• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

The chances of Soldado coming in for Kane vs Chelsea are incredibly slim. I also think it's rather fanciful to think he's being kept aside for an particular reason, he's obviously just played his way out of favour agan.

I can't see him not starting him for that. He's one of our most form players and I'm sure Poch thinks this is a game we can get something from....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
It will be telling to see what team he selects.

Agreed, I can't tell you how much this pleases me . He seems to improve almost week by week. A real positive.

Agreed - but I would still like to see him partnered with a Benteke type. Imo it would take some pressure off him and give him even more opportunities to flourish. A real plus of this season.

Kane links things up miles better than Soldado does imo.
This. So do many strikers and they also pose a threat in behind too.

Kane just behind with a benteke up top Nd Erisken drifting off ther left would be frightening imo

Very good again as the lone striker. Shame he didn't get a touch to Townsend's chipped through ball, really think he would have put it away..

If this 21 year old kid picks up a groin strain or a hamstring injury we will be royally fcuked. We simply have to get an upgrade on Adebayor and Soldado in January

If this 21 year old kid picks up a groin strain or a hamstring injury we will be royally fcuked. We simply have to get an upgrade on Adebayor and Soldado in January

Spot on. We're relying very heavily on him, Eriksen, Bentaleb and Mason. All in their early twenties. We need competition for places/options/cover.

Can't imagine we're not actively looking to replace Ade when despite being reported as fit by Poch he's not even involved in the match day squad when fixtures are as tight as they currently are. Similarly Dembele and Paulinho are playing bit part roles whilst Capoue is completely out of contention. I find it hard to think that nothing will happen in January.

I think we are seeing the current lineup as a result of us not having that top draw striker. I'd imagine that if we got in someone like Berahino we'd see Kane back as the shadow striker/ #10 type player with Eriksen being given a free role coming in off the left. Much of how we play in the second half of the season I think depends on if we get that kind of striker and whether or not we get Poch's first choice CM choice. I could very well see us lineup with that 4312 formation he had at Southampton with a combination of Lamela, Townsend or Mason getting the 3rd mifielder role ahead of the two defensive midfielders.

I think kane plays much much better behind soldado. Uses his work rate and driving at defender skills much better and more frequent.

When Kane tackled. Rooney yesterday on about 80 minutes it was a work of class. Rooney didn't know what hit him and looked stunned

Kane actually looks better as the game went on. I thought he was in and out of the guest half and looked isolated (not his fault) but in the second half he was key to us getting on top of the game

When Kane tackled. Rooney yesterday on about 80 minutes it was a work of class. Rooney didn't know what hit him and looked stunned

Kane actually looks better as the game went on. I thought he was in and out of the guest half and looked isolated (not his fault) but in the second half he was key to us getting on top of the game

Thought he was saving himself a bit and not chasing shadows as much as he has in the past because of our packed fixture list. Hope he's ready for another game against Chelsea, some top performances from him.

That pass to Mason was a work of art. After first winning the ball and taking on 3-4 players on his own keeping possession until help arrived =D>

You don't see Rooney get tackled like that often - I remember Dembele did it once when he was still with Fulham I think and they made a point of it on MOTD at the time. This isn't the first time he's interrupted a potential break this season.

Even if he doesn't progress past the point he's at now - he's already achieved more than I thought he would. Fair play to Windy for calling this years ago.

I think kane plays much much better behind soldado. Uses his work rate and driving at defender skills much better and more frequent.

It gives him space, PL defenders are good and you are seeing a lot of traditional CFs that play off the last defender being isolated/neutralized.

When Kane plays behind Soldado, he sits between our midfield and Bobby, much harder to get picked up and he uses that pocket of space well.

Against the best teams I can see Poch opting more for another midfielder, but for the best out of Kane, I think we need to play both together.

It gives him space, PL defenders are good and you are seeing a lot of traditional CFs that play off the last defender being isolated/neutralized.

When Kane plays behind Soldado, he sits between our midfield and Bobby, much harder to get picked up and he uses that pocket of space well.

Against the best teams I can see Poch opting more for another midfielder, but for the best out of Kane, I think we need to play both together.

It's what Sheringham (a player I see a lot of similarities to Kane with) made a career of doing

The pass for Mason was the pass of the season, or at least on a par with Fabregas to Schurrle aganst Burnley.

It's what Sheringham (a player I see a lot of similarities to Kane with) made a career of doing

Yep, if I was Kane (or his coaches), I would be watching a lot of Teddy's games, his movement/timing/etc.

Interesting that obviously Teddy is what Kane should aspire to, however if Kane can get to that level, he actually could have a bit more physicality and aerial presence than Teddy.

[h=1]Gary Lineker Makes Extremely Bold Harry Kane Prediction[/h]

by David Power <time style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-size: 12px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">December 24th, 2014</time>

Could the Tottenham star really become an England great…?

Former Tottenham and England striker, and now TV pundit Gary Lineker, reckons current White Hart Lane prodigy Harry Kane could follow in his footsteps, reports the Express.

The 21-year-old has notched 14 goals in all competitions this term, and there’s been loud suggestions that he’ll get a call-up to the England squad if he keeps up his current levels.

“He could go on to become a great goalscorer for Tottenham and possibly England as well,” Lineker began.

“I like him a lot. I like his movement, his work rate, his desire to score goals and his confidence to take people on.

“He is good in the air, he has a good touch, he can beat people and he has clearly got a bit of intelligence.

“If he had an extra yard of pace, you would say he had everything.

“It’s not always easy for young talent coming through and it’s good that he has been given a chance.

“It got to the stage where he couldn’t be left out of the team any longer and now you would probably say he was the first-choice centre-forward.”

Ahead of Emmanuel Adebayor and Roberto Soldado (both of whom are paid considerably more), Kane is undoubtedly Spurs’ first-choice attacker right now…

The Englishman can play either as a spearhead, or in a slightly withdrawn no.10 role – thanks to his excellent feet.

Kane’s next job will be to convert his Europa League form into consistent top flight goals. He’s notched five in Europe in just four starts, but to be fair, his four goals in seven Premier League starts is not too shoddy either.

With Daniel Sturridge perpetually injured England fans will be keeping a close eye on Kane’s development – although pressure will likely increase with expectation.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardly an extremely bold prediction but good to see his talent being validated by one of England greatest-ever strikers.

Last edited:
got bored.

slow mo video of Kane, Dier and a few others shooting practice

[video=youtube;Wm1OMUAjx_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm1OMUAjx_U[/video]

Back