it one game at a time.

Agreed. As long as he puts the effort in the signs will be good. If he can press like he did against QPR I will be pleased.

Can't rely on one player for all our creative intent, that ends badly.

Agreed, not a good game today but tried and fought all day even if it did not result in much.

He tried today and you can tell but needs to be quicker with the ball but like ive always said the movement of the player makes the pass and today Ade et al were statuesque those ****in clams.

Lamela gave his all today, demanded the ball, ran to the end ...

Ade and Chadli and later Dembele let him down, especially at the end, Lamela kept looking up when he got the ball and there was no one making a run in front of him.

Thought he was ok, worked hard but tired towards the end. Would love to see him take a shot though, which he seems to be avoiding at the moment.

Another good game from him. Seems to fit in really well under Poch and right now he's the first attacking player on the team sheet. Up to the others to step up to his levels of intensity as a minimum, and close to his level of quality of possible.

Lamela was definitely our best attacking player today, that in itself is showing a certain levy of consistency

Lamela gave his all today, demanded the ball, ran to the end ...

Ade and Chadli and later Dembele let him down, especially at the end, Lamela kept looking up when he got the ball and there was no one making a run in front of him.

Seeing what Sterling did today makes me think Lamela should play the same role - including supporting the main striker (by the way, Pool, the away side, played TWO up front).

Was well pleased with Lamela's attitude today. He wanted to make the team score more than anything. Kept running, kept trying, even at 3-0 down. Sure, not everything clicked for him today, but that kind of attitude was heart warming. Now, if only the other 10 on the pitch were equally up for it ...

Back