• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

FULL. STRETCH.

What a save, how many times do I have to say this, best goalkeeper we've ever had in the Prem, shouldn't even listen to offers!!

Last edited:
he isn't perfect but who is.

while he is certainly up there with the best, he is the MOST EXCITING TO WATCH and that is spurs through and through for me!

4 years left on his contract, and I'm sure he knows he's a pretty decent keeper so inevitably other teams would be interested. Happy for all offers to be rejected even if it means he leaves for free in 4 years time.

Lloris a loyal man

TOTTENHAM Hotspur captain and goalkeeper Hugo Lloris is a man who can’t be tempted to part with the Lilywhites for now.

Not even as his erudite countryman, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, keeps saying the France skipper is too good for Spurs and deserves a better club.

“Arsene can say what he wants, but this is the club I will stay with. I love the spirit, the philosophy and the people,” said Lloris.

“That’s very important to me. Spurs play the football I love – exciting and entertaining.”

The classy custodian certainly makes it sound like Spurs fit him ... just like his gloves.

Immaculately attired in his purple jersey during an interview at the Tottenham Hotspur Academy, the 1.88m Lloris came across as the ultimate professional – always thinking and answering questions in terms of the club.

The only difference I see from the commanding presence on the field is that he’s a little shy and reserved in person. Lloris spoke gently and thoughtfully, and he wore an earnest expression that brooked no nonsense..

His commitment, of course, is unquestionable. In 2008, Lloris’ mother passed away while he was with Ligue 1 outfit Nice. Only two days after her death, he earned great respect in France by refusing a bereavement leave offer from manager Frederic Antonetti.

Lloris, instead, chose to play in a league match and he performed to great applause despite the unfortunate circumstances.

Given his discipline, it’s no wonder Lloris also excelled at tennis where at 13, he was among the top players in his age-group ranking in France.

“Pete Sampras was my hero then, and I wanted to be like him. But then, football is irresistible and I’ve focused on nothing better since,” he recalled.

In an attempt to catch him off-guard, I brought up the funny Chelsea scarf story. On March 1, while Lloris was going up the steps at Wembley to collect his runners-up medal after Tottenham’s 2-0 League Cup final defeat to the Blues, a member of the crowd threw a Blues scarf at him.

To the press’ amusement, Lloris picked it up and chucked it around his neck before trudging onward.

“Oh no, don’t bring that up. It was a mistake, I didn’t realise it was a Chelsea scarf. A lot was going through my mind when I was walking to pick up my medal ... I didn’t have a good look at it,” he said, admitting his blooper by planting his right palm on his forehead.

Taking his cue, I quickly turned his attention to something else – his standing as one of the world’s two best goalkeepers, alongside Germany’s Manuel Neuer.

“All that talk won’t mean a thing if I don’t help Spurs qualify for the Champions League or France win the Euro next year.

“Better to let my hands do the talking,” stressed the unflappable netminder noted for his lightning reflexes.

With his majesty on the field and modesty off it, Lloris makes a great catch for any club or country. And Spurs are indeed wise to make Hugo their boss on the pitch!

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Football/2015/03/13/Hugo-Lloris-a-loyal-man/

Lloris a loyal man

TOTTENHAM Hotspur captain and goalkeeper Hugo Lloris is a man who can’t be tempted to part with the Lilywhites for now.

Not even as his erudite countryman, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, keeps saying the France skipper is too good for Spurs and deserves a better club.

“Arsene can say what he wants, but this is the club I will stay with. I love the spirit, the philosophy and the people,” said Lloris.

“That’s very important to me. Spurs play the football I love – exciting and entertaining.”

The classy custodian certainly makes it sound like Spurs fit him ... just like his gloves.

Immaculately attired in his purple jersey during an interview at the Tottenham Hotspur Academy, the 1.88m Lloris came across as the ultimate professional – always thinking and answering questions in terms of the club.

The only difference I see from the commanding presence on the field is that he’s a little shy and reserved in person. Lloris spoke gently and thoughtfully, and he wore an earnest expression that brooked no nonsense..

His commitment, of course, is unquestionable. In 2008, Lloris’ mother passed away while he was with Ligue 1 outfit Nice. Only two days after her death, he earned great respect in France by refusing a bereavement leave offer from manager Frederic Antonetti.

Lloris, instead, chose to play in a league match and he performed to great applause despite the unfortunate circumstances.

Given his discipline, it’s no wonder Lloris also excelled at tennis where at 13, he was among the top players in his age-group ranking in France.

“Pete Sampras was my hero then, and I wanted to be like him. But then, football is irresistible and I’ve focused on nothing better since,” he recalled.

In an attempt to catch him off-guard, I brought up the funny Chelsea scarf story. On March 1, while Lloris was going up the steps at Wembley to collect his runners-up medal after Tottenham’s 2-0 League Cup final defeat to the Blues, a member of the crowd threw a Blues scarf at him.

To the press’ amusement, Lloris picked it up and chucked it around his neck before trudging onward.

“Oh no, don’t bring that up. It was a mistake, I didn’t realise it was a Chelsea scarf. A lot was going through my mind when I was walking to pick up my medal ... I didn’t have a good look at it,” he said, admitting his blooper by planting his right palm on his forehead.

Taking his cue, I quickly turned his attention to something else – his standing as one of the world’s two best goalkeepers, alongside Germany’s Manuel Neuer.

“All that talk won’t mean a thing if I don’t help Spurs qualify for the Champions League or France win the Euro next year.

“Better to let my hands do the talking,” stressed the unflappable netminder noted for his lightning reflexes.

With his majesty on the field and modesty off it, Lloris makes a great catch for any club or country. And Spurs are indeed wise to make Hugo their boss on the pitch!

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Football/2015/03/13/Hugo-Lloris-a-loyal-man/

That's nice, but we've heard it all before from our star players. It will only be put to the test if a bigger club were to bid for him.

Maybe he is not stupid enough to move to a big team. Lets face it who needs him? Madrid? We all know that club is a circus and I'm sure player do too. PSG maybe but I'm sure he said he would never play for PSG.

Back