• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

de Gea has a big weakness too.. he doesn’t leave his line and it costs them goals. The reason it won’t flagged up is because he doesn’t actually make a mistake by saying rooted to his line and he generally dives near to the ball as it goes in
Im sure De Gea does have a weakness or two, not sure that is one though. If he's not leaving his line at set pieces then he is being instructed not to for whatever reason, there is no way a keeper at that level consistently doesnt come out as would be told to when working on set pieces in training. Regardless, De Gea is a better goalkeeper than Lloris surely you'd agree....

Im sure De Gea does have a weakness or two, not sure that is one though. If he's not leaving his line at set pieces then he is being instructed not to for whatever reason, there is no way a keeper at that level consistently doesnt come out as would be told to when working on set pieces in training. Regardless, De Gea is a better goalkeeper than Lloris surely you'd agree....

De Gea is a better keeper no doubt but thats life, does not mean Lloris is not a good keeper, has some bad moments but all in all best keeper we have had in a long time.

De Gea is a better keeper no doubt but thats life, does not mean Lloris is not a good keeper, has some bad moments but all in all best keeper we have had in a long time.
Well yeah, did say in previous post am grateful to have him - theres no way we could afford better....

No he never leaves his line... ever pretty much
Hence why they concede so many goals from set pieces and crosses

I’ve heard him be called the vampire as he is allergic to crosses

Courtois is shocking at shots from distance. He struggles with shots form range a lot and they have been working on it but it’s a BIG weakness

Hugo has flaws but actually his all round game is 7 or 8 out of 10 for me

No he never leaves his line... ever pretty much
Hence why they concede so many goals from set pieces and crosses

I’ve heard him be called the vampire as he is allergic to crosses

Courtois is shocking at shots from distance. He struggles with shots form range a lot and they have been working on it but it’s a BIG weakness

Hugo has flaws but actually his all round game is 7 or 8 out of 10 for me
Ive seen De Gea improve massively from crosses. Like I said, set pieces are worked on in the training ground and that is down to the management and instructions if he never comes off his line for them. I never mentioned Courtois, I dont think he is all that to be honest - certainly not better than Lloris. Id go with Lloris being a 7-8 out of ten, he's a very good keeper - but he's not as good as De Gea....

Ive seen De Gea improve massively from crosses. Like I said, set pieces are worked on in the training ground and that is down to the management and instructions if he never comes off his line for them. I never mentioned Courtois, I dont think he is all that to be honest - certainly not better than Lloris. Id go with Lloris being a 7-8 out of ten, he's a very good keeper - but he's not as good as De Gea....

He isn’t as good as De Gea but there much much closer than people realise IMO

And De Gea is behind the worlds best in my opinion because he doesn’t deal with anything off his line, but gets the hype because he plays in the prem and for United

oblak and Neur are better IMO for a start

Reactions: DTA
That only tells part of the story. I bet that doesn't factor in completed passes that play defenders into trouble and put us under the cosh, it just shows as a 'completed pass'.

Of those you are referring too
How many have cost us goals?

I know no one here is digging out Hugo but I find some of the comments harsh. Hebisnt perfect but as many have said he is as good as we can get and if available the mega clubs would want him

I’d much rather win 5-2 than 1 nil personally

Emirates Marketing Project fans this season are massive in their praise of ederson yet their not keeping many clean sheets and he has dropped a few gonad*s. The thing is he allows them to play a more attacking way which is better for the team overall. If they had De Gea they would struggle with a pressing game as the space behind their defence would be massive

Of those you are referring too
How many have cost us goals?

I know no one here is digging out Hugo but I find some of the comments harsh. Hebisnt perfect but as many have said he is as good as we can get and if available the mega clubs would want him

I’d much rather win 5-2 than 1 nil personally

Emirates Marketing Project fans this season are massive in their praise of ederson yet their not keeping many clean sheets and he has dropped a few gonads. The thing is he allows them to play a more attacking way which is better for the team overall. If they had De Gea they would struggle with a pressing game as the space behind their defence would be massive
I think youre being harsh on Ederson, he's looked good to me and they've conceded 12 goals in 20 games in the league so he must have a fair few clean sheets....

Reactions: DTA
I think youre being harsh on Ederson, he's looked good to me and they've conceded 12 goals in 20 games in the league so he must have a fair few clean sheets....

No I mean he had been good, very good actually

And they have kept some cheap sheets like last night for example.

But at shaktar for example he had a mare

But the key is the way he plays he makes them better

I think he had been the best in the league so far too

No I mean he had been good, very good actually

And they have kept some cheap sheets like last night for example.

But at shaktar for example he had a mare

But the key is the way he plays he makes them better

I think he had been the best in the league so far too
Some cheap sheets:D

Yes the way he picks out a player with his passing is ridiculous, and very much in keeping with their ethos. I do think he's a very good keeper too....

Great post actually. Funny how we demonise some players and then exalt others. Lloris has too many flaws to be called anything close to world class. Distribution is abysmal, he is powder-puff in the air, regularly flaps at crosses and corners and is suspect to a saveable near post attempt.

However he is excellent at sweeping and this is probably the key quality a keeper in a Pochettino team needs to have. He also seems a good leader.

Curious who the better two keepers are... Jennings and Clemence?

Agree with all that and yes Jennings and Clem are the two.

I think Friedel definitely was a match winner earlier in his career, particularly at Blackburn, seem to recall a match at Highbury when they got battered and Friedel made save after save and they snatched a 2-1 win.

Freidel was a very good keeper and was underated during his time here, i was at the final in 2002 when he stopped us from winning the LG with one of the best goalkeeping performances i have seen.

He isn’t as good as De Gea but there much much closer than people realise IMO

And De Gea is behind the worlds best in my opinion because he doesn’t deal with anything off his line, but gets the hype because he plays in the prem and for United

oblak and Neur are better IMO for a start

I think De Gea deserves the hype because he is (imo) the world's best at keeping the ball out of the net. His performance for them against Arsenal recently is as good as I've ever seen a keeper play over 90 minutes, Arsenal should have put 6 past Utd quite easily.

I think De Gea deserves the hype because he is (imo) the world's best at keeping the ball out of the net. His performance for them against Arsenal recently is as good as I've ever seen a keeper play over 90 minutes, Arsenal should have put 6 past Utd quite easily.
Their best player for the last few seasons easily, IMO.

But they were all saves Which he is brilliant at and arguably the worlds best at

What he isn’t good at is commanding his area or sweeping.... their the weaknesses in his game

His performance that day reminded me of Gomes vs Arsenal at the Lane which was the best ive seen live

But people quickly forget Hugo away at Madrid this year which some sublime saves too

But they were all saves Which he is brilliant at and arguably the worlds best at

What he isn’t good at is commanding his area or sweeping.... their the weaknesses in his game

His performance that day reminded me of Gomes vs Arsenal at the Lane which was the best ive seen live

But people quickly forget Hugo away at Madrid this year which some sublime saves too

Hugo has had some excellent games this season. In general, his shot-stopping is up there with the very best keepers and there aren't many better at sweeping up and rushing out.

I actually think he's decent on crosses too, generally. He has his faults, but we won't get a better goal-keeper -- the ones that are arguably better play for bigger and better teams than us.

Hugo has had some excellent games this season. In general, his shot-stopping is up there with the very best keepers and there aren't many better at sweeping up and rushing out.

I actually think he's decent on crosses too, generally. He has his faults, but we won't get a better goal-keeper -- the ones that are arguably better play for bigger and better teams than us.

He is very good at crosses and people just remember the odd error rather than the one she deals with which is usual for a keeper

Back