• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

My point was more had Sherwood said this it would have been twisted into negativity. I have no problem with what Lloris has said, just like I've had no issue with Sherwood's criticisms. Although I must say Scaramanga's point about 'we' instead of 'they' is a good point if Sherwood does indeed say that....

Nice quotes from Lloris. Essentially "we've been ****, we need to sort it out, but can't figure out why". IMHO, it's down to the manager job to translate "good in training" to "good on match day".

That's why Lloris is captain of his country. Really hope he stays with us for years.

cant see any difference really from what lloris says compared to Sherwood...refreshing honesty from both in my opinion...both will be gone come the start of next season....as long as we squeeze PSG for every penny then thats fine by me!

we cant all be lauding Hugo and then taking a dump on Sherwood...thats rank hypocrisy!!!

Im sure his teamates wont appreciate the 'giving up' comment... but F the players in my opinion they have let themselves, the club and the supporters down this season at times...and certain players who maybe have the right attitude are miles short on the quality required!

cant see any difference really from what lloris says compared to Sherwood...refreshing honesty from both in my opinion...both will be gone come the start of next season....as long as we squeeze PSG for every penny then thats fine by me!

we cant all be lauding Hugo and then taking a dump on Sherwood...thats rank hypocrisy!!!

Im sure his teamates wont appreciate the 'giving up' comment... but F the players in my opinion they have let themselves, the club and the supporters down this season at times...and certain players who maybe have the right attitude are miles short on the quality required!

When Sherwood talked about the importance of showing the right character, not giving up, fighting to the end etc early in his head coach career I think he got a lot of praise. And when there were signs that the players wouldn't collapse and would work harder Sherwood also got a lot of praise.

Hugo is now saying that "we must do better", "we must find a way to perform closer to our best more often".

Sherwood has now said stuff like "much of a muchness" and that the quality isn't there. That's not what Hugo is saying, quite the contrary. He's saying that the quality is there, but we have to find a way to produce it more often. Had that been the message from Sherwood I think the reactions from most (but not all) on here would be more positive.

it sounds to me as if loris is pointing the finger at sherwood ... like its inexplicable that no one knows.

I have a feeling lots of stories of how unhappy Spurs players were under Sherwood will come out when he's gone - just like stories are now emerging about how Moyes lost the trust of Manu players ages ago.

When Sherwood talked about the importance of showing the right character, not giving up, fighting to the end etc early in his head coach career I think he got a lot of praise. And when there were signs that the players wouldn't collapse and would work harder Sherwood also got a lot of praise.

Hugo is now saying that "we must do better", "we must find a way to perform closer to our best more often".

Sherwood has now said stuff like "much of a muchness" and that the quality isn't there. That's not what Hugo is saying, quite the contrary. He's saying that the quality is there, but we have to find a way to produce it more often. Had that been the message from Sherwood I think the reactions from most (but not all) on here would be more positive.

its all subjective to whatever the press do with the comments isnt it though? the spin.

I mean take Sandro...my understanding is that Sherwood says he needs to train better and keep training well to be picked....others seem to think hes just come out and said he's not good enough.

Dont get me wrong Hugo's french translation may have come out sweeter than Sherwoods bluntness but the message is the same from both....

Big games = Bottled it & gave up

I can imagine Hugo (been at the club 5mins) has upset alot of his teamates in the dressing room with what he has said....not that I mind.....I just find it hillarious that were all congratulating the man whilst destroying Sherwood for roughly the same message.

I expect Hugo to be at PSG next season....wont mind as long as we get top price and can bring in Begovic.

its all subjective to whatever the press do with the comments isnt it though? the spin.

I mean take Sandro...my understanding is that Sherwood says he needs to train better and keep training well to be picked....others seem to think hes just come out and said he's not good enough.

Dont get me wrong Hugo's french translation may have come out sweeter than Sherwoods bluntness but the message is the same from both....

Big games = Bottled it & gave up

I can imagine Hugo (been at the club 5mins) has upset alot of his teamates in the dressing room with what he has said....not that I mind.....I just find it hillarious that were all congratulating the man whilst destroying Sherwood for roughly the same message.

I expect Hugo to be at PSG next season....wont mind as long as we get top price and can bring in Begovic.

