• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I think his point is that we should keep Harry if it's "only" Moyes.

In the larger picture of things, with the stadium financing also an issue we need to face, it's possible that we will only see the big signings - players and managers - only AFTER cash flows from the increased seating capacity makes it viable.

This.

Redknapp played some of the most defensive football ever seen at Portsmouth. 2 DMs and only one creative player - it was pretty close to the 'Sunderland' formation.

Fortunately for us he dropped that tactic (much to my surprise), so I'm giving up on believing that managers keep the same style of football when they move clubs.

Like Mourinho at Chelsea? Or Fergie at Utd in the mid-90's? Under Jol I thought I football was decent. Not as attractive as it has been under Redknapp, but we kept the ball on the deck. Carrick, Tainio and Davids in the same side? The amount of DM's in a team has NOTHING to do with whether a team is attractive or not. The same applies to creative players.

Portsmouth were not an unattractive side to watch. They were no Brazil, but nor were they Stoke or Norwich from this season for example.

Most Managers do keep the same style. The point is moot though because Redknapp proved at West Ham that his teams can play attractive football. And it's all irrelevant, because what Managers do before coming to Spurs is. The most important thing is that under Redknapp we've played some superbly attractive attacking football over the last 4 years and if he does go this week I'll be grateful for that and enjoyed it very much.

Like Mourinho at Chelsea? Or Fergie at Utd in the mid-90's? Under Jol I thought I football was decent. Not as attractive as it has been under Redknapp, but we kept the ball on the deck. Carrick, Tainio and Davids in the same side? The amount of DM's in a team has NOTHING to do with whether a team is attractive or not. The same applies to creative players.

Portsmouth were not an unattractive side to watch. They were no Brazil, but nor were they Stoke or Norwich from this season for example.

Most Managers do keep the same style. The point is moot though because Redknapp proved at West Ham that his teams can play attractive football. And it's all irrelevant, because what Managers do before coming to Spurs is. The most important thing is that under Redknapp we've played some superbly attractive attacking football over the last 4 years and if he does go this week I'll be grateful for that and enjoyed it very much.

This is a very good post tbh.

As I said, they were much like Sunderland - solid, physical but hardly adventurous. As a neutral (who was unfortunate enough to have to see a lot of their home games) they certainly didn't play the kind of football I'd want to see at Spurs.

Did you see any of their European matches? They were like Norwich with less attacking intent.

As I said, they were much like Sunderland - solid, physical but hardly adventurous. As a neutral (who was unfortunate enough to have to see a lot of their home games) they certainly didn't play the kind of football I'd want to see at Spurs.

Did you see any of their European matches? They were like Norwich with less attacking intent.

Yes we all remember the quote from the old board ;)

Did you see that type of football under Redknapp at Spurs?

In the league? In the Champions League?

No. Next stick......

He needed players that could do jobs for the little money he had to spend and ALL those players you've mentioned were big success stories.

I didnt say they werent good, I said they werent young. Moyes has always FOCUSED on terry try hards as the core of his side. I would say when he brings youth through its often because his hand is forced - not that he wants to play them at that point. Coleman springs to mind, they were ravaged with injury* and he had no one else.

oh and Rodwell is definately good enough.

I am yet to be convinced. Ive heard all the hype, Im yet to see any of it with my own eyes. In fact, whenever I see Rodwell play Im not even sure what position he is most suited too. Having played premiership football for years now I would have at least hoped to have worked out what sort of player he is, let alone whether or not he is any good.

*INJURIES - Seems to be a common theme of Everton doesnt it?

Yes we all remember the quote from the old board ;)

Did you see that type of football under Redknapp at Spurs?

In the league? In the Champions League?

No. Next stick......

That was my point - based on Harry changing his entire philosophy regarding attacking football, why should we assume that Moyes would have us playing boring football?

That was my point - based on Harry changing his entire philosophy regarding attacking football, why should we assume that Moyes would have us playing boring football?

Ah, fair point then.

Moyes' Everton certainly weren't boring at Old Trafford!!!

My favourite game of the season. (Not just because they won me ?ú900)

I really disagree. Redknapp has always preferred attack vs defence. His teams have pace, balance and usually a very skillfull player in the middle somewhere. He may have been more pragmatic at Pompey with a defensive line up, but even then when they turned it on they were very entertaining.

His West Ham side played some great stuff as well, particularly the Cole/Kanoute/DiCanio axis...

Put it this way, when Redknapp joined I never had any concerns about style of play. In fact I was very interested in what he would be able to do with our players.

Moyes, as I and others have said would be a disaster

- Plays soul destroying/dirty football (not Tottenham way)
- Starts every season badly (do we need a manager to help us with that?)
- Has a brick injury record with players (see point above)
- Rolls over to get ass fudged by rivals (pool), can you imagine another how many every years getting bummed by the Scum?
- Bottles it whenever it counts, e.g. the 1 CL shot, every Cup SF or final they have had (again, not something Spurs needs help with)

To be honest, his only virtue is he has kept Everton the best of the rest on a brick budget, but the minute any other club gets their act together they past Everton (e.g. Us/Barcodes/etc.)

Don't want him anywhere near us.

dont know where to start with this.

disagree on most of it IMO

While Redknapp may have used 2 or even 3 DMs, I really don't recall Pompey being a 1-0 type side, as far as I recall (and being honest I didn't "follow" Redknapp), I remember his sides winning the occasional game with a few goals, and also occasionally getting spanked.

Moyes is the classic 1-0 type manager, and Everton have typically been on the lowest goals scored list quite often.

AS, calling you out, what do you see that Moyes brings?

i'll try to get indepth during my lunch hour..no doubt i'll be posting bits before that though

As many as Everton? Perhaps its exagerrated by a smaller squad, but it feels as though Everton NEVER have a full team.

Tiny squad

For me Moyes is a "no" because he offers nothing that Redknapp doesn't already.

Decent manager, good motivator, gets the most out of the players he has.....

No point in going sideways (or arguably backwards)

I really disagree. Redknapp has always preferred attack vs defence. His teams have pace, balance and usually a very skillfull player in the middle somewhere. He may have been more pragmatic at Pompey with a defensive line up, but even then when they turned it on they were very entertaining.

His West Ham side played some great stuff as well, particularly the Cole/Kanoute/DiCanio axis...

Put it this way, when Redknapp joined I never had any concerns about style of play. In fact I was very interested in what he would be able to do with our players.

Exactly. Redknapp playing good football with us is in no way a comparison to Moyes. Harry has always wanted to play good football where possible, and proved it before at West Ham anyway.

Moyes has always been a reactive sort of manager, prefering to focus on nullifying the other team than focussing on his own. I may be wrong, but I just can't see him being a good Spurs man.

Exactly. Redknapp playing good football with us is in no way a comparison to Moyes. Harry has always wanted to play good football where possible, and proved it before at West Ham anyway.

Moyes has always been a reactive sort of manager, prefering to focus on nullifying the other team than focussing on his own. I may be wrong, but I just can't see him being a good Spurs man.

whats you're preference

good football

or results

I like how ITK's are predicting Redknapp's sacking from one week to the next. He's been 'sacked' about a dozen times already this summer.

Back