• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

he played well today, but I'd have been pretty disappointed if that header had gone in, it wasn't in the corner and it was quite a long way out

Has anyone else noticed his unique shot stopping style?
He stops the ball with his and clenches his immediately afterwards. Almost like he paws at it.

I'm actually very impressed with the stuff Lloris says in his latest interview. He doesn't mince his words; admits we've been disappointing this season and says we need to do better. But there's not even a hint of wanting to leave. In fact he goes out of his way to say he fully intends to stay.

Of course, ultimately that'll be meaningless if PSG or Barcelona or Emirates Marketing Project offer to treble his wages. But it's nice to see that he's at least not actively angling for a move.

Agree with every word he says. Don't care if his team mates are left ****ed off by this just as long as he stays at the club, been our best player this season and is by far the best goal keeper we've had whilst I've been a fan. Safe hands.

Hugo Lloris criticises Tottenham's lack of character
and says they couldn't do much worse

Apr 23, 2014 22:30
By Darren Lewis

The French goalkeeper says he just wants to see his team-mates show competitive spirit on the pitch

Hugo Lloris has delivered a damning end-of-term report on his Spurs side after yet another failed assault on the top four.

The French no.1 keeper - coveted by several Champions League clubs - feels his team have waved the white flag too easily this season. He also believes they have lacked character and shot themselves in the foot on far too many occasions.

Tottenham have taken just one point off the teams currently in the top four. Lloris is demanding an improvement after his side’s humiliation at the hands of Liverpool - who finished below them last season - Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project.

Asked if he could see signs of improvement ahead of next term, he said: “It will be difficult to do worse! Especially against the top four or five teams.

“We have had a lot of bad defeats. This season there has sometimes been the feeling that we have given up. We can’t allow this kind of behaviour.

“We have to show more character. We did it in other games. But we have to keep our mentality in every game at the best level because in this league you have to be 100 per cent every time you play.”

Despite a £100million transfer blitz last summer, Spurs were beaten 6-0 away by City and 5-0 at home to Liverpool during the first half of the season. Those embarrassments led to Andre Villas Boas being sacked in December.

Under Tim Sherwood Spurs have been crushed 5-1 at home by City, 4-0 at Chelsea and 4-0 at Liverpool. Sherwood will also be replaced when the season is over.

Lloris won the Man of the Match champagne for a string of fine saves in last Saturday’s 3-1 win over Fulham, but the former Lyon stopper has suggested even THAT accolade had come because he team-mates were not pulling their weight.

He said: “It is always a pleasure to receive that kind of thing but if the goalkeeper is Man of the Match then it means the team didn’t do the job properly.

“I’m a competitor and I try always to do my best for the team. I want to see my team-mates do the same.

“It’s strange because we have a feeling that we can play at a very high level. But we can also play at a very bad level during the same game. It has put us in trouble a lot of times this season.”

Last week a defensive shambles from Spurs gave West Brom a 3-0 start before the north Londoners fought back for a point.

Against third-from-bottom Fulham, switched off yet again to allow Steve Sidwell to score - 90 seconds after Paulinho had put them ahead.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ticises-tottenhams-lack-3447220#ixzz2zkV3bLdV

Looks like he has taken Sherwood's words to heart and decided that he will be the one to tell people they are playing ****.

Hugo has pulled of a difficult trick there: criticising without sounding bitter, negative or classless. Good job from him.

I thought this line was interesting:

“It’s strange because we have a feeling that we can play at a very high level. But we can also play at a very bad level during the same game. It has put us in trouble a lot of times this season.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ticises-tottenhams-lack-3447220#ixzz2zkizwFQ0

That sounds to me like the squad actually believes in itself - like they come off training confident, but then something goes wrong in the match and confidence drains away, and they don't understand why ("strange" as Hugo says). That does have the ring of truth to it to me - the players seemed very together in their goal celebrations at the weekend, and in fairness most of the season. I'd imagine there is tonnes of quality on display in training. We're just missing that confidence and consistency.

The difference for me would likely be if Sherwood were saying this he'd probably be having a chuckle as he said it, or be a bit more frank and direct in his criticism.

If it comes down to it I would rather we keep loris than TS.

Somehow I doubt Sherwood would have worded himself quite as eloquently.

Unlike Lloris it would have been more a direct criticism of the players or individual players.

Hugo's criticism can bee seen as caused by a problem with the manager. Sherwood wouldn't have worded himself like that at all.

If Sherwood said this I don't think it would be viewed as 'constructive criticism' somehow.....

Difference is, Lloris didn't casually **** off Sandro, refuse to accept any blame for bad performances and then make fun of Lamela before talking like this. Sherwood has a deeply unpleasant history, which Lloris (thankfully) does not have, which allows us to give him the benefit of the doubt as to his intentions.

Unlike Lloris it would have been more a direct criticism of the players or individual players.

Hugo's criticism can bee seen as caused by a problem with the manager. Sherwood wouldn't have worded himself like that at all.

Difference is, Lloris didn't casually **** off Sandro, refuse to accept any blame for bad performances and then make fun of Lamela before talking like this. Sherwood has a deeply unpleasant history, which Lloris (thankfully) does not have, which allows us to give him the benefit of the doubt as to his intentions.

Quite. Not forgetting, of course, that Lloris is one of those who at times has underperformed. He's able to say we weren't good enough, rather than they weren't good enough - a massive difference.

Back