• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Heurleho Gomes "takes a swipe" at Spurs

Gomes was arguably the best keeper in the league for one season. The worst keeper the following season unfortunately. I think we wrote him off too early to be honest but the keepers we have had since were all good choices.

What tinkled me off was his constant playing to the gallery, by carrying on that he had been severely hurt, when the tiniest thing had happened. It used to drive me spare, one of the few players from Spurs who I screamed blue murder at through the T.V. He would take a little knock, or maybe even no knock, usually just after a good save and then stay down for 5 minutes. The problem was, this often happened right in a good spell for the team and the break usually broke all our momentum. He was a play acting clown shoe. Probably why PSV let him go in the first place.

yeah, probably that, and partly the massive fee we paid for him which was an eredivise record for a keeper ;-)

Not sure if the source is reputable, but all the same…

http://footyaccumulators.com/heurelho-gomes-warns-players-not-to-sign-for-tottenham/

Heurelho Gomes warns players not to sign for Tottenham:

Ex- Tottenham goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes has spoken out about his time at Spurs and has warned any player that is considering joining the club, to perhaps think twice. In an interview with ESPN Brazil this week, the (now) Watford number 1 stated that his former club Tottenham, ruins careers. He gave reference to some of their current players as he stated that Paulinho, Eric Lamela and Roberto Soldado have all struggled since joining and that they should be better players than they currently are. Gomes said “It’s the club. Certainly, I would not recommend to anyone.

“They paid 28 million pounds for Soldado, and they don’t play him. Or look Lamela, who was a great promise in Europe, but today you watch Tottenham games and he looks like he can’t play football at all.”

This statement definitely heats things up for when his current club Watford (who won promotion to the Premier League this season) face Spurs in the league next season.

Will Gomes’ prove to be right? We will have to wait and see!

No surprise he cites fellow South Americans there, though he conveniently forgets to mention the career platforms we've provided for Harry Kane, Danny Rose, Eric Dier and in recent years Bale and Modric!!

Right, that's it, he can no longer shag my wife.

On a serious note, bit excessive considering how many chances we gave him after so many f*** ups.

Actually hope he gets boo'ed now and has a mare at the Lane.

/Yeah it's a shame as he was pretty much guaranteed a good reception back at the Lane. No need to throw his oar in there but obvs felt now he's "back in the big time" he'd make his feelings known!!

I don't believe it true, he tweeted back in March wishing the team well, also tweeted ~own the arch for Spurs, if he was so against us he didn't have to tweet anything back then.

I think the press targeting him to an extent and his apparent fragile mindset - probably wasn't a match made in heaven either.

Hope when we play them, we revert to regular wing play and just dump crosses into the box and watch him flap ...

I have no time for people who put money before playing.

Being two rows behind his "keeping" at Fulham I honestly have no idea how he can complain about be ditched?

How many other keepers have a 5 minute you tube clip of fudge ups that don't include them all

I have no time for people who put money before playing.

Being two rows behind his "keeping" at Fulham I honestly have no idea how he can complain about be ditched?

How many other keepers have a 5 minute you tube clip of fudge ups that don't include them all

Didn't he claim he wanted to move rather than be third choice but we wouldn't let him?

Back