• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I fudging hate Spurs

About 6 weeks ago i posted that I planned to pull away from the club. Not watching games anymore because it was affecting my mental health. I must say that recent events have well and truly borne that decision out. The tinkle weak efforts were ruining my weekends. Not bothered now. the players aren't so why should I?

As a poodle rocker once wrote "you know that I love you, but I hate you, coz I know I can never escape you".

Yesterday after 20 mins was as angry, helpless and frustrated as I've been through football. But this morning, I'm a bit more indifferent towards it. The highs are much higher than the lows are low and they last longer too. It's some f**king brickshow right now though.

About 6 weeks ago i posted that I planned to pull away from the club. Not watching games anymore because it was affecting my mental health. I must say that recent events have well and truly borne that decision out. The tinkle weak efforts were ruining my weekends. Not bothered now. the players aren't so why should I?

Similarly a month or so back I stopped watching games devoutly because of other things in life but also because I have adapted my outlook around Spurs to the point that its never life or death. Whats interesting is that when you step back things are never as bad as they seem or as good for that matter, I have always thought that footballs been about moments rather than longer term impact and in my own experiences its been proven right for my emotions on it. Wins are wins, losses are losses, mistakes happen as do good things, I find the idea that everything is bad as some matter of fact is unhealthy hence why I try and balance my views out on here about it, I am not one to believe that we are on our own in bad times or mistakes and neither do I believe that success means those problems don't exist for others, I have made peace with the game and Spurs in that respect.

I will keep my season tickets for my son for him to make his mind up but should he choose another or not football at all, I will be happy regardless and happy for him to plough his own field in that respect

Similarly a month or so back I stopped watching games devoutly because of other things in life but also because I have adapted my outlook around Spurs to the point that its never life or death. Whats interesting is that when you step back things are never as bad as they seem or as good for that matter, I have always thought that footballs been about moments rather than longer term impact and in my own experiences its been proven right for my emotions on it. Wins are wins, losses are losses, mistakes happen as do good things, I find the idea that everything is bad as some matter of fact is unhealthy hence why I try and balance my views out on here about it, I am not one to believe that we are on our own in bad times or mistakes and neither do I believe that success means those problems don't exist for others, I have made peace with the game and Spurs in that respect.

I will keep my season tickets for my son for him to make his mind up but should he choose another or not football at all, I will be happy regardless and happy for him to plough his own field in that respect

I looked at the result on ESPN and laughed out loud!

I don't really rate Jamie O'Hara as a pundit but he went on a rant this morning and, like many of his recent rants, I found myself in complete agreement.

I'm either becoming a braindead idiot or this really is as much a disgrace as he says.

It should never be life or death, football is an escape, a safe place to be tribal (perhaps the only place you should be), if you truly are a lifelong fan, there will be large parts of that (regardless of club) where there are bad seasons/players/managers/owners/etc.

I genuinely don't remember fans being so wildly reactionary 10 years ago, I think social media and the media in general have figured out how to trigger us all and do so at will.

The club is not in a good place and a lot of work needs to be done over next couple of months to correct, and I hate whataboutism (what is happening elsewhere does not lessen our issues) but I really wonder about our fanbase and media if we are have a Chelsea or Leicester season?

It should never be life or death, football is an escape, a safe place to be tribal (perhaps the only place you should be), if you truly are a lifelong fan, there will be large parts of that (regardless of club) where there are bad seasons/players/managers/owners/etc.

I genuinely don't remember fans being so wildly reactionary 10 years ago, I think social media and the media in general have figured out how to trigger us all and do so at will.

The club is not in a good place and a lot of work needs to be done over next couple of months to correct, and I hate whataboutism (what is happening elsewhere does not lessen our issues) but I really wonder about our fanbase and media if we are have a Chelsea or Leicester season?

Id happily take a Chelsea or Leicester season if it meant we won the league and the FA cup. 60 and 30 years respectively since we won them.

It's much easier to make peace when you clearly close the lies out I find. People want to believe the rumours and lies about things that generally make things look and feel worse and that's fine, but honestly I don't understand it and have no time for it. The Hugo rumour would have grown legs, it did for a short period if it had a chance and many would have used it to churn an agenda, same for the club apparently knowing about Fabs investigation when he signed, it's just a lie. Why people do it I have no idea, but honestly, cutting through it all makes it much easier.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Last edited:
Id happily take a Chelsea or Leicester season if it meant we won the league and the FA cup. 60 and 30 years respectively since we won them.

