• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone scored!

Don't think it is... Basically, i'm not saying it's wrong for anyone (footballers included) to support a charity and encourage others to donate. I'm saying the way it's written there, along with the "target sum" he makes in 2-3 weeks, it's just inappropriate and awkward.

Last edited:
Don't think it is... Basically, i'm not saying it's wrong for anyone (footballers included) to support a charity and encourage others to donate. I'm saying the way it's written there, along with the "target sum" he makes in 2-3 weeks, it's just inappropriate and akward.

Do you seriously think he isn't going to contribute a significant amount himself though? He's clearly not said 'ok general public, I'm going to grow my hair, if you could supply the money that would be great.'

Don't think it is... Basically, i'm not saying it's wrong for anyone (footballers included) to support a charity and encourage others to donate. I'm saying the way it's written there, along with the "target sum" he makes in 2-3 weeks, it's just inappropriate and akward.

Yup, just like Wheelchair promising to give 5K to charity if Spurs finish above Arsenal. He makes that in half a day or less.

No it isn't Yid made a good point. I remember Huddlestone use to get proper slated by you lot when he played for us and now everyone here is lauding him, what a joke!

Hang on - 'you lot'? If you want to look back you will see how much I thought we should have kept him. He was our 'pivot' exactly the way Hull are using him now - admittedly I dont watch much football so havent seen much of him at Hull. He is someone who I was desperate for us to keep but no no no - he was too slow too immobile. He split opinion so dont go saying 'you lot' please.

In keeping with Yid's post... of course it is silly. Yid is assuming that Hudd doesnt give any money to charity which is, im sure, totally not the case. Everyone does charity raising activities and this is raising awareness and the more people that know about it resulting in more money. Where does it stop if all we do is expect footballers to give ALL their money. Say Thudd does give the 12k, then what? he can give 24k? 48k? so should other people not give money to charities? of course not.

Apologies if it initially came across as harsh - Yid.

Do you seriously think he isn't going to contribute a significant amount himself though? He's clearly not said 'ok general public, I'm going to grow my hair, if you could supply the money that would be great.'

I have absolutely no idea, but since he has not come out and say something like that (that he's going to donate a lot of his own money) in all the time he's doing the whole huddlefro thing, which is since.. 2011, I think it's hard to assume he is doing that.

If he had come out and said he's doubling whatever the public donates or something like that I would have looked at it in a different way, but he didn't say that.

Last edited:
I have absolutely no idea, but since he has not come out and say something like that (that he's going to donate a lot of his own money) in all the time he's doing the whole huddlefro thing, which is since.. 2011, I think it's hard to assume he is doing that.

Most people don't discuss their charitable donations, it's crass.

No it isn't Yid made a good point. I remember Huddlestone use to get proper slated by you lot when he played for us and now everyone here is lauding him, what a joke!

I've never understood this kind of argument.

You lot? Was the board decision on Huddlestone unanimous? Did everyone want to sell him and think he was ****? Clearly not.

So what are the chances that the exact same posters who rated Huddlestone highly just 6 months ago....are the exact same posters lauding him now?

It is said so often on this board and it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It assumes either a prior unanimous opinion or a knowledge of the opinions of all those posters, both past and present.

Anyway, I do assume that Huddlestone will be donating some himself.

I do hope however that his footballer friends have a different account to donate to otherwise it is a shocking effort from them, considering some of the footballers he must know.

Anyway, I do assume that Huddlestone will be donating some himself.

I do hope however that his footballer friends have a different account to donate to otherwise it is a shocking effort from them, considering some of the footballers he must know.

Dont forget Hoot, footballers do donate - I would go as far as to say they do a great deal of charity work too.

We only hear and read the media stories but they rarely communicate and report on the good things that footballers do. Some also have 'their own' charities which they donate masses of money too often so I wouldnt also expect them to donate 10k on top of what they give on an annual basis to their own charities.

I give 10% of my gross annual salary to charities at the end of the year but when people ask me throughout the year I wont give much if any, because I feel I give a fair bit as it is.

If he had come out and said he's doubling whatever the public donates or something like that I would have looked at it in a different way, but he didn't say that.

Ok we don't know for 100% definite because he hasn't come out and confirmed exactly what he will be giving, but out of 2 options - what do you think is more likely?

A: He isn't giving anything at all. He has asked the public to donate and his only effort to help is growing his hair.

B: He is donating money but hasn't said exactly how much. He is growing his hair to drive awareness of the charity and his specific initiative, and exploiting his prominent position as an elite footballer in this country. He has set up a Just Giving page to work with current trends in social media that allow members of the public to donate quickly and easily.

We can't confirm either A or B, but B just makes so much more sense. I'd bet my house that what is actually happening is B.

0cbFp.gif

Hang on - 'you lot'? If you want to look back you will see how much I thought we should have kept him. He was our 'pivot' exactly the way Hull are using him now - admittedly I dont watch much football so havent seen much of him at Hull. He is someone who I was desperate for us to keep but no no no - he was too slow too immobile. He split opinion so dont go saying 'you lot' please.

In keeping with Yid's post... of course it is silly. Yid is assuming that Hudd doesnt give any money to charity which is, im sure, totally not the case. Everyone does charity raising activities and this is raising awareness and the more people that know about it resulting in more money. Where does it stop if all we do is expect footballers to give ALL their money. Say Thudd does give the 12k, then what? he can give 24k? 48k? so should other people not give money to charities? of course not.

Apologies if it initially came across as harsh - Yid.

I've never understood this kind of argument.

You lot? Was the board decision on Huddlestone unanimous? Did everyone want to sell him and think he was ****? Clearly not.

So what are the chances that the exact same posters who rated Huddlestone highly just 6 months ago....are the exact same posters lauding him now?

It is said so often on this board and it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It assumes either a prior unanimous opinion or a knowledge of the opinions of all those posters, both past and present.
Fair enough. Can't argue with that. I just remember the fans being critical of Hudd.

Poor form. Should be using his profile to punch DJs and harass taxi drivers like proper footballers.

Think I will have to catch MOTD, must be one the first 2 games on, surely.

Just as a matter of interest, how did the Everton and Chelsea one goal matches get on before our 1-1 draw on Boxing Day?

Back