• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Or digging as the case may be.

Where's your famous humour mate?

still here, still smiling

just trying to picture the AHB football team, Wriggly's Wanderers v Moonlit Albion

+5 Mins Dismissal. Wriggly sent off for 5 studs up challenges, 2 on his own side, 1 count of manslaughter and an arson attack on the crowd. Two referees assistants had to be hospitalised and the 4th official has been admitted into psychiatric care.

+9 Minutes Wanderers go 8-0 up against Albion, who are playing a 4-0-0 formation with a rush goalie, who, sadly, succumbed to his wounds in Wrigglys rocket attack in the 3rd minute. The keepers corpse has been tied upside down to the crossbar by his feet, and is still thought to be a better keeper than Marton Fulop.

+11 Minutes and Leeds is finally sent off when caught feeding Raboner into a wood chipper. Albion now down to 3 concede another 4 goals

+15 Billyiddo carried off after a vicious sliding tackle from the moonlit Knight, who was Knighted by African, who finally has come down off the fence.

+38 Cooper receives a yellow for baiting the opposition, having stuck a large fishhook up Paklanes arse and dumped him in the atlantic

HALF time comes as Milo slides through a ruck of players to knock in the first Albion goal from a DHSF's cross. The two teams leave the pitch to a rousing chorus of When will I see you again? Sung by the Ghost of Totman.

Wanderers 18 - Albion 1

45 Mins Second half kicks off

Wanderers now down to 4 men v Albions 3 - Milo put 5 of them on moderation for wearing non regulation width laces and having untidy hair in a built up area. A controversial move, but one unanimously approved by all of the moderators, proving that drugs and strong drink are the curse of the working man.

+58 Minutes Milo completes his 3rd hattrick, bringing the scores to 18 all , which now means that Albion are 4,015 goals ahead, as infraction points count double and with Crawley now under house arrest, there is little chance that Wanderers can claw them back.

+72 Wanderers play their trump card, and Saramanga takes to the field for Wanderers, having taken the unusual step of coming on as a substitute for an Albion player - Cooper, who was substituted after being savaged by a hungry Lion, the wife of Arcspace, who is watching on TV in SA.

+88 Kim Jong Scaramanga scores his 5,00th goal, despite the burden of being carried in a Sedan chair by 4 moderators, and celebrates by having Jennifer Aniston reveal her bare chest, by running round the pitch with her shirt pulled over her head, on his behalf.

In a frantic finale Milo brings the scores level in the 92nd minute, before having to leave the field of play, having been ordered to become the new Pope, by Mao Tse Scaramanga.

With only 4 exhausted moderators left on the pich to carry him, Scara, brings on Gareth Bale as a late ringer, to provide the cross by which he scores the winning goal.

In an after match interview Harry Redknapp pleaded for calm, and 10 year contract extension.

I think we all need to realise that some like Redknapp and some don't. Those that don't do acknowledge that 4-5-4 is a great effort so let's move the fudge on!!

I would describe 4-5-4 as good rather than great as this includes two, back to back, poor last third of the season finishes....

4-4-3 , now that's what I feel many would've been calling great, myself included and I feel we all know in our hearts, that's what it should've been and there lies the problem with some of us.

mods: i sincerely apologise if i was at fault for any of the recent events.. it wasn't my intention to abuse anyone, and i regret the eventual outcome.

*runs and hides*

You are the only one on this forum determined to create a split and pigeon hole people into teams.

If anything is divisive, it is you, not people willing to debate a subject on terms other than their own narrow view.

Youve not posted for a little while, and strangely I have (personly speaking) found it a much better place, than I have done for a while (where I was at the point of not giving a damn and only logging in sporadically).

I saw you posting today/this evening and decided I would steer clear.

Sign in to see whats what before I go to bed and what do I find? You are prolific and the place has gone to hell in a hand basket.

Not only that, but I get name checked in your little game as well.

+1

Last edited:
I defend when it's required. If I see someone making some outlandish inaccurate remark or slate someone personally then I will counter that view.

You made plenty of those in the Kaboul thread few weeks ago, (no, I haven't forgotten), got schooled, threw a hissy fit, and went into hiding.

Are you honestly not able to see in your mind that you do exactly the same thing against Walker / BAE / Kaboul that you're acusing people of towards Arry in this thread?

You actually wanted all 3 sold this summer

Are you HONESTLY not able to see that ?

Last edited:
You are the only one on this forum determined to create a split and pigeon hole people into teams.

If anything is divisive, it is you, not people willing to debate a subject on terms other than their own narrow view.

Youve not posted for a little while, and strangely I have (personly speaking) found it a much better place, than I have done for a while (where I was at the point of not giving a damn and only logging in sporadically).

I saw you posting today/this evening and decided I would steer clear.

Sign in to see whats what before I go to bed and what do I find? You are prolific and the place has gone to hell in a hand basket.

Not only that, but I get name checked in your little game as well.

Put you down as a rebel then

Where do I trample on posters playing the victim? I trample on what I see as gonad*s. The post was very condescending and used my daughter as a prop. It's below the belt IMO and I reacted. I don't think he's right. If someone I right I say so. If they prove that what I'm saying wrong I acknowledge it. If someone posts opinion as fact I say so. Empty apologies don't get you out of brick. You shouldn't say the thing in he first place. Saying sorry after the fact when everyone wants to pile in even when you believe you acted in good faith is just wrong.

I accept that ou in no shape way or form are trying to claim any higher ground over the picture issue, even going so far to say you think I'm stronger than you :) nope, in no shape way or form!! ;)

er....http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?1019-The-Budget/page4&highlight=passive+smoking

What the fudge is going on? How boring has this all become?

