• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

HOPE

they drew against a top 6/ top 5 team. Nothings changed....in the schedule this is where they were going to drop points most likely as everton have quite a bit fo play for

hope will come if we beat city

And therein lies the rub, I have no faith in this current Spurs side beating City, none at all

First time I could look at the table in a month. Everton are really up there. Think us, them and Chelsea will battle for fourth with Arse third.

they drew against a top 6/ top 5 team. Nothings changed....in the schedule this is where they were going to drop points most likely as everton have quite a bit fo play for

hope will come if we beat city

We need 12 points from 6 games.
We don't need to beat City.

But beating City would give us some wiggle room in the other games.

Indeed, it would take a little pressure off one of the 4 games we are targetting for 3pts, plus it would really put pressure on the other teams, especially if we could back it up with a win at Wigan, before Cheslea and Arsenal play their next League games

This is as divisive as the threads filled with negativity.

This is getting tiring, but for once I'd like our growing (and increasingly divided) sections of 'optimistic' and 'pessimistic' fans to come to an agreement on what exactly support means.

Because between the optimists going around like crusaders painting anyone not sharing the same blind belief in the team and the club as 'unworthy', and the pessimists throwing around words like 'deluded', 'mindless' and '*%&*', it's getting increasingly hard for a bewildered 'middle-ground' fan to decide what to make of it all.

caring

If last season never happened -hence we had a medicore season, I reckon alot more on here would be positive. Its the recent history that is fuelling this negativity.

This is as divisive as the threads filled with negativity.

This is getting tiring, but for once I'd like our growing (and increasingly divided) sections of 'optimistic' and 'pessimistic' fans to come to an agreement on what exactly support means.

Because between the optimists going around like crusaders painting anyone not sharing the same blind belief in the team and the club as 'unworthy', and the pessimists throwing around words like 'deluded', 'mindless' and '*%&*', it's getting increasingly hard for a bewildered 'middle-ground' fan to decide what to make of it all.

Dubai - you're normally a thoughtful poster and I enjoy reading what you have to say.

But you couldn't possibly be more wrong about this thread. I have to tell you that the only divisiveness here is emanating from you.

Take a look at the OP's first post....

"HOPE. Beautiful word, isn't it.....COYS".

That's all. Nothing more. No criticism of anyone. No trolling. Nothing contentious.

It was a simple and honest response to Arsenal's draw with Everton. Reading anything more into it than that is just looking for argument where it doesn't exist. No need.

I was just thinking of this movie and the opposing views of the two main characters, Red and Andy.

Red's Pessimistic view that hope will raise your spirits and give you belief and then ultimately leave you disappointed and devastated. Hope is therefore a dangerous thing.
Andys optimistic view is that without hope there is nothing. Hope keeps you alive and ultimately, with hope,what you wish for can come true.

I have taken Reds view all along, i tried not to hope or have any expecatation so as to avoid being disappointed again.

You know what, i will try and be like Andy from now on. I actually believe Martin Jol and Fulham will do us a favour and get at least a draw on Saturday and possibly Wednesday too.
Even if we lose to City,i think we will still have a chance.

Ultimately i don't know if we will have enough but i hope we will. I hope the end of season table is the same as i saw it in my dreams......i hope [-o<

Great film. Great post!

See, I don't mind compromise. If both sides agree to call her a ****, that's fine by me too. :)

In all seriousness, come on Steff. We don't need this stigmatization of the opposing side, not at this stage of the season. A whole lot of people use GG as a sort of group therapy anyway, and the last thing you need at Alcoholics Anonymous for example, is someone calling everyone new 'boozy ****s' and saying they don't deserve to be a teetotaler because they're depressed about their chances of quitting.

Constructive action is (rather sadly) the preserve of the optimists. You have a responsibility to try to life people out of their morass of doubt and negativity, and that isn't done by indirectly criticising those who don't believe as strongly as you do.

Psychology is tough, I know. But it's the way we are. Forging unity is always much harder than it looks on paper. It's why it was so difficult for Attlee, Bevan and the working class to build the welfare state: it took two world wars and a global economic crash in between before the aristocratic right-wing tendencies in British politics were swept away, taking the most successful war-time prime minister this country's ever had with them. But it's ludicrously easy to divide people again, as Thatcher proved by appealing to enough people's self-interests to make the fates of those who felt the brunt of her policies completely irrelevant.

Start by reconciling. Please. We don't need this brick now.

You're right. We don't need this brick now.

So stop starting it!

Dubai - you're normally a thoughtful poster and I enjoy reading what you have to say.

But you couldn't possibly be more wrong about this thread. I have to tell you that the only divisiveness here is emanating from you.

That's all. Nothing more. No criticism of anyone. No trolling. Nothing contentious.

It was a simple and honest response to Arsenal's draw with Everton. Reading anything more into it than that is just looking for argument where it doesn't exist. No need.

Thanks Jimmyb thats all it was - and I didnt want a thread on arsenal either - just wanted to see if other spurs fans felt the same cause this felt like something positive for the club I love SPURS!

If nothing else the goons everton result put us back in control of our own destiny, however hard it may look on paper, win all our remaining games and we get CL place.

That's what AVB should be drumming into the players, forget what's happened this is the time to stand up and be counted. This is no time for hope from the players, its a time to put aside our recent troubles, wipe from our memories last seasons ending form.

Now is the time for each and everyone of our squad to dig deep and look for that fire in their bellies. Our club motto is to dare is to do, well I say I bloody well dare and we will bloody well will do.

This is the time when legends are made. History is written by the winners, well lads let's start making history. The big clubs have had it their own way far too long, its time the mighty lillywhites rose again.

If we work together, fight together, for each other, for every inch and blade of grass, we can achieve anything and everything.

Come on lads let's shove it up them all!

COYS

Perhaps, but as I said, I'm not talking about Nigeyman. I'm talking about differentiating between eternal optimists and 'wrist-slitty' people, which you cannot deny has been taking place on this board, and indeed on this thread.

If true support is caring, then we all have ways of dealing with the hurt that caring brings. Why prioritise one side over another?

Nigeyman's original post is fine by me. It's the inevitable pro-anti divide that follows that annoys me.

Back