• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

second start that reinforces my opinion of Kane - great movement, poor first touch. Hard to say if he's going to improve given his age. But love how he tries to keep his head up while putting in a slog. i predice he will become our solsjaer/hernandez - not confirmed starter but useful off the bench.

could help the club a ton, if we could depend on him of the bench for PL and as a starter for cup/Europe.

I actually think he is still struggling with confidence, after the goal in both games his "ability" seemed to step up a notch.

Other odd thing recently is he actually seems faster than I initially thought ...

could help the club a ton, if we could depend on him of the bench for PL and as a starter for cup/Europe.

I actually think he is still struggling with confidence, after the goal in both games his "ability" seemed to step up a notch.

Other odd thing recently is he actually seems faster than I initially thought ...

I think you have hit the tickle my balls with a feather... He probably doesn't realise how good he can be. The best strikers have an arrogance about them and they show it on and off the pitch

It needs avian to sit down with him and show him the good stuff he does and can do

Sorry guys still dont think he is good enough. If he is the answer then we are asking the wrong question..

Sorry guys still dont think he is good enough. If he is the answer then we are asking the wrong question..

Have to say I agree. Although fair play to him, he's doing everything in his power (and doing it right) to prove us wrong. I just don't think that long term he's good enough. Will end up at a mid to lower table prem club IMO.

I think everyone is getting ahead of themselves here. The lad is 20, there is no way any of us can predict how he is going to turn out. For the last 3 years we have heard nothing but good stuff about this lad and despite some bad misses in his first two league starts he has shown promise.

There is something about his footwork that just seems a bit off to me for a top level footballer but I have to say in the past few matches, he's shown a level that I didn't think he'd ever get to. Very impressed with that and think he's earned himself a stay in the squad next season or a loan to a premier league team.

I think everyone is getting ahead of themselves here. The lad is 20, there is no way any of us can predict how he is going to turn out. For the last 3 years we have heard nothing but good stuff about this lad and despite some bad misses in his first two league starts he has shown promise.

Agreed. I think people are getting ahead of themselves a bit just because of how long we've heard about him and how long he's been "young and promising". He's only 20, two years younger than Townsend for example.

There is something about his footwork that just seems a bit off to me for a top level footballer but I have to say in the past few matches, he's shown a level that I didn't think he'd ever get to. Very impressed with that and think he's earned himself a stay in the squad next season or a loan to a premier league team.

Could be a good option if the right move could be found. However, I'm not sure there are many PL sides that would take him to be first choice and if he's not going to be a regular starter he would perhaps be better off staying at Spurs. Perhaps Bruce would take him to Hull?

Sorry but Im not sure where this 'he has a poor touch' is coming from, from what Ive seen his touch and technique is good....

Sorry but Im not sure where this 'he has a poor touch' is coming from, from what Ive seen his touch and technique is good....

Agreed and a good point I think.

It's why he seems to play well in a slightly deeper role. If he can keep getting stronger and tougher physically and keep/develop his touch along with his nice technique when striking the ball he could be very useful.

There were some ITK at some point about Kane being highly rated, particularly because he had the best first touch of all our players. What's lacking is reacting quickly enough. He seems to have a very good footballing brain.

There were some ITK at some point about Kane being highly rated, particularly because he had the best first touch of all our players. What's lacking is reacting quickly enough. He seems to have a very good footballing brain.

Would you agree that he's looked a lot better in that regard in the last couple of games and that confidence might play a large part in that?

Would you agree that he's looked a lot better in that regard in the last couple of games and that confidence might play a large part in that?

I turned off after 3 minutes yesterday, so I have no idea. If it's possible for him to improve in that area it will obviously come with getting used to the pace of the PL.

I would hope next season we have 2 strikers better than him, but to write off this 20 year old who has 2 goals in 2 league starts is just silly.

I turned off after 3 minutes yesterday, so I have no idea. If it's possible for him to improve in that area it will obviously come with getting used to the pace of the PL.

You're probably right that getting used to the pace of the PL is the most important. But i also think that confidence is important. He had that "will I ever score" look about him after a long-ish stretch of not scoring a PL goal for Norwich and then us. With some chances going really close mind, after his goal he looks sharper and confident.

I would hope next season we have 2 strikers better than him, but to write off this 20 year old who has 2 goals in 2 league starts is just silly.

Spot on.

At 20 years of age and 6'2" in height, it's a safe bet that his muscles still haven't filled out enough to match his bone structure, which may still be growing. Always find that taller athletes need that extra couple of years to balance out their physiques. Kane has shown great potential and could become a powerhouse forward. I'm sure Spurs will be putting a lot of effort into his development over the summer.

@WhoScored: GRAPHIC: Premier League Team of the Week - Gameweek 34 pic.twitter.com/L9nMJX3LJm

BlLbREYCEAA1CTJ.jpg

This is it .. even if we had Ade/Soldado again, depending on if the plan is to play 1 or 2 up front, Kane as option could help.

Of course, if he could get a loan in the PL starting games (maybe someone like Hull?) might be worth giving him a season to go improve.

At 20 years of age and 6'2" in height, it's a safe bet that his muscles still haven't filled out enough to match his bone structure, which may still be growing. Always find that taller athletes need that extra couple of years to balance out their physiques. Kane has shown great potential and could become a powerhouse forward. I'm sure Spurs will be putting a lot of effort into his development over the summer.

I think you're right, certainly hope so. He's obviously not quick and I've long thought that most strikers benefit from having some physical ability (height, strength, pace, whatever) where they can outperform defenders. Obviously some players are so good with the ball that they don't need that, but it's still very helpful.

People keep going back to the Sheringham comparison and I think it's a good one. Other than Ade and possibly Chadli he offers the only physical presence we have close to the front at the moment. Always a good option to have.

This is it .. even if we had Ade/Soldado again, depending on if the plan is to play 1 or 2 up front, Kane as option could help.

Of course, if he could get a loan in the PL starting games (maybe someone like Hull?) might be worth giving him a season to go improve.

Kane has also shown that he can play just behind the striker (and possibly on the left) in a 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 type formation.

Back