Can people just agree on these points:

Harry is a decent manager that has had some level of success with us. To get 4th ahead of Emirates Marketing Project and their millions spent in 09/10 was a great achievement, and a run to the CL QFs the next year was also exciting. Taking into account all managers will make 'mistakes' during the season, we probably would have been on for 3rd this year had it not been for speculation about his future affecting the confidence of the players. Fair point or not?

Some of our players have played the best, most consistent football of their careers under Harry. I'm looking at BAE, Kaboul, Walker, Gomes for a time, Lennon, Bale, Huddlestone, Modric. Regardless of whether some of them improved with age, some of them were incredibly talented youngsters, or whether it was apparently luck that they just stumbled into a new playing position, the fact is Harry was manager and deserves at least some of the credit for getting the best out of these players. Just some, if that's all you're willing to give. Fair point or not?

His signings to improve the first team have all done so. Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, Palacios, Crouch, Defoe, Adebayor, Rafa and Parker all played vital roles. As squad players the likes of Kranjcar and Bassong were vital when we got 4th. There's been no-one that has had to shell out big money for that has been an absolute failure, really. And the squad players he has usually brought in to do a job when required at no long term cost or commitment to us. Fair point or not?

He doesn't profess to be a tactical genius but our team generally looks well organised defensively and is exciting going forward when we aren't hindered by the above mentioned speculation. Given money to spend on players, he will generally get the level of success expected out of them. Fair point or not?

That's what surely, most people, even the people massively against Harry, should be able to see. I haven't veered too much over the loyalist or rebel side there, I've just stated some facts based on what has happened. For the points against him, this is where it might become more tricky to summarise and have people agree, but I'm going to try and do it, because this thread really needs to move on from whatever mess it is now. (Fair point or not? :-D )

Really, if you want to be trusted, when trying to earn a new contract you really shouldn't say one week that speculation doesn't have a chance of bothering players (while not really doing anything to stop said speculation) and then when it suits you a few weeks later, say that speculation does bother players. He's right in what he says the second time, but he's basically acknowledging that speculation affected our season, and therefore he is somewhat culpable for that. Do we see where he was coming from, in that he is old school and wouldn't turn down England if they came calling? If we are being fair, we probably do. Does that mean he deserves to be rewarded with a new contract when he didn't put the club first and let it affect our season to the point where we failed in our objectives? Probably not. Personally I feel the game would be so much better if there was a universally agreed convention between all managers that if a job is open while they are managing another club with something to play for, they will deny any interest for whatever feasible reason is given to them by their PR people. If it was universally accepted, people would understand that when he did eventually leave he was looking out for the clubs best interests, because it has been proven time and time again that speculation affects form. Regardless of that, what happened to us wasn't the best way it could have happened to preserve our season. Fair point or not?

Other things people may want to go against Harry for are tactical knowledge, and age of his signings, but I don't really buy into them too much. If you did though, that's completely up to you. But surely these points are a balanced summing of the facts, and can't really be argued too much, and therefore maybe the bickering could just end? I'm not saying I'm the oracle and I've summed it up better than anyone could, I'm just trying to make it stop. 9 more pages of pointless point scoring. There's no need.

Nice sly bullying remark. But have no fear, you aren't pushing me out. You're stuck with me. Sorry pal!

Bullying? Get over yourself. I posted how I felt at the time and no more, seems as though it may have caught a nerve. Perhaps food for thought?

I have no intention of pushing you out - why would I? Once again a symptom of your extremely polarised stance.

This matter aside I think you are a good poster, with a great deal to offer the forum in terms of debate and interesting views (which I may or may not agree with)

Yet on this matter it has become a crusade, and its tiresome. Right now you remind me of afan, every thread he touched turned into a slightly more extreme version of the same repeating argument - even when it had nothing to do with his belived Keane - he would manage to make it such. This would have been ignorable (is that a word?) had he not saturated the entire board with it.

I had hoped after a little siesta your return would be a little more considered, instead it seems you were just drawing breath for the next wave.

Not everybody who would see Redknapp replaced thinks he has done a bad job.
Not everybody who would see Redknapp replaced thinks he is a saggy faced ****.
Not everybody who would see Redknapp replaced would so do immediately, preferring the latest flavour of the month.
Not everybody who would see Redknapp replaced thinks he was scum for wanting the England job.
Not everybody who would see Redknapp replaced would like to see SPurs lose/falter to get their "wish".

It goes on. Essentially the message is that not everybody you class as a rebel (thats really sad) represents the absolute worst in a 'hater' - despite your best efforts to treat them as such.

ITK: Akqayid

Made some 'kurt' comments about us at Saley Hall today at a golf event.

They were comments made in private to media/journo types.

Not saying anymore as it becomes Chinese bloody whispers. Remember I'm not anti or pro Harry. I have no charter behind this.

Seems its becoming untenable. I think we'll make a move before him. Maybe not.

Yep, he's definitely ITK lol!!

You made plenty of those in the Kaboul thread few weeks ago, (no, I haven't forgotten), got schooled, threw a hissy fit, and went into hiding.

Are you honestly not able to see in your mind that you do exactly the same thing against Walker / BAE / Kaboul that you're acusing people of towards Arry in this thread?

You actually wanted all 3 sold this summer

Are you HONESTLY not able to see that ?

Cheers Arcy ;)
Is that why he thinks I'm Afan? Cos I dislike him and have Keano as my avi?

Back