The quotes are the quotes, it's not all spin. And the messages aren't the same.

You might be wrong about Hugo. He's been at the club for almost two full seasons now, he seems popular, he's obviously good. He's probably had more interaction than Sherwood with most of the first team.

Like Robbo I think there's a very decent chance Hugo has a lot more respect in the dressing room than Sherwood.

The quotes are the quotes, it's not all spin. And the messages aren't the same.

You might be wrong about Hugo. He's been at the club for almost two full seasons now, he seems popular, he's obviously good. He's probably had more interaction than Sherwood with most of the first team.

Like Robbo I think there's a very decent chance Hugo has a lot more respect in the dressing room than Sherwood.

who knows but I would err on the side of you being right.

I have a feeling lots of stories of how unhappy Spurs players were under Sherwood will come out when he's gone - just like stories are now emerging about how Moyes lost the trust of Manu players ages ago.

Difference is they were showing it on the pitch. Do you really think we would have come back from a deficit so many times after Sherwood's half time team talks if he's lost the trust?

Has to be said: the players are all still very much playing hard for Sherwood. Otherwise, that 3-0 deficit at WBA would have been a walkover for the Baggies. I think Sherwood very much has got everyone's attention and respect, even if certain players don't like what he's saying.

Lloris' comments I put down to good judgement on the part of his agent. A little murmur of discontent does wonders come contract bargaining time.

who knows but I would err on the side of you being right.

Haha... ;) I would rather err on the side of me being wrong.

Has to be said: the players are all still very much playing hard for Sherwood. Otherwise, that 3-0 deficit at WBA would have been a walkover for the Baggies. I think Sherwood very much has got everyone's attention and respect, even if certain players don't like what he's saying.

Lloris' comments I put down to good judgement on the part of his agent. A little murmur of discontent does wonders come contract bargaining time.

Possibly, I'm not entirely convinced myself.

I hope you're right about Hugo and contract negotiations...

Disagree.
In fact, the players are playing purely for their own pride and job satisfaction. It's galling to think that such a poorly-prepared group can STILL spot average teams 3 goal starts and come back to draw.
It shows what this squad, with a few key additions, could do under good management.

I don't like players going public as I think it shows a lack of professionalism, but I'm willing to bet that the players are seeing Sherwood c uniting them in one way or another week ion week out and not taking a jot of responsibility, and have decided it's a bit of open season. My guess is the Sandro situation has been an Ade/AVB flashpoint in the dressing room for the squad, and whereas the squad had enough respect for AVB not to get involved, this shows they are happy to set some issues straight in the same way their fearless leader has tried to.

I hope we don't lose Lloris as he's superb IMV.

Disagree.
In fact, the players are playing purely for their own pride and job satisfaction. It's galling to think that such a poorly-prepared group can STILL spot average teams 3 goal starts and come back to draw.
It shows what this squad, with a few key additions, could do under good management.

I don't like players going public as I think it shows a lack of professionalism, but I'm willing to bet that the players are seeing Sherwood c uniting them in one way or another week ion week out and not taking a jot of responsibility, and have decided it's a bit of open season. My guess is the Sandro situation has been an Ade/AVB flashpoint in the dressing room for the squad, and whereas the squad had enough respect for AVB not to get involved, this shows they are happy to set some issues straight in the same way their fearless leader has tried to.

I hope we don't lose Lloris as he's superb IMV.

Sorry to disagree with you again Steff but this is the type of double standards I don't like. You dislike Tim for the type of guy he is and if it wasn't for that your attitude would be different. If it was with a manager you liked I guarantee you would agree mounting such a comeback demonstrated the players being beind the manager and generating a great team spirit. To just dismiss it as simply 'playing for pride' is unfair, and just shows how any positive things that happen on or off the pitch can be spun into a negative against Tim. Bar a tweet from Sandro which was hardly critical of Tim anyway, simply saying he's not selected has there been any dissent within the squad? Chadli wasn't being played earlier in the season, Tim said he would get his chance and he did there was no dissent from Chadli about him not playing just his agent talking about the WC. Paulinho, can't remember the quotes but I think a little bit of dissatisfaction about not playing...but other than that?

Come on,give the guy a break! This isn't just aimed at you Steff, but some seem to want to make stories that aren't there using their own imaginiation.....

