• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Hugo has had some crappy moments this season. Tonight wasn't one of them imo, it was a 1 in a million hit, the qunt who scored it won't ever get one again even in training. No blame on Lloris.

Agree with all of that except that Hugo was about 3/4 yards from that post and gets beaten again at the near post.

It’s an issue IMO

My mate claims he isn’t big enough... maybe thats right

What’s for sure is we have keepers in this league with very different strengths and a sweeper keeper is what he excels at

It was very well struck but did seem saveable... looks like Lloris was leaning to his left until it was too late to get there, although he might’ve got away with his positioning were he taller...

gDksUc2.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/53i4X

Last edited:
That was a fantastic shot, but I think Lloris reacted a split second too late. There is a momentary pause after the shot before he starts moving. Henceforth I will call it the 'oh brick' moment.

That was a fantastic shot, but I think Lloris reacted a split second too late. There is a momentary pause after the shot before he starts moving. Henceforth I will call it the 'oh brick' moment.
Does that lot dahn the road lay into their defense and keeper too for Son's goal ? They deft should

Should never have been allowed to get the shot off, Eriksen, Sanchez and Sissoko could and should have all pressed him much earlier.

Although Eriksen was nearest I think he’s blocking a ball out to the left wing, but Sanchez and Sissoko are holding hands marking no one, that’s fine for Sanchez as he’s a CB and keeping his shape/position, but I’ve literally no idea what Sissoko is doing so deep!

Should never have been allowed to get the shot off, Eriksen, Sanchez and Sissoko could and should have all pressed him much earlier.

Although Eriksen was nearest I think he’s blocking a ball out to the left wing, but Sanchez and Sissoko are holding hands marking no one, that’s fine for Sanchez as he’s a CB and keeping his shape/position, but I’ve literally no idea what Sissoko is doing so deep!
Sissoko is there to protect the defence and stop those shots. The only thing I can see that may explain why he didn't close down, is he sees Eriksen go to close down but then stop.

from 35 yards out, fully sighted...
Even the best get beaten by that type of worldy. It was right into the top left hand corner, could not have been placed much more accurately, and was hit with real pace.

The only thing I would say is the likes of De Gea and Courtois are that much taller and have greater reach when at full stretch, so maybe they'd have stood a better chance.

Back