Chelsea will recover (money does that), Leicester may be in real problems if they go down.

I'm not calling you out, but I can't see a world where current Spurs fans accept a cup and then be ok with a sub 10th finish a year or so later, just don't see it. We have become the fanbase that finishing outside of Europe is an absolute calamity despite Chelsea, Arsenal, Pool, United all having done it in modern times.

I think social media is a big part of it. Getting caned on Whatsapp groups or getting it shoved down your throat on Facebook is a relatively new phenomenon. You can now be embarrassed in public, by different groups of people, 24/7. Personally, while I dread the abuse during the matches, I love that part of it. I give it with both barrels so you have to be able to take it.

Narratives are also being constructed through memes and repetition even if they aren't really grounded in fact. When I was growing up, we weren't much more successful than we are now but I never got grief for "not winning trophies". My son's mates genuinely think Tottenham have never won a trophy.

I don't think it's just social media. 10-15 years ago you could avoid all the BS and mates taking the tinkle. Now we're always connected and there's no avoiding it. If you haven't got a thick skin the tinkle taking has you in a temper and then there's over reactions to everything.

I think social media is a big part of it. Getting caned on Whatsapp groups or getting it shoved down your throat on Facebook is a relatively new phenomenon. You can now be embarrassed in public, by different groups of people, 24/7. Personally, while I dread the abuse during the matches, I love that part of it. I give it with both barrels so you have to be able to take it.

Narratives are also being constructed through memes and repetition even if they aren't really grounded in fact. When I was growing up, we weren't much more successful than we are now but I never got grief for "not winning trophies". My son's mates genuinely think Tottenham have never won a trophy.

What's hilarious is how obvious a narrative that is, don't hear about when last Saudi Sportswashing Machine, West Ham, Everton, Villa won a trophy, don't see any comparison charts with how many trophies Arsenal and United won two decades ago compared to current decade.

I don't think it's just social media. 10-15 years ago you could avoid all the BS and mates taking the tinkle. Now we're always connected and there's no avoiding it. If you haven't got a thick skin the tinkle taking has you in a temper and then there's over reactions to everything.

This is such a weird UK thing for me, so what your mates, idiots on the internet give you banter? as an adult do you really care?

I'm guilty of letting Spurs affect my mood, but someone telling me brick about the club? fudge them ..

Yes right now Tottenham are a brick club, but you know what? their OUR fudging brick club.

Besides we've seen all this before, and look around, it happens to all clubs sooner or later,
darkest hour just before the dawn, etc etc.

I still love Spurs and always will no matter what.

Until we get an Arb state buy us out anyway.

I don't really rate Jamie O'Hara as a pundit but he went on a rant this morning and, like many of his recent rants, I found myself in complete agreement.

I'm either becoming a braindead idiot or this really is as much a disgrace as he says.

Chris Waddle, who I do rate as a pundit, got tore into the players at half time on 5Live. He was fuming. They played it this morning. Worth hearing.

This is such a weird UK thing for me, so what your mates, idiots on the internet give you banter? as an adult do you really care?

I'm guilty of letting Spurs affect my mood, but someone telling me brick about the club? fudge them ..
Don't think it's just a UK thing and unfortunately a lot do care hence the over reactions.

I'm not calling you out, but I can't see a world where current Spurs fans accept a cup and then be ok with a sub 10th finish a year or so later, just don't see it. We have become the fanbase that finishing outside of Europe is an absolute calamity despite Chelsea, Arsenal, Pool, United all having done it in modern times.

Zero chance fans take that en masse. Someone suggested recently the sacking of Ramos was harsh to churn that opinion which i found funny

Also intro of superstar fans on socials that make money and churn out crap to do so

One thing I o hate is the predicability of our manager fuk ups. To be fair we seemingly did the right thing in hiring Paratici and behind the scenes he's built up a footballing structure that wasn't there. We need to be better at identifying good players - commanding CBs for a start. And we need a longer-term manager with a vision. For me Slot fits. Idk who would head up the director of football, maybe a Dutch person.

Back