• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

He was virtually unplayable. I did not see Swansea snuff him out once. Everything we had came through him. I thought he was great today, and IF he wants it, he can have a great career and be a top top Premiership talent. He will need Beckham-like training dedication, and I feel he has that. He is benefitting from seeing first-hand that player politics don't trump all at the club any more, that it is down to performances and work. Like a few of ours now, Kane is starting to see and believe that this is a side being built around youth. I think he will get better and better long-term. Could he slump short-term? Yes. But it will be temporary.

it was good to see his defensive game yesterday too. played his heart out and was obviously knackered by the end of it. i think he also benefits with soldado offering more support than ade.

He was virtually unplayable. I did not see Swansea snuff him out once. Everything we had came through him. I thought he was great today, and IF he wants it, he can have a great career and be a top top Premiership talent. He will need Beckham-like training dedication, and I feel he has that. He is benefitting from seeing first-hand that player politics don't trump all at the club any more, that it is down to performances and work. Like a few of ours now, Kane is starting to see and believe that this is a side being built around youth. I think he will get better and better long-term. Could he slump short-term? Yes. But it will be temporary.

Love the guy, but you have it right, he's going to need to be dedicated to working hard all his career, any slip into complacency and he will struggle at the top level. A lot of his game is on work rate/ethic

The comparison to Sheringham looks like, with the above application, it could come true. Madrid in 16/17?

made crook's team of the week... Kane must be beaming to have former legend sing his praise

[h=2]FORWARD Harry Kane (Tottenham)[/h]
_79725221_garthkanegetty.jpg
Kane's goal at the Liberty Stadium took his tally to four in five matches away from home

Here is a player making a name for himself very quickly. He clearly has an appetite for scoring goals and could have had a hat-trick against Swansea City.
There were times in the game when it looked like it was Swansea versus Kane. He took his goal brilliantly but what really impressed me was his work rate. It's been a long time since I've seen a young player work so hard at trying to affect the outcome of a match.
I hope Spurs have him on a long contract because his stock is rising with every game.

Love the guy, but you have it right, he's going to need to be dedicated to working hard all his career, any slip into complacency and he will struggle at the top level. A lot of his game is on work rate/ethic

??

no it isnt. thats like paul dingdongov and micheal brown

Most of kanes game is intellectual and instinctive

Is this because he is premier league bred?

A really good game yesterday but I was disappointed to see him diving. That said, he deserved a penalty for the push and kick from Williams in the first half.

A really good game yesterday but I was disappointed to see him diving. That said, he deserved a penalty for the push and kick from Williams in the first half.

Not actually a dive i think. Kicked back into the defender when he was running and it put him off balance. Definate contact, not a penalty for me, but also not a dive.

Not actually a dive i think. Kicked back into the defender when he was running and it put him off balance. Definate contact, not a penalty for me, but also not a dive.
I'll have to watch it again. I agree that there was contact outside the box. It looked to me that he recovered from this and then collapsed once he was in the box.

I'll have to watch it again. I agree that there was contact outside the box. It looked to me that he recovered from this and then collapsed once he was in the box.

Was pretty clear from at least one angle. Not talking about the contact outside the box. Typical as you're running, foot/leg on the way back hits into the leg of the opponent. Can put you completely off balance, on a wet pitch like that. He might have gone down a bit easily (although I didn't even think that), but certainly not a downright dive.

They actually highlighted the "dive" on MOTD2 last night, he clearly caught his foot on its way back whilst running which in turn stubbed his toes into the turf, that was what unbalanced him it wasn't a dive in any way shape or form (watch the Chelsea game for dive after dive after dive)

They actually highlighted the "dive" on MOTD2 last night, he clearly caught his foot on its way back whilst running which in turn stubbed his toes into the turf, that was what unbalanced him it wasn't a dive in any way shape or form (watch the Chelsea game for dive after dive after dive)
I haven't seen MOTD2 yet, I'll be interested in what they have to say.

I agree Chelsea's diving was shocking on Saturday.

Not the quickest, but fairly big and strong (will probably get a bit stronger still) and reasonably mobile. Quick enough to take on defenders thanks to his strength and technique.

Strikes the ball really well with both feet, good header of the ball, clever movement, very good touches, intelligent play, at least a decent finisher if not better (and can obviously improve).

Work rate is just a part of his game. An important and much appreciated part, but not the main basis for his game.

they called him Hurricane (harry kane) in the norwegian pl studio . thought that was a brilliant nickname :eek:k:

Not the quickest, but fairly big and strong (will probably get a bit stronger still) and reasonably mobile. Quick enough to take on defenders thanks to his strength and technique.

Strikes the ball really well with both feet, good header of the ball, clever movement, very good touches, intelligent play, at least a decent finisher if not better (and can obviously improve).

Work rate is just a part of his game. An important and much appreciated part, but not the main basis for his game.

Pretty much this.

I see him as eventually becoming a superior version of Rickie Lambert: winning the ball high up the field with his energy and strength, and then dropping into space and looking into play a reverse ball releasing an inside forward/strike partner.

We haven't had a player like that for a long, long time. Hard-working, good passer, decent technique, strong, good in the air, not the fastest, but runs his b*ll*cks off and clearly has a modicum of football intelligence.

it was good to see his defensive game yesterday too. played his heart out and was obviously knackered by the end of it. i think he also benefits with soldado offering more support than ade.
In what way? I thought at the end of last season under Sherwood Adebayor and Kane looked a very good partnership.

I haven't seen MOTD2 yet, I'll be interested in what they have to say.

I agree Chelsea's diving was shocking on Saturday.

They showed that the defender caught Kane's traling leg and this caused Kane to stub his toe in the turf and fall over. Not a pen but definitely not a dive either.

Kane has good touch, vision, awareness and balance. He isn't blessed with pure power or pace and therefore he isn't likely to reach his peak as a player until he is in his late twenties. I saw Kane play for our our youth team when he was 16 (I think) and it was clear that he was going to be a very good player indeed. He just seemed to have so much more time on the ball than any other player out there. The youth coaches at Spurs have always likened him to Sherringham and he could easily become just as good as Teddy (he is actually has quite a bit more pace than Teddy did)

Back