• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Very stupid.
Kane to captain us on Monday?

Of course the quipsters are out :
Kane taking the points
Hugo having more points than Woolwich

Perhaps the legendary 2 week world cup celebration bender is still in his system?

No hopefully it's a 2 glasses of wine with dinner like any respecting Frenchman, rather than a more serious problem

Reading Spurs Community earlier. There are a lot of people wanting to throw him under the bus. Let's wait on the circumstances. If it's bad, he should lose the captaincy. I still think he should play on Monday unless he's broken an instruction from Poch (i.e. no drinking x days before the game).

Everyone makes mistakes. It's not a hanging offence.

Moderately reprehensible, although a drunken Hugo probably has faster reactions than most drivers do when sober. I'd be disappointed not to see him on Monday and if the captaincy gives him clout to organise the defence, then it would be a shame for him to lose that.

I bet they do not report how far over the limit he was. I know there is no excuse but there is being accidentally over the limit and there is being stupidly over the limit. I hope it is just a couple of wines and him not realising the units.

I bet they do not report how far over the limit he was. I know there is no excuse but there is being accidentally over the limit and there is being stupidly over the limit. I hope it is just a couple of wines and him not realising the units.

That's why you can't judge from an employer's point of view until the circumstances come out. 2 glasses of wine with the family is very different to 20 Jaggerbombs at a drum n bass night.

I think the detail would come out when he goes to the magistrates court although that's a few weeks away.
Hopefully it's as you say, although I don't personally think there's much excuse for being "accidentally" over. As pointed out above, the time (2.20am) does imply more than a drink or two over dinner however.

This is a tough one for Poch, when it comes to enforcing standards through the club. Especially because Hugo is supposed to be an example to everyone. And especially because we were supposed to get some sort of boost by having the World Cup winning captain in the squad.

Hugo has been an idiot here. There is no excuse. If we are going to compete with the more monied clubs, we need everything to be in line. He has let a lot of people down. And it seems really out of character.

Really saddened and frustrated to hear the news about Hugo...

Whilst I don't know the circumstances I feel there is no way he can continue to represent our club as captain.

Poch will have to earn his corn and handle this situation correctly.

Reading Spurs Community earlier. There are a lot of people wanting to throw him under the bus. Let's wait on the circumstances. If it's bad, he should lose the captaincy. I still think he should play on Monday unless he's broken an instruction from Poch (i.e. no drinking x days before the game).

Everyone makes mistakes. It's not a hanging offence.
Everyone makes mistakes but still a very serious offence. What if he knocked over and killed someone whilst under the influence ... ?

Crazy, just crazy.

Back