• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

HOPE

Chelsea home and hosed before they play us on May 8 , so saving themselves for the Europa Cup.

Just because Chelsea sleepwalked to a victory over a joke Fulham side playing a stupid 442 doesnt mean they're gonna get results away to United and Liverpool and home to us and Everton.

Just because Chelsea sleepwalked to a victory over a joke Fulham side playing a stupid 442 doesnt mean they're gonna get results away to United and Liverpool and home to us and Everton.

Just like they didn't get results away to Barca and Bayern last year. I would love to be positive but experience and history have driven me to lower my expectations.

Just like they didn't get results away to Barca and Bayern last year. I would love to be positive but experience and history have driven me to lower my expectations.

Experience and history...........

.......last season, we finished 4th and Chelsea finished 6th.

Everything is possible.

We fell short of what we should have achieved last season, so i can see why some would use that as a reason to be negative going in to the final run in - history repeating and all that

But at the moment we're on course to finish where we should, imv, with the team/squad (5th) yet still have an opportunity to finish higher. - last season had we finished 3rd (where we should have) i would have been happy and wouldn't have spent my time tinkling and moaning that we 'blew' 2nd or worying that it wouldn't happen.

If people were a bit more realistic of the shift in our overall quality/inbalance and that of our rivals then maybe they'd be more content/hopeful with the run in than they are nevative/worrying

In short, 4th would be a bonus this season - a bonus we can still get. But missing out would not make the season a failure (imv)

Last edited:
We fell short of what we should have achieved last season, so i can see why some would use that as a reason to be negative going in to the final run in - history repeating and all that

But at the moment we're on course to finish where we should, imv, with the team/squad (5th) yet still have an opportunity to finish higher. - last season had we finished 3rd (where we should have) i would have been happy and wouldn't have spent my time tinkling and moaning that we 'blew' 2nd or worying that it wouldn't happen.

If people were a bit more realistic of the shift in our overall quality/inbalance and that of our rivals then maybe they'd be more content/hopeful with the run in than they are nevative/worrying

In short, 4th would be a bonus this season - a bonus we can still get. But missing out would not make the season a failure (imv)

I tend to agree with this.

Problem is, we don't finish top 4 now, and the press are going to have a field day with us. Along with the Goons and Chelsea lot. None of them will think along the same lines as you.

And just one win will guarantee that we finish ahead of Liverpool for the 4th season running.

you thinking we should have finished third because we had the 3rd best team is where the problem lies. we didnt have the third best team last season..at least not IMO

we over achieved last season for that purple patch, just cause we got taken so high doesnt mean that is where we should have finished. much like this season

no offense intended but i feel that your comments either because you fit in with the people that slag off the team cause it balances out towards the end of the season, at least if you moaned last season thats where you would be..or maybe also cause you didnt like the manager last season

this team should have been in and around the top 5 and top 6

last season's team should have been in and around top 4 and top 5, that team went through a record mounting period last season and took us so high we started imagining the unimaginable.....just cause we fell down hard doesnt change the target of the season IMO..just likie this year.

Last edited:
you thinking we should have finished third because we had the 3rd best team is where the problem lies. we didnt have the third best team last season..at least not IMO

we over achieved last season for that purple patch, just cause we got taken so high doesnt mean that is where we should have finished. much like this season

no offense intended but i feel that your comments either because you fit in with the people that slag off the team cause it balances out towards the end of the season, at least if you moaned last season thats where you would be..or maybe also cause you didnt like the manager last season

this team should have been in and around the top 5 and top 6

last season's team should have been in and around top 4 and top 5, that team went through a record mounting period last season and took us so high we started imagining the unimaginable.....just cause we fell down hard doesnt change the target of the season IMO..just likie this year.

It is very difficult to separate ability as a team in a game of football, the mentality required to see out a season, and the influence of those who aren't on the pitch - coaches, other players and most importantly the manager.

I think the differences in actual ability - the best possible performance on an ideal day - are negligible between us, Chelsea and Arsenal. They aren't worth discussing really because it isn't clear who comes out on top, although I can definitely understand why people think we had the third/fourth/fifth/sixth best squad last season.

What seems more important to us is the mental aspect, and the influence of those outside of the pitch. Last year we completely capitulated and I think that was down to a combination of Arsenal being more used to seeing out a season and getting 4th place or higher, and Redknapp's poor management of the team in terms of rotation, substitutions and tactical approach in general.

What I'm saying is that with our squad's ability there is no doubt we deserve to be in the argument for CL football, what will decide it (and what did decide it last year) will be the mentality of the squad and the capabilities of the other staff at the club.

Back