• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Just out of interest, and in all reality, what sort of a bid would you be happy with accepting, be it in the summer or in 18 months time?

I'm a numbers man and s money man, but I will honestly say, no amount of money will convince me we should sell Hatrick Harry.

I'm somewhat convinced that he could get Bale back here and we can build something big.

I think Chelsea under estimated Kane's clinical finishes in that match. But from now on, he will be a marked player. Other teams are going to mark him closely.

Instead of setting a very high target, Kane should set a target goal by goal. With his 2 goals against WBA, he has overcome Crooks(1982) and Adebayor(2012)'s goals of 18 goals. Kane's next targets should be :

Hoddle(1980), Defoe(2004) = 22 goals
Berbatov(2007 and 2008), Keane(2008) = 23 goals
Sheringham(1996), Defoe(2010) = 24 goals
Archibald(1981), Falco(1986) = 25 goals
Lineker(1990), Bale(2013) = 26 goals
Archibald(1984), Sheringham(1993) = 28 goals
Falco(1985), Klinsmann(1995) = 29 goals
Lineker(1992) = 35 goals
Allen(1987) = 49 goals

These are the Spurs players who have scored more than 20 goals since 1980. I think it will be almost impossible for any Spurs players to ever reach Lineker's 35 goals in 1992 or Allen's 49 goals in 1987. I think Kane can be very proud if he can reach or overcome 26 goals scored by Lineker(1990) and Bale(2013).

So, Kane has scored 29 goals in total now, which is the same as Falco(1985) and Klinsmann(1995) have scored. Just hope the Dubious Goal Committee won't rule Kane's 2nd goal against Leicester as an own goal. Never thought Kane would come anywhere near the 30 goal mark but he has almost reached that mark, amazingly. Now, it doesn't look too impossible for him to reach and overcome the 35 goals scored by Lineker in 1992.

MOTD2 Extra

Meanwhile over on Match of the Day 2 Extra, Alan Shearer is answering whether Tottenham's Harry Kane is the new him or the new Michael Ricketts.

Alan Shearer
BBC Sport on MOTD2 Extra

'There's an arrogance about Kane and I like it'

On Harry Kane's hat-trick and England team selection: "He should be playing, Roy Hodgson should be taking a look at him. He's not going to face too many threats against Lithuania and Kane will look comfortable being included.

"Nobody else in the Premier League is in the form he currently is. He's only been starting games since November and he's in tremendous nick.

"There's an arrogance about the way he plays and I like it. There's a confidence there to go in and feel at home and believe that he belongs at international level."

So, Kane has scored 29 goals in total now, which is the same as Falco(1985) and Klinsmann(1995) have scored. Just hope the Dubious Goal Committee won't rule Kane's 2nd goal against Leicester as an own goal. Never thought Kane would come anywhere near the 30 goal mark but he has almost reached that mark, amazingly. Now, it doesn't look too impossible for him to reach and overcome the 35 goals scored by Lineker in 1992.
I'm slightly too young to have witnessed Falco and Allen' playing days. So in the quarter century that I've been following Tottenham the gold standard for forwards was set by Lineker, Sheringham and Klinsmann.

Like yourself though: I couldn't have envisioned even a few months ago that Kane would now be on course to join Greaves, Chivers, Smith, Allen and Lineker in the pantheon of Spurs forwards to score 30+ goals in a season :eek:

mkg1tx.jpg

Last edited:
19 goals in 20 PL starts

29 goals in 31 all competition starts

mindblowing

The names in that table bring back some very fond memories. Keane and berbs must have broken some record with a 46 goal haul in 07/08.

imagine how many goals Kane would have scored if we were a more creative team :eek:

19 goals in 20 PL starts

29 goals in 31 all competition starts

mindblowing

Just to be pedantic: Kane scored a goal as a sub against Aston Villa before he became first choice, so it's technically a mere 18 goals in 20 league starts :D

The names in that table bring back some very fond memories. Keane and berbs must have broken some record with a 46 goal haul in 07/08.

Klinsmann + Sheringham are the deadliest duo we've had in the PL era, with their combined haul of 52 goals back in 1994/95.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/the-goalden-boys1-190608/

Last edited:
Whether he is Michael Ricketts mk II or not. Next year will be interesting.

I think the variety that he has displayed in his game, in addition to his history with our youth squad provide a solid foundation for him to allay fears of Harry Kane being the next Michael Ricketts.

If there is a question mark over Kane, then for me, it is to question how his performances will be affected if he loses confidence due to a barren run of a few games. What will happen if his goals dry up for a while? Does he have the inner strength to bounce back at this level? I hope so.

Back