• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

At this stage?

I don't think a selling model of "If the buyer fudges us about for long enough we'll heavily discount the sale" is a great one.

We should have told City the price was £160M in early July and the price would increase every fortnight.

I think this may be a real test of how much Levy digs his heels in.

We could easily refuse to sell him for the next two years ..

I have full faith in Levy. And ideally I would like Kane to stay and we rebuild around him but only if he wants to be here but that doesn’t appear to be the case and I don’t want his presence to be disruptive to the atmosphere or the team. I don’t think selling him would be the end of the world. We would have a great opportunity to rebuild areas in Dier (see what I did there) need of upgrading. We recovered just fine after selling Bale albeit after a Rocky year or two but we challenged for the title 3 years after he was sold.
I can't agree with the Bale bit. We didn't use the money at all well -- a hit rate of 2.5 (Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela) out of 7 (the others being Soldado, Paulinho, Capoue, Chiriches) isn't good enough when you're spending decent sums. We got lucky with a world class striker landing in our laps.

I do agree with the general sentiment though. £160k would certainly help with the rebuild, £100k less so, but we would need to get 2 strikers as a priority. Just imagine getting another Soldado or Darren Bent! I guess the other option is to keep hold of an unhappy Kane for a year and sell him for a bit less next summer. I'm sure he'll still bang in a few goals, and perhaps not demanding to play every game would be a good thing.

I can't agree with the Bale bit. We didn't use the money at all well -- a hit rate of 2.5 (Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela) out of 7 (the others being Soldado, Paulinho, Capoue, Chiriches) isn't good enough when you're spending decent sums. We got lucky with a world class striker landing in our laps.

I do agree with the general sentiment though. £160k would certainly help with the rebuild, £100k less so, but we would need to get 2 strikers as a priority. Just imagine getting another Soldado or Darren Bent! I guess the other option is to keep hold of an unhappy Kane for a year and sell him for a bit less next summer. I'm sure he'll still bang in a few goals, and perhaps not demanding to play every game would be a good thing.

We have Paratici now, and if his early work is an indicator (Romero is a different league than Sanchez) we should be ok (that money could go far in a Covid world)

I disagree with the 2.5 assessment, the only players in the 7 that were true misses were Soldado & Vlad, and Soldado to me suffered from the same brick every backup striker at Spurs has for a long time, i.e. the managers don't adapt to the player (Soldado like Vini was a poacher). The issue with the 7 was more we bought good players (Paulinho went on to play for Barca, Chadli is still in Belgium's squad) without an idea of how they fit in the team.

The issue remains we have no need/obligation to accept anything below a fair price.

When you teammates think you are being a dingdong

Supposedly from Dier's instagram today

otlbx00yuif71.jpg

Well you certainly rate Paratici highly if you think 160k is going to go far on a rebuild:D….

I can't believe how stupid the team around Kane is handling this. They have clearly not thought this through, and has been caught up in a bald, be-speckled whirlwind called Levy.

He is putting pressure on the wrong club! If Kane wanted to prove is worth to City, he should be here training like a madman to get fit to opening day of the season, and score a hat-trick against them! Then go and say, "hey Pep, how about those 160 millions.."

I'm struggling to see how this will end well for Kane, regardless of how it pans out... For me he will be tainted with the R*sol-brush from now on. Not a full cover, or three layers, but definitely a few wide brush strokes.

This statement got me thinking. If he stays what would it take for you to forgive and forget and return him to the legend hero status he previously had? Banging in goals? Time? Public apology? Signing a new contract? Commiting the rest of his playing days to us?

I don't know but for me there will always be a sour taste in my mouth. I can't quite figure out why i found it easier to forgive Bale, Berba and Modric.

For me he has ruined his legacy unless he stays and wins something with us. I’d accept a public apology provided it is sincere and he shows contrition I.e. it’s not just a PR stunt. If he says I feel like I am at the stage where I need a new challenge and I would like to move to a club more likely to challenge for the top honours but I handled it very badly and i apologise for it then I’d be willing to accept it.

I can't believe how stupid the team around Kane is handling this. They have clearly not thought this through, and has been caught up in a bald, be-speckled whirlwind called Levy.

He is putting pressure on the wrong club! If Kane wanted to prove is worth to City, he should be here training like a madman to get fit to opening day of the season, and score a hat-trick against them! Then go and say, "hey Pep, how about those 160 millions.."

I'm struggling to see how this will end well for Kane, regardless of how it pans out... For me he will be tainted with the R*sol-brush from now on. Not a full cover, or three layers, but definitely a few wide brush strokes.

when your completely unqualified brother is your agent

It seems that way but it's hard to know. If Levy is standing firm and saying you are not being sold to a PL club, full stop, and then City come up with an offer acceptable to Levy, and Levy agrees he can after all leave to a PL club, then Harry has got what he wants, so the tactic will appear to have worked.
If Levy holds his ground re not selling within the PL and/or City don't stump up the cash, then Kane has put himself in a very awkward position and burnt a lot of bridges (well, he'll have burnt bridges anyway if he gets his move, but probably won't care too much).
Time will tell which.

