• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I bet we'd all be chuffed if that was our working terms

I'm sorry Mr Cooper - but we are worried in case you end up with a facial tic caused by the road traffic accident you were in, where you were given the last rites and your friends died

You see, we won't be keeping saggy faced tacos on if that happens

You do know that most people don't have contracts with years on?

come off it Mick, do you think up until that point Redknapp had no idea how players would react to uncertainty with regards to whether the manager is here for the long term ? surely a career in football management would have given him a little insight in to how things like that work

he knew it would have a negative effect, but at the time he had to say it wouldn't so he couldn't be held to blame for any potential loss of form as a result - not that i blame him for taking that stance

I was under the impression that the quote was his reaction to being asked what the impact on the players would be to the speculation that he might be going. So given that he couldn't see into the future, he made a statement that it shouldn't affect them. He was wrong, as it transpired.

contrasted to his comment recently that the uncertainty over the managers future would have a destabilising effect on them - something that we have all learned, is indeed the case.

The old thread was moved to the moderators area for a reason. Please leave arguments back there and keep on topic on the new thread.

Oh hello knuckles - there's a surprise!

I'm just surprised you can still talk - I'd have got 3 months in the pokey for that

proper jailors pet (you lucky, lucky bastard!)

I only got hung the right way up last week

fudge me you're really desperate for me to get the axe ain't ya?? :) Thought a gobby type like you would understand! I remember your reaction to me when I besmirched journalism without knowing your daughter was a journalist. Now I'm enemy numbe one for having a different opinion to you on Harry and losing my rag cos a bloke starts talking about my kid!

Fair dos

Last edited:
The old thread was moved to the moderators area for a reason. Please leave arguments back there and keep on topic on the new thread.
who is that aimed at?

if its me, I was kidding, its called humour Milo, the stuff that makes people smile

that was the intention anyway.

thats right, they have something much better, permanent employment contracts

With 1-3 months notice. I really don't know what your pont is. Here Mick, come to work for us, heres a grea salary, and a nice benefits package. And by the way if you're brick or act like a crank it's sayonara. A football manager gets 3/5 years. That ain't typical in any walk of life.

No more arguments. Think we need to accept people who post on forums have strong opinions!! We are all guilty of thinking we can't 'win' the debate. Honestly held opinions on both sides.

Yes but honestly, what choice did HR have at that moment? He couldn't say that it was going to affect him could he? At least the question of manager has been raised. On Mick C's mail above, maybe the 60/40 rule should apply then and we say bye-bye Harry now as this has the least potential damage to the league chances next season?

So we're meant to know when Harry is lying? I thought it was when his lips were moving personally?!! :)

fudge me you're really desperate for me to get the axe ain't ya?? Thought a hobby type like you would understand! I remember your reaction to me when I besmirched journalism without knowing your daughter was a journalist. Now I'm enemy numbe one for having a different opinion to you on Harry and losing my rag cos a bloke starts talking about my kid!

Fair dos

see my answer to Milo, it was meant as a joke, hence the Life of Brian quotes.

as it happens, I am quite the opposite, I would not like to see you get put on post mod at all.

I have absolutely no problem, whatsoever with you having differing views.

But you fudged up over raboners comment - you took it entirely the wrong way, tried to turn it into an insult about your daughter, and then tried to make yourself into a victim.

The whole thing would be much simpler, if you just said sorry to the guy, he was simply complaining about your hostile and abusive posts

If you don't want anyone to talk about your kid, why use an avatar of her?

I don't have to agree with everything you say to like you, or like the posts that you make - but neither do I have to like the content of all of them.

Which cuts both ways

he probably had absolutely no idea what was going to happen at that point - what possible experience could he draw on to make the statement that he did - apart from a gut feeling.

It turned out to be wrong - but now he can speak from personal experience.

Does that make him a fool because he cant see into the future, or a wise man because he's learned from the past?

You see, if an anti array poster speculated like that you'd cane them. You won't concede one jot of criticism will you. Not even the fact Levy is out of the country burying his mum??

With 1-3 months notice. I really don't know what your pont is. Here Mick, come to work for us, heres a grea salary, and a nice benefits package. And by the way if you're brick or act like a crank it's sayonara. A football manager gets 3/5 years. That ain't typical in any walk of life.

Funnily enough, I'm on a 3 year contract, in case I don't get the permit extended

In UK you can be given 3 months notice, but after 1 year, you have to be given ample opportunity to raise your performance standard, the those metrics agreed in your job description. If you are failing to make the grade, then its up to a joint effort by employer and employee to work towards resolving it.

Thats employment law

see my answer to Milo, it was meant as a joke, hence the Life of Brian quotes.

as it happens, I am quite the opposite, I would not like to see you get put on post mod at all.

I have absolutely no problem, whatsoever with you having differing views.

But you fudged up over raboners comment - you took it entirely the wrong way, tried to turn it into an insult about your daughter, and then tried to make yourself into a victim.

The whole thing would be much simpler, if you just said sorry to the guy, he was simply complaining about your hostile and abusive posts

If you don't want anyone to talk about your kid, why use an avatar of her?

I don't have to agree with everything you say to like you, or like the posts that you make - but neither do I have to like the content of all of them.

Which cuts both ways

I love my daughter and I can't think of a better picture. Do you have a picture of your daughter on your phone? Desk? I don't expect it to be fair game actually. And I reacted genuinely, not to cause a brick storm. Just like you did over your daughter.

Funnily enough, I'm on a 3 year contract, in case I don't get the permit extended

In UK you can be given 3 months notice, but after 1 year, you have to be given ample opportunity to raise your performance standard, the those metrics agreed in your job description. If you are failing to make the grade, then its up to a joint effort by employer and employee to work towards resolving it.

Thats employment law

You can manage someone out very easily. I wonder what KPI would be in Harry's contract? Maybe that's the way forward? Clear set goals in the contract. Then if you don't perform you can be for shaving, or get a stay of execution. Or if you are and people don't like your face you can point to the contrct and laugh at them.

Thats employment law

And it's one month for most people. 6-12 months probation. Now that's an interesting concept for a footy manager!!!!! :)

what would your employer say if you tried to pressure them in to a new contract by saying you wouldn't be able to work to your best for the last year (assuming it got to a stage where you had one year left) because of the uncertainty ?

Back