• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Then he needs to play him far more and that is not going to happen so as I said 'between a rock and ........'

I think he's already ahead of Sissoko in the pecking order for CM. With Dier at CB at the moment, he should be first alternative to Wanyama and Dembele.

He seems to be one of Poch's favoured subs at the minute, so he's being eased in.

Then he needs to play him far more and that is not going to happen so as I said 'between a rock and ........'

Got almost half an hour against Leverkusen when we were desperate for a goal. Shows some level of trust in him from Pochettino.

He's still only 20, and as a deeper, not really goal scoring, playmaker type he's still very young. How many games of PL football would Dembele have gotten in a team of our quality in that role at that age do you think?

A lot to be learned from game time in the league. But also a lot to be learned day in day out in the training ground. it seems that Pochettino has a plan with him, let's see how it pans out.

I think he's already ahead of Sissoko in the pecking order for CM. With Dier at CB at the moment, he should be first alternative to Wanyama and Dembele.

He seems to be one of Poch's favoured subs at the minute, so he's being eased in.

I most of the squad is ahead of Sissoko for a CM role - it's just not where Sissoko should play.

Pochettino not getting a clear cut backup/competition for Dembele in that role could be a good indicator that he rates Winks for that role for the future and he might just be easing him in like you say. Will be interesting to see how he's used for the second half of the season.

Very good game. I hope he continues to develop. He has very quick feet and above average pace. A talent. Definitely someone who might be better than Modric in future.

He has the potential. Very quick feet. Good stamina and positioning. Deceptive and possesses a sharp mind. Good pass and shot. Can control a game. Watch Modric at 20. Very similar attributes. If Winks keeps developing, he can surpass Modric.

I'm not saying that he's not a similar style player - however in my view Modric is one of the top say 5 CMs in the world today, so saying that Winks can be better than that is a big statement

He was our only good midfielder today. Earnt more starts in home games v the lower sides and, infact, might be just the tonic for these kind of games.

That was an oustsanding full debut

Controlled the game for us when the rest weren't at it

Could have a very big future ahead of him

And the comments about Modric may well be valid... who was watching him at 20??

He was our only good midfielder today. Earnt more starts in home games v the lower sides and, infact, might be just the tonic for these kind of games.
That was an oustsanding full debut

Controlled the game for us when the rest weren't at it

Could have a very big future ahead of him

And the comments about Modric may well be valid... who was watching him at 20??

Fully agree with both of these comments.
He was not fazed at all by the occasion or at being surrounded by non-performing team mates. He looked confident, chased the ball well, won the ball well, moved the ball well.
Fair play to Poch for giving him the start, and fair play to Harry for seizing the opportunity. As I said in the match thread I think we are going to be seeing a lot more of him, deservedly so based on today.

Back