• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I fudging hate Spurs

Chelsea will recover (money does that), Leicester may be in real problems if they go down.

I'm not calling you out, but I can't see a world where current Spurs fans accept a cup and then be ok with a sub 10th finish a year or so later, just don't see it. We have become the fanbase that finishing outside of Europe is an absolute calamity despite Chelsea, Arsenal, Pool, United all having done it in modern times.

You’re most likely right about winning something and being unhappy if we had a bad season following the trophy. That would still be infinitely better than winning nothing for 15 years and having 3 bad seasons out of 4. I’m at the stage now where I’m wanting us to get hammered if we go a couple of goals down early doors.

For me it's got nothing to do with social media or what my mates who support other clubs say, it's about the prick teasing nature of the club. It would be much easier to bear if we were a middle of the table side or a club in one of the lower divisions. It's the hope that kills you!

I do not hate Spurs, i have been traveling all over for 60 years watching them and as long as i can i still will. What i do hate is the way the game has gone over the last decade or so, moaning, crying fans, greedy players, social media which is full of arseholes, whingers and wanabees. Players who do not really connect with fans anymore, the money that has ruined what was/should still be the greatest sport in the world.

I do not hate Spurs, i have been traveling all over for 60 years watching them and as long as i can i still will. What i do hate is the way the game has gone over the last decade or so, moaning, crying fans, greedy players, social media which is full of arseholes, whingers and wanabees. Players who do not really connect with fans anymore, the money that has ruined what was/should still be the greatest sport in the world.

I think the fans are in the social media assholes category

Look at a player like Royal, I think he wanted to connect with the fans, was busting his ass every game (regardless of output), was spending his own money on improving and his return? brick on at every moment, no wonder players stay away.

The matchday experience is what has gone to brick for me, I suspect the social media idiots were always out there, but the atmosphere, the jeering, booing, bitching, the entitlement and then when you make a comment -> no, it's the tourists and prawn sandwich lot that makes it suck.

I'm not sure in 2 years I'll still go, I don't need more misery in my life.

I really respect your opinions and would love to sit down for a pint someday. And I admire your resilience. But I have to ask - at what point would you say that Levy/ENIC have failed?

I love Spurs but I fudging hate Levy and ENIC now.

Gone full circle and then some in two years. From persistent close but no cigar to complete circus, yet again.

I really respect your opinions and would love to sit down for a pint someday. And I admire your resilience. But I have to ask - at what point would you say that Levy/ENIC have failed?

The pint sounds good mate, as for the Levy/Enic question its a difficult one. Firstly as i have said i have been a fan ( of our great club despite the ups and downs for decades) do i want them to sell up now? the answer is NO, do i think they have made mistakes? YES of course ( just like every one of us do on a daily basis in real life). However i remember the dark days our great club has suffered ( almost going out of buisness because of the way Irving run up debts and being so close to becoming owned by the crook Maxwell and IF that had happened we may not have our club to moan about and love). Fans may have hated Sugar but if it was not for him we may not have a club to watch now.

The dark days of relegation and having to travel around the country to watch games at what at best in most places were brickhole grounds and pitches, midtable finishes in a lot of seasons where the football was really brick, watching players who in all honesty struggled to kick a ball in a straight line, a ground that in places was a tip. ( i could go on but it would only bore folks who were not there at that time.

As i say Levy/Enic have made mistakes but from where we were before he came here is a massive improvement, of course i am not happy that we have failed to win anything ( like most fans are and have a right to be) but we are now considered to be a TOP club and a lot of that IS down to Levy/Enic. But even the most blinkered fan can see that the game today is not a level playing field with the number of money doped clubs that are around ( and i would HATE it if a bored billionaire/ despot country owned us and we became another City/Chelski/Saudi Sportswashing Machine, allthough i appreaciate others my disagree with me over that point).

I could go on but i fear it would bore some fans, do i support Levy YES, could he do better YES, do i want a change of ownership NO not if it means becoming another Chelski, City, Saudi Sportswashing Machine. NO

You got a link? Tried Googling but couldn't find it.
Tbh mate it's lazy punditry. Blame doesn't lie with one group this season, it is collective. When I was doing investigations I remember being taught if you focus only on direct causes without considering underlying causes then your conclusions have less value.

Last edited:
The dark days of relegation and having to travel around the country to watch games at what at best in most places were brickhole grounds and pitches, midtable finishes in a lot of seasons where the football was really brick, watching players who in all honesty struggled to kick a ball in a straight line, a ground that in places was a tip. ( i could go on but it would only bore folks who were not there at that time.

It's a bit of a strange one, isn't it? We're experiencing consistent near-success, compared to the old days of occasional successes interspersed with mid-table mediocrity leavened with occasional relegation.

I've given up expecting THFC to win the title in my lifetime and I am settling for hoping the club can sneak in a few more European trophies before I peg it.

It's a bit of a strange one, isn't it? We're experiencing consistent near-success, compared to the old days of occasional successes interspersed with mid-table mediocrity leavened with occasional relegation.

I've given up expecting THFC to win the title in my lifetime and I am settling for hoping the club can sneak in a few more European trophies before I peg it.

I have lost count the number of times i have told my Kids ( who are now grown up with kids of their own) next year will be our season;).

Back