• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

He really is making a muck of this and will have no one to blame but himself if it all blows up in his face.
Are city going to be impressed by this, will they want to pay £100m and huge wages to a player that does this?
When will he be ready to play if this drags on until the end of the window and he hasn't trained, been on the beach and unfamiliar with his team mates.
Suspected for a long time something wasn't right in our dressing room, beginning to think it might Harry.

Kane has been upfront. He’s stated where he wants to go and even set his transfer fee in front of the TV cameras.

Not really, he gave a stage managed interview with Gary Neville in which he was asked what he thought he was worth but since when do players decide their own transfer fees? If it was up to him he would set it at £1.75 just to save his potential future employers a few quid. And he still hasn’t shown up for training or provided an explanation to his current employers as to his whereabouts.

Not really, he gave a stage managed interview with Gary Neville in which he was asked what he thought he was worth but since when do players decide their own transfer fees? If it was up to him he would set it at £1.75 just to save his potential future employers a few quid. And he still hasn’t shown up for training or provided an explanation to his current employers as to his whereabouts.

I agree, it’s absurd.
I wasn’t being serious about that part.

He really is making a muck of this and will have no one to blame but himself if it all blows up in his face.
Are city going to be impressed by this, will they want to pay £100m and huge wages to a player that does this?
When will he be ready to play if this drags on until the end of the window and he hasn't trained, been on the beach and unfamiliar with his team mates.
Suspected for a long time something wasn't right in our dressing room, beginning to think it might Harry.

I don’t think they care. They just want their man. Probably instructed him to do it or at least didn’t discourage him. I keep seeing people say Kane should be annoyed with City but I really don’t think that is how he will view it. He wants to leave and he sees us as standing in the way of that. He knows full well that they can afford the fee but I doubt he honestly cares if they aren’t willing to pay our asking price.

£120M for Lukaku
Kane is a step above
English/HG tax
Selling to rival tax

£150M/£160M is actually generous.
Doesn't Lukaku also count as English/HG?
There is also a big difference in that Lukaku is already playing for a top tier team who have just won the Italian title. The player also isn't seeking a move away from the club.
I do agree though that all things being equal then Kane whould be worth more than Lukaku (the problem is that not all things are equal here)

And another thing I would insist that the total fee be played upfront
The problem is that it just never would be.... and to be honest it doesn't really matter when you consider the interest rate that we can borrow money at (and the fact that we also spread the payments on our incomings anyway)

Last edited:
At this stage?

I don't think a selling model of "If the buyer fudges us about for long enough we'll heavily discount the sale" is a great one.

We should have told City the price was £160M in early July and the price would increase every fortnight.
The problem here is that we are taking a big gamble being left with a player who clearly doesn't want to be at Spurs for (at least) the first half of the season. We then potentially go into that first half of the season with zero centre forwards (I know not necessarily a novel thing for Spurs to have zero available centre forwards).

I can't agree with the Bale bit. We didn't use the money at all well -- a hit rate of 2.5 (Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela) out of 7 (the others being Soldado, Paulinho, Capoue, Chiriches) isn't good enough when you're spending decent sums. We got lucky with a world class striker landing in our laps.

I do agree with the general sentiment though. £160k would certainly help with the rebuild, £100k less so, but we would need to get 2 strikers as a priority. Just imagine getting another Soldado or Darren Bent! I guess the other option is to keep hold of an unhappy Kane for a year and sell him for a bit less next summer. I'm sure he'll still bang in a few goals, and perhaps not demanding to play every game would be a good thing.
2.5 hit rate?.... Are we counting Eriksen as being worth 2?!? :D

The guy is the current golden boot holder, he's nowhere near done yet.

- If he stays, he could be the difference between Spurs finishing 5th/6th or 4th.
- It gives us an extra year to buy/settle in a replacement

Yes, we likely won't get £130M next season but see points above, it's also about setting a precedent

- For me, anything close to a fair offer and he can fudge off, but £130M isn't fair, no one thinks Lukaku is worth within £10M of Kane.
We can't do anything about Chelsea's habit of being happy to overpay for players.... If Levy wants to get more for Kane then he might have to swallow his pride and call up Chelsea to indicate that we would sell him to them. You never know Chelsea offering us £150m or whatever might even bring Emirates Marketing Project to the table with a proper bid?

The problem here is that we are taking a big gamble being left with a player who clearly doesn't want to be at Spurs for (at least) the first half of the season. We then potentially go into that first half of the season with zero centre forwards (I know not necessarily a novel thing for Spurs to have zero available centre forwards).
We just need to pretend every match is a cup final then - won't notice any difference.

Back