• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

So it looks like keeping Kane for his last year is going to cost us £65 million = £1.25M per week (wages and foregone transfer fee) ….

Insane.

So it looks like keeping Kane for his last year is going to cost us £65 million = £1.25M per week (wages and foregone transfer fee) ….

Insane.

Yet if he gets us in the cl it balances out. Let alone merch etc...

How much would it cost to replace a 30 league goal a season striker?

I remain a staunch advocate of keeping him even at that price point. Also it is not my money so why should I give a flying fudge really!

I wouldn't sell for £65m. £80m though? At 30, could see us doing it.

Personally i would offer him a 5 year contract at £400k a week and a £20m sign on fee. But i'm biased.

Personally i would offer him a 5 year contract at £400k a week and a £20m sign on fee. But i'm biased.

Agree

I think Kane is the hardest player for fans and anyone to fathom as he is a throwback and defies many populous logic.

I can see benefits and pitfalls on both end of the spectrum which is what makes it complicated

As you said earlier the value he provides shooting us into the CL is the transfer fee even if he leaves on a free, conversely his value now would aid what seems to be a new leaf younger Spurs drive. And who knows what he is thinking, which no one's been able too peg.

And who says if this season isn't exciting and we made the CL that he doesn't decide to stay? Wishful, absolutely but who knows

Can see the argument in selling him NOW if there’s no way he willing to sign a contract and we potentially lose him next summer for free. But I’ve got to admit, the prospect of our front line without him is a very scary proposition. We’d need to go into the market for a replacement CF.

Can see the argument in selling him NOW if there’s no way he willing to sign a contract and we potentially lose him next summer for free. But I’ve got to admit, the prospect of our front line without him is a very scary proposition. We’d need to go into the market for a replacement CF.
Kane is my favourite player, but I'm not that worried. Judging by our recruitment the past year or two we are actually much better at identifying players for succession planning. Add into the fact we already have Son who is proven at playing CF when Kane isn't around and doing a decent job and Richi. Plus we have a very attack minded manager which means we won't have such an over reliance on Kane to create and score everything. I'd prefer him to stay, but I trust we will respond well to losing him....

Agree

I think Kane is the hardest player for fans and anyone to fathom as he is a throwback and defies many populous logic.

I can see benefits and pitfalls on both end of the spectrum which is what makes it complicated

As you said earlier the value he provides shooting us into the CL is the transfer fee even if he leaves on a free, conversely his value now would aid what seems to be a new leaf younger Spurs drive. And who knows what he is thinking, which no one's been able too peg.

And who says if this season isn't exciting and we made the CL that he doesn't decide to stay? Wishful, absolutely but who knows

Tbh i'm really surprised byern would contemplate it. The fee and wages (combined) seems big for a 30 year old for them at least.

Tbh i'm really surprised byern would contemplate it. The fee and wages (combined) seems big for a 30 year old for them at least.

Goes against their grain for sure, but I said a while back, I would not be shocked with clubs that won't have a chance in 12 months trying to beat the rush and making a package up now.

Like you said about fees (case in example only 25m for Kovacic) its maybe a thankless task to predict, with Kane its even harder

I don’t think that would be enough to make him stay, I think you would maybe have to double it to make him think about it.

I don’t think that would be enough to make him stay, I think you would maybe have to double it to make him think about it.

I don’t think anything which is in any way realistic makes him sign another contract with us. He wanted a change two years ago - what’s happened since then to make him re-think that? We’ve gone backwards.

We may get him for one more season if we’re lucky, but that’s it imo.

Unfortunately i think you are right. It would still be a £124m deal for a 30 year old. Not sure we could or should go further than that.

Unfortunately i think you are right. It would still be a £124m deal for a 30 year old. Not sure we could or should go further than that.

He could realistically bag over 100 goals during that contract - a new signing anywhere near close to doing/guaranteeing the same would cost the guts of that in a transfer fee alone and then what, 200k + a week over a 4 year deal.

Edit :

400k pw for a new Kane contract works out to 20m a year, 80m over 4 - we aren't getting a better deal than that in the transfer market

Last edited:
He could realistically bag over 100 goals during that contract - a new signing anywhere near close to doing/guaranteeing the same would cost the guts of that in a transfer fee alone and then what, 200k + a week over a 4 year deal.

Edit :

400k pw for a new Kane contract works out to 20m a year, 80m over 4 - we aren't getting a better deal than that in the transfer market

(Said 5 year deal and £20m sign on fee).

The point was sell him and add that to getting someone else. But i'd rather we offer him the 5 year deal with £20m add on.

Doesn't matter if change a thing if he stays or goes ... we will continue being spurs ... whatever that means these days.

I think let him go abroad if he wants it, he deserves it on merit. We need the money and who knows perhaps we could make a special arrangement with Bayern the same way we did with real Madrid ....

But in all seriousness have they got any players that would realistically come to our tin pot outfit and make a difference?

Doesn't matter if change a thing if he stays or goes ... we will continue being spurs ... whatever that means these days.

I think let him go abroad if he wants it, he deserves it on merit. We need the money and who knows perhaps we could make a special arrangement with Bayern the same way we did with real Madrid ....

But in all seriousness have they got any players that would realistically come to our tin pot outfit and make a difference?

Out of our hands. So not too fussed. Obviously a sad day if he goes though.

Ofcourse players will come to us. We just need to go for the more up and coming.

Back