Sorry to disagree with you again Steff but this is the type of double standards I don't like. You dislike Tim for the type of guy he is and if it wasn't for that your attitude would be different. If it was with a manager you liked I guarantee you would agree mounting such a comeback demonstrated the players being beind the manager and generating a great team spirit. To just dismiss it as simply 'playing for pride' is unfair, and just shows how any positive things that happen on or off the pitch can be spun into a negative against Tim. Bar a tweet from Sandro which was hardly critical of Tim anyway, simply saying he's not selected has there been any dissent within the squad? Chadli wasn't being played earlier in the season, Tim said he would get his chance and he did there was no dissent from Chadli about him not playing just his agent talking about the WC. Paulinho, can't remember the quotes but I think a little bit of dissatisfaction about not playing...but other than that?

Come on,give the guy a break! This isn't just aimed at you Steff, but some seem to want to make stories that aren't there using their own imaginiation.....

It's hard to disagree with the bit in bold. Except I also dislike the fact that he has not chosen to learn about our side, or utilize strengths within his squad, or even learn about himself as a manager. Even if he was the nicest man in the world, I'd find it hard to support his 'work' as a manager. Yes, you are correct. the fact I also don't care for his smug attitude does mean that my attitude would be different if, in fact, he didn't have those. I'd be far more willing to give him a break.

But that is not a double-standard mate. That is having standards. And frankly, when you manage our football club, there are standards of behavior I expect. And he has not ticked those boxes for me.

With regards to the rest of it, let me just say I will give you an apology if I am ever proven wrong. You have my word. But let's just be clear on what I saying the Lloris quotes suggest to me; that a lot of players in the dressing room don't care for the man or his methods. Time will tell.

Appreciate that the comments weren't just aimed at me mate, and can understand your POV. Just different to mine, that's all...Cheers, Steff

It's hard to disagree with the bit in bold. Except I also dislike the fact that he has not chosen to learn about our side, or utilize strengths within his squad, or even learn about himself as a manager. Even if he was the nicest man in the world, I'd find it hard to support his 'work' as a manager. Yes, you are correct. the fact I also don't care for his smug attitude does mean that my attitude would be different if, in fact, he didn't have those. I'd be far more willing to give him a break.

But that is not a double-standard mate. That is having standards. And frankly, when you manage our football club, there are standards of behavior I expect. And he has not ticked those boxes for me.

With regards to the rest of it, let me just say I will give you an apology if I am ever proven wrong. You have my word. But let's just be clear on what I saying the Lloris quotes suggest to me; that a lot of players in the dressing room don't care for the man or his methods. Time will tell.

Appreciate that the comments weren't just aimed at me mate, and can understand your POV. Just different to mine, that's all...Cheers, Steff

one of these days your gonna lose it mate!

credit to you and harry....decent debate.

As always, a good response....The bit in bold interests me, as that's an interesting take on what he said. You could well end up being correct, maybe I take things at face value too much!

Let me just clarify that I'm not saying it isn't possible a lot of the squad are dissatisfied with Tim, its a possibility at any club. I just don't like some almost stating it as fact(not you) when as of yet there is no evidence of such. Of course we will know a lot more in the summer, whether its after Tim departs or if by chance he stays the players he chooses to get rid of will no doubt have a few words to say....

As always, a good response....The bit in bold interests me, as that's an interesting take on what he said. You could well end up being correct, maybe I take things at face value too much!

Let me just clarify that I'm not saying it isn't possible a lot of the squad are dissatisfied with Tim, its a possibility at any club. I just don't like some almost stating it as fact(not you) when as of yet there is no evidence of such. Of course we will know a lot more in the summer, whether its after Tim departs or if by chance he stays the players he chooses to get rid of will no doubt have a few words to say....

Fair play mate…TBH I hope I'm wrong.

Nice quotes from Lloris. Essentially "we've been ****, we need to sort it out, but can't figure out why". IMHO, it's down to the manager job to translate "good in training" to "good on match day".

That's why Lloris is captain of his country. Really hope he stays with us for years.

Strange thing is Lloris is captain of France but dont get the same recognition at Spurs. Instead Sherwood has made Kaboul the captain despite not playing much for either France or Spurs.

Back