• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

624387042.0.jpeg

I just love this picture

I was watching extended coverage after the game and just about every one of our players congratulated mr Tiddly Winks and then he was also mobbed by our "support" staff before he went into the tunnel. In today's moneyfied world of millionaire players, this was so great to see and of course, like our other harry, he is genuinely "one of our own".

It's one thing to be impressed early in a player's career by physical attributes. They used to be unique specimens. Now, the science of sport is making strong, fast, durable young players a routine commodity for any big club's academy.

What will separate the great from the ordinary is speed of thought. Today, we saw a lively mind with all the physical tools to properly deliver what Harry Winks envisions or anticipates. He reads the game well. It gives his game a great deal of sustainability.

And now, his confidence just rocketed. I think there's much more to come from him.

Thing that impressed me about him is end of last year before the season ended he had the body of a 12 year old girl, It's obvious he spent the Summer bulking up.

I don't think he got pushed off the ball once yesterday despite being short.

Our best man yesterday by far. Looked quick and lively throughout, as opposed to most of our other players, and showed grit and determination unlike many others. Great display. So happy for the lad. That celebration is one to remember. :)

Rose was our best man for me, but Winks dwas one of out top few.
Great positioning, hardworking and displayed a maturity beyond his age.
Something striking to me is his awareness of the play around him. Once he gains confidence I can imagine him in the role of supplying early balls to the strikers.

Rose was our best man for me, but Winks dwas one of out top few.
Great positioning, hardworking and displayed a maturity beyond his age.
Something striking to me is his awareness of the play around him. Once he gains confidence I can imagine him in the role of supplying early balls to the strikers.

For me our full backs were poor. Rose look kanckered although got better as the game went on

I think we need a new chant, to the tune of Hari Krishna

Harry, Harry,..Harry Harry
We've got two Harrys

I'll get my coat!

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...ue-start-and-goal-spurs-3-2-west-ham-191116/?

Harry: “It went completely quiet and I just thought I had to tap it in. That is one moment in my life I can never repeat. I can’t explain it, being a Spurs fan as well, scoring the equaliser against West Ham, it was brilliant. I could have kept running. I had a burst of energy and saw my family at the top (of the stand) as well and pointed to them. It was unbelievable.”

Harry ran straight over to the bench for an embrace with Mauricio Pochettino after scoring. “He’s given me my chance and put me into the first team. That was a ‘thank-you’ to him for everything he’s done for me.”

Great full league debut. Upped his game further after the goal as he grew in confidence, hopefully that's a sign of what's to come when he's more settled in the side with even more confidence.

Fantastic celebration. You can tell he just knows this wouldn't have been possible if not for Pochettino.

What next for him? :)

Back