• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

He probably wasn't much over the limit. It's common in france to drive a little over. No one on here has ever driven (carefully) after one too many pints?

He probably wasn't much over the limit. It's common in france to drive a little over. No one on here has ever driven (carefully) after one too many pints?
It doesn’t matter how over the limit he was. It’s a stupid thing to do. But the most worrying part is that he lives in East Finchley.

Probably the last player I expected that from. Very disappointing.

Drunk driving is completely unacceptable in my book, and I expect him to receive a suitable punishment from the club and the courts, depending on the level of intoxication, etc. I'll leave it up to the club to decide whether he should remain captain or play on Monday.

He should be glad he didn't have an accident and injured himself - or someone else.

Let's not get carried way lads and girls. No one knows the circumstances and whilst I agree drink and driving is not acceptable, it could have been marginly over the limit.

It's happened to a lot of premier league players and they are still playing and have done fine. People make mistakes and they shouldnt I know but lets wait until we accuse him of things.

Everyone makes mistakes but still a very serious offence. What if he knocked over and killed someone whilst under the influence ... ?

Crazy, just crazy.

Agreed, it an utterly macaronic thing to do regardless of what you do as a profession. As you say, even if you were 'in control' if you're unlucky enough to have an accident then you'd get the book thrown at you. Why on earth any one would drink drive and risk the huge downside, albeit with a low probability of occurring, is beyond me

It doesn’t matter how over the limit he was. It’s a stupid thing to do. But the most worrying part is that he lives in East Finchley.

East Finchley includes Bishop's Avenue and the roads off it, which are fairly salubrious.

And it clearly does matter how over the limit he was. How could it not?

Agreed, it an utterly macaronic thing to do regardless of what you do as a profession. As you say, even if you were 'in control' if you're unlucky enough to have an accident then you'd get the book thrown at you. Why on earth any one would drink drive and risk the huge downside, albeit with a low probability of occurring, is beyond me
I dont agree. Peoples bodies tolerance are different and the law isnt very clear. The police should just have a total ban on alcoholic drinks whilst being in control of a vehicle.
There's levels of drinking and driving but no one actually knows what they can take or cant take.

I dont agree. Peoples bodies tolerance are different and the law isnt very clear. The police should just have a total ban on alcoholic drinks whilst being in control of a vehicle.
There's levels of drinking and driving and levels of drinking and driving.

The law is very clear - you can't have a certain level of blood alcohol. How long you should leave before driving and how much is safe to drink is very unclear, so the safest advice is not to drink at all, just as you suggest. But that's not a matter of the law being unclear.

There's levels of drinking and driving and levels of drinking and driving.

They have a total ban in Scotland (of all places). Personally I dont think its a bad idea

He'll get his comeuppance in the courts, so chill the fudge out, no ones perfect.

IM surprised so many people are taking this line. Ignoring the football aspect of it (an example to the rest of the club is going to probably be fined, may sit out a game or two, and just generally be in the news for the wrong reasons) drink driving is putting other people on the road in danger, not just himself.

It’s really poor from anyone, let alone the World Cup winning captain who is supposed to be an example to everyone at our club for his professionalism.

Worth remembering we are yet to hear his side of the story. On the face of it there is no defence, but things are not always as cut and dried as they may appear, especially as it seems so out of character.

Maybe someone spiked his drinks? Whatever, he can afford the best lawyers so if there is some kind of plausible defence they will be able to make their case.

Silly silly boy and it really doesn't set a good example to others

I really don't agree with any form of drinking and driving, I feel it should be a zero thing anyhow, if you are going to drink you can't drive

The law is very clear - you can't have a certain level of blood alcohol. How long you should leave before driving and how much is safe to drink is very unclear, so the safest advice is not to drink at all, just as you suggest. But that's not a matter of the law being unclear.
Yes but no one knows how much their body can take. I can have 2 beers and feel tinkled yet my blood alcohol level could be under. Lloris could have felt fine and had 2 beers yet his blood alcohol level may have been over. Everyone responds differently to alcohol so they should just ban alcohol not have some crappy bar that everyone should adhere to.

If I was earning like these guys are. I doubt I would drive myself anymore and especially anywhere’s near a social event.
Stupid.

East Finchley includes Bishop's Avenue and the roads off it, which are fairly salubrious.

My point is that he shouldn’t be over the limit at all. So to an extent it doesnt matter because it’s bad enough being over by 0000.1. Obviously if he was Tony Adams drink it’s worse.

Thanks for the geographical info. You are, of course, correct. But if it were me I’d say South East Finchley. No disrespect to North East Finchley.

Big fan of Hugo but the club should have a zero tolerance to this. I am surprised that top level footballers whose careers are dependent on the fitness of their bodies will drink to excess. I am sure players were banned from consuming alcohol under Harry.

Back