• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Heurleho Gomes "takes a swipe" at Spurs

Daniel tell you that did he?

Sorry but I've seen enough Levy to know he is a shrewd investor. You pay full and premium price for all his players, but if the player wants out enough they can get their move. If Gomes takes a hit of £10k a year on a four year contract that's £2m right there.

This.

If Gomes really wanted to go when Brad and Hugo came in he could have sorted it out. Even if he had to subsidise his move with lower wages so the buying club could afford the fee we were asking or he could have made a right pain of himself so we wanted rid and reduced the fee.

On his day he was probably one of the best keepers I've seen at the lane, unfortunately he was a bit bipolar in that he would be amazing one day and a liability the next, you can't have the in a keeper so we were right to replace him. Good luck to him from here on.

Daniel tell you that did he?

Sorry but I've seen enough Levy to know he is a shrewd investor. You pay full and premium price for all his players, but if the player wants out enough they can get their move. If Gomes takes a hit of £10k a year on a four year contract that's £2m right there.

Of course not, I like everyone else here can only go by what the player says. But like you say Levy is shrewd and you could well be correct that he would have been prepared to take a hit on him and release him for nothing....

Of course not, I like everyone else here can only go by what the player says. But like you say Levy is shrewd and you could well be correct that he would have been prepared to take a hit on him and release him for nothing....

Thinking about it, it probably didn't help Gomes that he was a nice guy. I mean, you read stuff about him, interviews, and he seems like a good hearted fella. He was a senior pro at the club but a more arrogant and nasty guy would have made himself unbearable at the club to a point where they would want to get the poison out. A different player and you are prepared to take a bigger hit - Adebayor at City a prime example.

I reckon he probably still played a role at the club, even if not a significant one. A senior pro who is cooperative about being out of the side would keep the younger players in check. He may well have been a welcome ally for Sandro and Paulinho, maybe even helping his signing. And I can't think of a better third choice keeper at any Premier League club over the past two seasons, which put pressure at least on the number 2 if not Lloris. I doubt if it was cost effective keeping him out of the side, but I think we still had some return for it.

didn't see it but from what i've read he had a comfortable day, couple of routine saves in a game they won at a canter

i can't remember what game it was but he saved a penalty, spilled the ball then fouled the attacking player, giving away another penalty - which was then scored. that passage of play summed Gomes up perfectly :lol:

Anyone who listens to the Spurs Show podcast will remember Paul Hawksbee describing his behaviour in that game as like a kid getting too excited at a party and "throwing up on the bouncy castle" :lol: :ross: be pleased but be professional, don't go charging around like a nutter.

i can't remember what game it was but he saved a penalty, spilled the ball then fouled the attacking player, giving away another penalty - which was then scored. that passage of play summed Gomes up perfectly :lol:

That was against Blackpool, I remember that game. Paul Hawksbee described him as like a child who gets too excited at a children's party throws up on the bouncy caste.

he was dreadful.

gomes-cry.gif

what a *****

No he wasn't. He was excellent on his day, say Harry threw him to the psych wolves.

What I remember the most about that passage of play is that as he came to claim the ball, his own defender crashed into him, forcing him into the striker. I cannot remember the defender in question, I do remember that it was someone who was far far from a regular. I remember thinking there had been a massive miscommunication due to unfamiliarity but knowing that he would get absolutely pilloried for it. He did lack the ability to be calm at those moments, that must be said.

was at the amex yesterday for watford v brighton. He did ok but then our Brightons attack is cack this season. He does come a long way off his line.

Blackpool at home in April 2011. Couldn't believe what I was seeing!

I remember his penalty save in the last minute vs Chelsea (having just conceded the penalty himself.) That was a huge save.
If IRC he saved 2 out of 3 penalties in a game vs Sunderland I think. (Giving away 3 penalties in one game is just unbelievable!!!)
He was a bit of a wimp though. This one is just hilarious!
ibecUQuignsdNF.gif

Last edited:
he was one of those players who played on confidence, when that one went in thru his legs, he just lost it and wasn't the same again

Back