• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
The key word was FOCUS. Of course he has brought youth, his hands have been tied so that he has no choice.

Barclay looks good, but isnt getting games. Rooney was a prodigy and they couldnt hold onto him. COleman is a refular now. The rest just werent good enough really (possibly a bit harsh on Vaughn)

ALternatively, look at the other side of the coin - Saha, Greavesen, Ferguson, Yakubu, Distin, Neville....

He needed players that could do jobs for the little money he had to spend and ALL those players you've mentioned were big success stories.

i'm in the minority here but i would like moyes IF harry gets the boot, which more and more i'm hoping he shouldnt

*runs and hides*

(especially if he brings ross barkley with him*

i'm in the minority here but i would like moyes IF harry gets the boot, which more and more i'm hoping he shouldnt

*runs and hides*

(especially if he brings ross barkley with him*

I wouldn't go as far as to say he's my first choice but I would welcome him and think he'd do a good job. The fact many on here have reservations doesn't bother me, was a similar situation with Redknapp and that didn't turn out too bad....

Harry seems keen to talk himself out of a job.

You have a year left Harry, STFU and get on with it.

We start the season well i'm sure Levy will draw up a new deal.

If England lose all 3 matches at the Euros Woy will be gone and Harry will get the job, happy days!

Redknapp has already achieved aim number 1, which is to deflect deep thought on the context of our season and instead bleat on about what he doesn't have and what a great job he's done despite what he's "not had"...

Redknapp has already achieved aim number 1, which is to deflect deep thought on the context of our season and instead bleat on about what he doesn't have and what a great job he's done despite what he's "not had"...

How do you know that is his first priority? I say know, because you didn't state the above was an opinion so therefore you're alluding to it being factual.

How do you know that is his first priority? I say know, because you didn't state the above was an opinion so therefore you're alluding to it being factual.

Guilty as charged. I should've said in my opinion because I don't know (didn't ask him last week in the BA lounge :) ) so fair-dos, my bad.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he's my first choice but I would welcome him and think he'd do a good job. The fact many on here have reservations doesn't bother me, was a similar situation with Redknapp and that didn't turn out too bad....

This.

Redknapp played some of the most defensive football ever seen at Portsmouth. 2 DMs and only one creative player - it was pretty close to the 'Sunderland' formation.

Fortunately for us he dropped that tactic (much to my surprise), so I'm giving up on believing that managers keep the same style of football when they move clubs.

This.

Redknapp played some of the most defensive football ever seen at Portsmouth. 2 DMs and only one creative player - it was pretty close to the 'Sunderland' formation.

Fortunately for us he dropped that tactic (much to my surprise), so I'm giving up on believing that managers keep the same style of football when they move clubs.

Thought it was 3 DMs. His classic side 2007/8 was sort of:

-----------Kanu

Krancjar------------Utaka

Muntari--Bouba Diop--Diarra

While Redknapp may have used 2 or even 3 DMs, I really don't recall Pompey being a 1-0 type side, as far as I recall (and being honest I didn't "follow" Redknapp), I remember his sides winning the occasional game with a few goals, and also occasionally getting spanked.

Moyes is the classic 1-0 type manager, and Everton have typically been on the lowest goals scored list quite often.

AS, calling you out, what do you see that Moyes brings?

This.

Didn't Pompey always play decent football when they could though? I'm not saying they religiously stuck to it like Swansea, but I never had them down as Bolton esque cloggers. They simply struck me as doing what they needed to do at times, and always had some flair in the side that was given license to express itself.

Same with Harry's West Ham, they always expressed themselves and they had flair in the team, so I wasn't surprised that we play good football under him. And I don't think it's a good example to use for Moyes. He is defensive by nature. He is reactive. He often tries to shut up shop rather than maintain possession. He is cautious. I highly doubt that he would change if he came here.

On the one hand, his Everton team can score some nice goals. Just off the top of my head, Pienaar's 4th at Old Trafford was a nice goal. If we scored that we'd all be very impressed. So I'm sure our players could too. But it's his personality, it's his nature to be reactive and cautious, and that's what worries me. Harry wasn't a cautious guy in terms of his footballing philosophy.

I asked this on here when Moyes' name sprung up before but I don't think I ever got a response. Has there ever been a manager known for being defensive that's ever gone to a club where good football is expected, and actually delivered it with success? I genuinely can't think of one.

Didn't Pompey always play decent football when they could though? I'm not saying they religiously stuck to it like Swansea, but I never had them down as Bolton esque cloggers. They simply struck me as doing what they needed to do at times, and always had some flair in the side that was given license to express itself.

Same with Harry's West Ham, they always expressed themselves and they had flair in the team, so I wasn't surprised that we play good football under him. And I don't think it's a good example to use for Moyes. He is defensive by nature. He is reactive. He often tries to shut up shop rather than maintain possession. He is cautious. I highly doubt that he would change if he came here.

On the one hand, his Everton team can score some nice goals. Just off the top of my head, Pienaar's 4th at Old Trafford was a nice goal. If we scored that we'd all be very impressed. So I'm sure our players could too. But it's his personality, it's his nature to be reactive and cautious, and that's what worries me. Harry wasn't a cautious guy in terms of his footballing philosophy.

I asked this on here when Moyes' name sprung up before but I don't think I ever got a response. Has there ever been a manager known for being defensive that's ever gone to a club where good football is expected, and actually delivered it with success? I genuinely can't think of one.

Some could argue Mourinho? then again I guess it is easy to play good football when you could spend as much on one player as we are able to on an entire team.

I wouldnt want Moyes. I would want Martinez. I suspect he is the next to move and he just seems like a fit for us. Cant put my finger on it but he seems like a good fit - he plays decent football, is quite loyal and carries himself very very well not to mention that he is 'fresh'.

^ id rather take a 'chance' on an exciting prospect like Martinez than go for a steady appointment like Moyes - id rather we kept Redknapp than go down that route

Didn't Pompey always play decent football when they could though?

Not really, no.

They were defensively solid and played mostly on the break. Whilst that can be fun for a neutral, they rarely played any kind of possession football.

They were defensively very solid, with Kranjcar being the outlet to quick breaks. More like Chelsea or Sunderland than Man U or Barca.

They were especially defensive in Europe or against better teams - maybe down to a lack of expectation, bu they set out not to lose first.

If we're gonna continue with a shortsighted approach we may as well stick with Mr. Redknapp.
It would be nice with a change to a manager that can carry the players when needed - instead of the players-carrying-the-manager we so often have seen; when they fail we fail since there's been no-one to repair the issues at hand.

If we're gonna continue with a shortsighted approach we may as well stick with Mr. Redknapp.
It would be nice with a change to a manager that can carry the players when needed - instead of the players-carrying-the-manager we so often have seen; when they fail we fail since there's been no-one to repair the issues at hand.

you've been skipping your meds again, haven't you?

Put your arms back into the sleeves, and cross them, so I can tie them up again.

OK Nurse, wet the paddles

120Kjoules

STAND CLEAR!

Back