• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Hahaha .. all opinions I guess, but for me
- you mean Courtois who got beaten from more than half field by Charlie Adams?
- Neur has been shakey recently
- and DeGea makes more mistakes in my opinion than Hugo
- Haven't seen enough of Oblak to comment ...

Whatever your view, easily a quality keeper who bailed us and France out at critical moments ...

Yes quality keeper and nothing wrong with being 5th best with not much between him and Oblak. All about opinions but Neur is the undoubtedly the top keeper with De Gea num 2. Courtois has two league titles in the bag at such a young age.

Hugo is the best we can get so we are lucky, but I'm just saying let's not always wear our white and blue tinted glasses and think he is perfect and better than some really top proven keepers.

I think Lloris had an excellent Euro, without any mistakes of note. No one can blame him for Portugal's goal which was well-hit and perfectly-placed beyond Lloris. Frankly, Koscleny and Sagna was directly at fault for the Portugal's goal. Sagna stupidly gave the ball direct to Portugal from the throw-in. Portugal started their attack from that and Koscleny should have stopped Eder from shooting at goal. Giroud was France's main weakness as their only striker.
Clattenberg, who had a good game overall, mistakenly booked Koscielny for handball when it actually hit Eder's arm a few minutes before. Consequently he pulled out of the tackle with Eder just before the shot for fear of getting a 2nd booking and the rest is history as they say.

Gignac was France's other striker.

Clattenberg, who had a good game overall, mistakenly booked Koscielny for handball when it actually hit Eder's arm a few minutes before. Consequently he pulled out of the tackle with Eder just before the shot for fear of getting a 2nd booking and the rest is history as they say.

i'm not sure he had that presence of mind, do you pull out of a tackle and risk a goal with only 10 minutes left in a final, surely playing out the game with 10 is less of a risk?

I'm not a great fan of Short goalkeepers, I don't say they don't have quality but they have limits. Even cassillas in his best or however you think about.

Even if Koscielny wanted to tackle Eder he couldn't. You can see from the reply he guarded the ball well and pushed him away. A well struck shot that was too good for Lloris.

i'm not sure he had that presence of mind, do you pull out of a tackle and risk a goal with only 10 minutes left in a final, surely playing out the game with 10 is less of a risk?
Not sure I agree with that. The goal was far from certain from that range, in fact it was pretty unlikely Eder would have scored from that range all things considered. I definitely believe Koscielny would have taken one for the team or at least made a more vigourous attempt to win the ball had he not had just got that yellow. Defenders certainly do think about stuff like that especially with extra time looming and the danger of the attack looked minimal really.

I also think the 2nd CB should have closed the space to Eder once he skipped past Koscielny but that's another story.

Even if Koscielny wanted to tackle Eder he couldn't. You can see from the reply he guarded the ball well and pushed him away. A well struck shot that was too good for Lloris.

Sorry disagree with that too. Eder shielded it well to be sure but there was a chance to go for the ball if Koscielny wanted to. It was a slack bit of defending all around followed by a cracking shot IMO, but the yellow card did affect things.

Any news how long Hugo is out for? Hammy is usually 3-4 weeks right? Is this the same for 'keepers? He seemed to jog off the pitch.

Any news how long Hugo is out for? Hammy is usually 3-4 weeks right? Is this the same for 'keepers? He seemed to jog off the pitch.

About 3 weeks for normal bods. Maybe 2 in an oxygen tank and with active treatment.

Was it his kicking foot? That might make a difference?

He smacked in to the goal post when the goal went in, so it might be an an impact injury?
Hamstring would not let you jog off like he did?

It depends whether it is a strain or a tear and how serious the strain or tear is. The fact that he jogged off is obviously a good sign and indicates just a minor strain. I'm predicting 2 weeks out.

I actually don't mind Vorm when he's had a bit of a run. It's the back-up mentality/starting from cold that seems to cause his clangers
I agree

Like any player its easier coming in when you know you have an real opportunity to perform (rather than 15 minutes)

I agree

Like any player its easier coming in when you know you have an real opportunity to perform (rather than 15 minutes)

But some players can do it. Cudicini or Friedel towards the end were great stand-ins. Vorm is maybe young enough to still have ambition, so perhaps worries too much about the bigger situation, rather than staying in the present of that vital 15 minutes.

But some players can do it. Cudicini or Friedel towards the end were great stand-ins. Vorm is maybe young enough to still have ambition, so perhaps worries too much about the bigger situation, rather than staying in the present of that vital 15 minutes.

Both were good keepers but very static and of the "old" mould

I think the modern keepers play very different and need games as such

Back