At this stage?

I don't think a selling model of "If the buyer fudges us about for long enough we'll heavily discount the sale" is a great one.

We should have told City the price was £160M in early July and the price would increase every fortnight.

Yep at this stage.
In 12 months time we’d bite someone’s hand off for £130m - we wouldn’t get it.
I’m being pessimistic but I think he’s past his peak. He’s starting to look sluggish.
He’s downed tools and wants out. We don’t need that around the squad especially from our star player under a new manager.
By all means extract whatever we can from City or whoever but in my mind it’s time to move on.
Invest in up and coming hungry players, Damsgaard, Vlahovic... both / or anyone else our DoF /scouts can come up with.

I think we need to guard against believing everything we read.
Most of it will be utter bollox.

And this all makes a great story (whether it's fiction or nonfiction) for the tabloid press.
Expect daily "updates" from "sauces".

Normally i would agree with that, most of stuff by ITK, T watter, facebook etc is rubbish. However it looks like he has refused to turn up when he should have done and that is out of order.

Bale, Berbatov and Modric had no ties to Spurs, and the latter two were already on the up when we bought them (Bale we developed).

Kane is supposed to be Spurs, there is no guarantee if he didn't make his breakthrough when he did, it would have happened for him elsewhere (his loans never indicated anything truly special).

Berbatov is right, turn up for training, don't make it a circus, feel free internally to say "my heads not in it, so I won't play games" but meet your minimum obligations.

I think at this stage, there is a bit of cowardice here as well, neither Kane nor Charlie has the balls to be at Spurs (and City) having a face to face conversation, work it out, you don't get to hide in the fudging Caribbean and wish it away.

I think is the thing that has tinkled me ( and others) off, i have heard some say ( not saying on here) it is no difference then what Berby, Modric did. Its a hell of a big difference Berby and Modric did not come through our youth system like Kane and also not born here either. Kane has always been " one of our own" i hear a lot of fans say and its a kick in the teeth to see what he is doing now.

Yep at this stage.
In 12 months time we’d bite someone’s hand off for £130m - we wouldn’t get it.
I’m being pessimistic but I think he’s past his peak. He’s starting to look sluggish.
He’s downed tools and wants out. We don’t need that around the squad especially from our star player under a new manager.
By all means extract whatever we can from City or whoever but in my mind it’s time to move on.
Invest in up and coming hungry players, Damsgaard, Vlahovic... both / or anyone else our DoF /scouts can come up with.

The guy is the current golden boot holder, he's nowhere near done yet.

- If he stays, he could be the difference between Spurs finishing 5th/6th or 4th.
- It gives us an extra year to buy/settle in a replacement

Yes, we likely won't get £130M next season but see points above, it's also about setting a precedent

- For me, anything close to a fair offer and he can fudge off, but £130M isn't fair, no one thinks Lukaku is worth within £10M of Kane.

The guy is the current golden boot holder, he's nowhere near done yet.

- If he stays, he could be the difference between Spurs finishing 5th/6th or 4th.
- It gives us an extra year to buy/settle in a replacement

Yes, we likely won't get £130M next season but see points above, it's also about setting a precedent

- For me, anything close to a fair offer and he can fudge off, but £130M isn't fair, no one thinks Lukaku is worth within £10M of Kane.

it's also possible he gets ankle knack in his first appearance of the season and we don't see him again until after the Super Bowl

I think there might never be a better time to sell

What’s most frustrating about this whole saga is that it seems to happen to us every 2-5 years; Berbatov, Modric, Bale and now Kane. I didn’t like what modric did but to be fair at least he turned up to training and played in games, maybe only 50% but it’s better than what Kane is doing. And he did also come out publicly and state what he wanted, he didn’t hide behind his agent. Eriksen’s heart and head wasn’t in it towards the last 6-12 months but he never failed to report to training or asked to be left out of the team. I’ve always felt the players believe they have to go to such lengths because Levy is tough negotiator but that is no excuse IMO. Carrick didn’t act like this before we sold him to United, neither did Walker when we sold him to City.

What’s most frustrating about this whole saga is that it seems to happen to us every 2-5 years; Berbatov, Modric, Bale and now Kane. I didn’t like what modric did but to be fair at least he turned up to training and played in games, maybe only 50% but it’s better than what Kane is doing. And he did also come out publicly and state what he wanted, he didn’t hide behind his agent. Eriksen’s heart and head wasn’t in it towards the last 6-12 months but he never failed to report to training or asked to be left out of the team. I’ve always felt the players believe they have to go to such lengths because Levy is tough negotiator but that is no excuse IMO. Carrick didn’t act like this before we sold him to United, neither did Walker when we sold him to City.

Kane has been upfront. He’s stated where he wants to go and even set his transfer fee in front of the TV cameras.

Back