• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

The lack of a right foot still bothers me. It's a major issue and it cost him/us a goal today, and it makes him easier to play against. Bale got a good proportion of his goals with his right.

He did well though but still has a lot to prove.

Adebayors pass cost him a goal

Absolutely wonderful, and like others have pointed out tremendous work rate to go with it. Best of all it feels like there's still a lot more to come from him.

The lack of a right foot still bothers me. It's a major issue and it cost him/us a goal today, and it makes him easier to play against. Bale got a good proportion of his goals with his right.

Must be an Argentinian thing. Maradona and Messi had the same problem.

Forget the press but I hope this a lesson for Spurs fans who can't wait 2 mins before passing judgement on a player. For those of us who had more patience and could see the lad had something about him - nice isn't it? Of course it's still early days and he needs to work on some decision making BUT he is a kid and just needs game time and confidence. For me the most enlightening part of his game was not his flair, not his trickery or his final ball - it was his strength and desire to win the ball back - not weak is he? (on another note - Ade looked a tad weaker in 1 to 1s).

I also like the fact that he and Eriksen are looking to link up a lot! Sometimes there will be better options but to have two very talented kids buzzing around and working together brings much joy. Look at the pic on the BBC website, seems there is a mutual pleasure! http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/77145000/jpg/_77145955_tottenhamcelebrateafp.jpg

Early days of course but enjoying the short ride thus far...

Ossie to Erik on twitter (google translated)

Excellent Erik. Very good game. These empezzando to be you. Very content. Congratulations and see you soon

Very good match Erik. You're starting to be who you are you. The Premier League is not easy. Very content for you. Congratulations

Adebayors pass cost him a goal

No, you're viewing the world from a skewed lens that favours the player you prefer. The pass was good, the desire to shift it on to his left was not. Watch it again on MOTD.

Hopefully the training staff will make it a priority to develop his right foot more. He just needs to be able to make a decent swing with it.

I'm not against the lad, far from it. I just think he should be judged according to the rules of every other player, regardless of the fact he's Argentinian, cost 30 mil and is a pretty boy.

If Townsend puts one foot wrong, there's plenty here who can't wait to put the boot in, while at the same time making excuses for Lamela.

No, you're viewing the world from a skewed lens that favours the player you prefer. The pass was good, the desire to shift it on to his left was not. Watch it again on MOTD.

Hopefully the training staff will make it a priority to develop his right foot more. He just needs to be able to make a decent swing with it.

I'm not against the lad, far from it. I just think he should be judged according to the rules of every other player, regardless of the fact he's Argentinian, cost 30 mil and is a pretty boy.

If Townsend puts one foot wrong, there's plenty here who can't wait to put the boot in, while at the same time making excuses for Lamela.

Ades pass was poor, passed it FAR too early. I wouldnt even wish that GHod awful pass on Messi as I don't think even he'd do well with that *******s.

You're talking about the situation where he shifted it back to his left and was tackled by Rio? That decision seemed fine, didn't work out, thought he actually miscontrolled it slightly.

This was Lamela's 4th PL start, people aren't making excuses they're patient. When Townsend next gets 4 assists in two games (or does something similar), if people are still highlighting negatives about him I think a comparison with what you're doing is fine. Right now it's not.

You know you're scraping the barrel when you start pointing towards a player's weak foot, it would be valid claim if 99% of players weren't exactly the same.

Forget the press but I hope this a lesson for Spurs fans who can't wait 2 mins before passing judgement on a player. For those of us who had more patience and could see the lad had something about him - nice isn't it? Of course it's still early days and he needs to work on some decision making BUT he is a kid and just needs game time and confidence. For me the most enlightening part of his game was not his flair, not his trickery or his final ball - it was his strength and desire to win the ball back - not weak is he? (on another note - Ade looked a tad weaker in 1 to 1s).

I also like the fact that he and Eriksen are looking to link up a lot! Sometimes there will be better options but to have two very talented kids buzzing around and working together brings much joy. Look at the pic on the BBC website, seems there is a mutual pleasure! http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/77145000/jpg/_77145955_tottenhamcelebrateafp.jpg

=D>

=D>…add to that the fans who refuse to accept change/progression because then they'd have to admit they got it wrong.

we were 3 on 1, Ade should have held on to it, drawn ferdinand in and then either slipped it to Lamela or the other striker (can't remember who it was), it would have been an almost certain goal.

personally i would rather the media didnt change their tune after just one league game that he has done well in. They could end up building a target to knock back down again

Agreed; but for the lad's immediate development i'll take that for now. His current rise is meaning less pressure/spotlight/scrutiny on others (e.g. Eriksen) and hopefully they themselves will start to come to the fore when Lamela himself starts to dip a little, and he himself wont be under such scrutiny at that time.

At least that's my hope anyway..

Back