• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I doubt Bayern will attract Levy's attention this summer with a bid below £100m, and I am pretty confident that they will not offer that amount when he has just a year to go.

Loan him to Bayern. Go for a season, win a pot or two, scratch that itch, then come home and shatter St Alan of Gallowgate's record.
That £60m offer is for a season long loan, right?

Kane isn't going to sign for anyone this summer IMO. Anyone wanting him is going to have to pay at least £80m as well as give Kane at least £300k a week in wages (and probably closer to £400k a week). In one year's time Kane can probably sign a 4 year contract on a free transfer for between £600k and close to £1m per week, a package of £120m to £200m. In six months' time he can agree a pre-contract with an overseas club for that same sort of money.

Kane isn't going to sign for anyone this summer IMO. Anyone wanting him is going to have to pay at least £80m as well as give Kane at least £300k a week in wages (and probably closer to £400k a week). In one year's time Kane can probably sign a 4 year contract on a free transfer for between £600k and close to £1m per week, a package of £120m to £200m. In six months' time he can agree a pre-contract with an overseas club for that same sort of money.

I do think there is alot in it for him to gain from leaving this summer personally above and beyond money that frankly he does not need and don't seem to be a driver. He gains back a year at a time he is at his peak, what value would he put on wastage staying somewhere he might not want to at 29, soon to be 30? Lots to be gained from a professional stand point if he really wanted to leave for a better footballing landscape IMO

Kane is not your A typical footballer, not sure his ambitions can be clearly worked out or pigeon holed as easily as other footballers.

do you think he would stay if we offered him a mill a week?

If we can coax £80-90m from Bayern I have to admit I hope we sell him as a) we run the risk of losing him for free in 12 months b) we control the fact he goes abroad rather then stays in the the prem and c) because I hope he wins some trophies that his talent deserves

I haven’t read much of this thread but I’m guessing this is not going to be a popular view

I do think there is alot in it for him to gain from leaving this summer personally above and beyond money that frankly he does not need and don't seem to be a driver. He gains back a year at a time he is at his peak, what value would he put on wastage staying somewhere he might not want to at 29, soon to be 30? Lots to be gained from a professional stand point if he really wanted to leave for a better footballing landscape IMO

Kane is not your A typical footballer, not sure his ambitions can be clearly worked out or pigeon holed as easily as other footballers.

Money does have to be a factor though, the next contract could set his grand kids up. Why wouldn’t he want to do that?

he is reportedly on around 200k a week, obviously amazing/dream money for me and you. But he could be looking in the region of a million a week for his next contract, if you offered to x5 my salary that would hard to turn down.

To keep Kane would it be worth paying him £52 million a year?

I think that it would personally.

but that offer would have to be made this year, because Man U could match it next year and we wouldn’t have any advantage over him going there.

Money does have to be a factor though, the next contract could set his grand kids up. Why wouldn’t he want to do that?

he is reportedly on around 200k a week, obviously amazing/dream money for me and you. But he could be looking in the region of a million a week for his next contract, if you offered to x5 my salary that would hard to turn down.

He is also on 25k a goal and other kick backs the guy is set up for life. I also think media and fans like to think and talk about pro sports in a way they don't, people often live in the now and whats best for them as they should, I doubt there is a need for him and his wife to consider grandchildren they don't have, who BTW are set for life on what he has and will earn anyway, its a hugely popular belief which I don't think comes into players reckoning as much as people think IMO.

He will improve his wages in a move be it now or next summer regardless but what money do you place on a year of your life, the difference between 29/30/31 threshold which he is at his potentially huge and also with a caveat that post 34 and his peak, someone in football is going to pay big money for Kane and the twilight because its Kane.

He is not poor, if you offered me an extra year at a team to win something against seeing another go, with no real knock at Spurs here but the risks that entails? Its a bigger weighing up than just money IMO

He is also on 25k a goal and other kick backs the guy is set up for life.

He will improve his wages in a move be it now or next summer regardless but what money do you place on a year of your life, the difference between 29/30/31 threshold which he is at his potentially huge and also with a caveat that post 34 and his peak, someone in football is going to pay big money for Kane and the twilight because its Kane.

He is not poor, if you offered me an extra year at a team to win something against seeing another go, with no real knock at Spurs here but the risks that entails? Its a bigger weighing up than just money IMO

I get what you’re saying though, but similarly if you offered me the same money to stay at spurs as I would get anywhere else, I would stay at spurs. As long as we were good enough to enable me to achieve my individual ambitions.

it would mean more to me to retire a spurs player than win the league (no way guaranteed) with Man U

Do you know what would be a shame, absolutely hilarious and the most sexy thing ever? If he left and we win a trophy the same season and he didn’t win anything.

It's more likely to be a repeat of the Bale situation, when he left he won a trophy every single season up until the one he came back on loan to us........

I'm seeing the argument that Levy wouldn't consider 80m worthwhile but don't we think he might be more concerned about losing him to a rival in the league for nothing, especially if we have another mediocre season.

I'm on the fence, if there's no new contract on the cards then a last chance to for Kane to win a trophy in this current stint sounds lovely but also just wrapping up the saga and starting fresh with more of a chance doesn't sound awful either (as long as it happened early on so doesn't detail the start of the season).

This is the rub. We definitely want him to go abroad BUT Kane may simply not want to. So who calls the shots?.

It's interesting...For Bayern to make a 'formal bid' you'd have expected them to have at least spoken to HKs people to guage if a move abroad is something he'd be interested in in the first place.

As with any transfer it is a 3 way agreement. Player, selling club and buying club. If 1 of those don't agree a deal doesn't happen. All call the shots and none.

I get what you’re saying though, but similarly if you offered me the same money to stay at spurs as I would get anywhere else, I would stay at spurs. As long as we were good enough to enable me to achieve my individual ambitions.

it would mean more to me to retire a spurs player than win the league (no way guaranteed) with Man U

Yeh of course but we are clearly now in a year back to go forward

I am of course speculating as much as the next man, but there must certainly be a price on the price of his life which outweighs fiscal rewards IMO. Also as much as people love to hate on Spurs there is also a mutual respect there and he has his own deals going on with Levy which I think would play a part in terms of thing going forward. Either way I don't think its black and white

Back