• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

you have to wonder what the **** we are playing at, surely we have coaches able to train him to kick a ball properly

Could possibly have stopped Suarez from making 2-0, but it was a good finish.
3-0 he could have stopped too, but that was also a good finish and his view was blocked, so I don't blame him.

On a better day he would have saved these two shots. I don't blame him for any of the goals though. First was impossible to predict. Fourth will always be very, very difficult for a keeper to save. Ridiculous that we let it bounce through the box like that - whenever we try something similar, it's always cleared.

1st - Yeh well, one of those things I guess..
2nd - Dawson should have brought him down regardless tbh, may have been straight red or maybe lucky and just yellow but for sure should have brought him down. Good finish and not much chance to stop really.
3rd - Where the feck is the pressure from the midfield/defence but a little unsighted
4t - Yeh, just one of those things as well..

Arguably could have narrowed the angle better for the 2nd and probably disappointed not to have got a hand on the 3rd, but not much he could have done with the other two and we shouldn't have been in the position of relying on him to save any of them.

Arguably could have narrowed the angle better for the 2nd and probably disappointed not to have got a hand on the 3rd, but not much he could have done with the other two and we shouldn't have been in the position of relying on him to save any of them.

My view is it would have been brilliant saves if he got to either of them, nothing he should be blamed for.

As Mudshark said, if we're trying to lay the blame at Hugo's feet (hands? :-k) then we really are clutching at straws.

He could have done better. Peter Bonnetti once said that even if its a great goal you still feel you could have got to it. :lol: Even so, if Pool had needed to score 4 more, they would have. Now, Hugo's kicking? I have no idea. It's apparently a lot harder to fix than I figured. :-k

He could have done better. Peter Bonnetti once said that even if its a great goal you still feel you could have got to it. :lol: Even so, if Pool had needed to score 4 more, they would have. Now, Hugo's kicking? I have no idea. It's apparently a lot harder to fix than I figured. :-k

I've never understood how professional goal-keepers can be even remotely bad at kicking. If you think about the amount of times they must have actually taken a goal kick or kicked a ball from their hands since they were probably about 13 years old, yet loads of them still seem to be sh*t at it!

i really wouldnt mind if we took some oil millions for Lloris and signed Begovic......Hugo is a nice bloke, is a very quick sweeper keeper, but he cannot kick the ball and is not the most reliable shot stopper. If he stays its fine but if he goes I not too fussed

i really wouldnt mind if we took some oil millions for Lloris and signed Begovic......Hugo is a nice bloke, is a very quick sweeper keeper, but he cannot kick the ball and is not the most reliable shot stopper. If he stays its fine but if he goes I not too fussed

I think you are massively underestimating Lloris.

He's very good, comes through opposition to get the ball, kills a lot of threats before they happen, he's decisive (almost never gets stuck in between decisions), no idea where you think he's not a shot stopper comes from.

Honestly isn't a keeper in the PL I would swap him for.

Our only saving grace is that the top/money clubs are all generally happy with their keepers. There's only really PSG(should they consider Hugo an upgrade) and Monaco(who Hugo said he wouldn't join) that might be possible.

Our only saving grace is that the top/money clubs are all generally happy with their keepers. There's only really PSG(should they consider Hugo an upgrade) and Monaco(who Hugo said he wouldn't join) that might be possible.
Thought I heard somewhere that Real Madrid(!) were rumored to be interested in Bergovic (which if nothing else, rubber stamps his abilities/reputation).

Hugo has been one of the few senior players to not disappoint in recent months but distribution remains his Achilles heel, pretty much a coin flip as to whether Lloris' found a team mate this season :-s

Last edited:
Distribution can't be entirely his fault. If our defenders/DM (what's one of those?) are doing their jobs properly then the longest pass he usually has to make us about 5-10 yards.

If he's being forced to hoof it to Soldado/Lennon/Rose then I'd expect it to be terrible.

yes there has to be an open receiver, but his mid and long range passing is still **** poor

we are a professional football club, with football coaches, yet after nearly 2 years we haven't managed to coach the guy to kick a football properly

The talent of every corner kick taker and free kick taker that we sign regresses over a couple of years, I'd be surprised if that didn't also apply to goal kick takers. :(

What a save =D>

@SpursFinest: VINE - Lloris denies Rodallega with a brilliant save. #THFC https://vine.co/v/M1jXnXK3j7u

[tweet]457513213148811265[/tweet]

@ESPNFC: Photo of the Day: Hugo Lloris' amazing save on a Rodallega header pic.twitter.com/TJqy5UGHq9
BllwSKECEAEaSUB.jpg

Back