• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I've heard that his first touch was exceptional, best at the club, which is something I've paid some attention to when watching. It worried me how he seemed to have the worst first touch of everyone on the pitch, but it's gotten better. His dribbling still looks more clumsy than skillful.

To be fair to him, we have (and have had over recent past) some players with an exception first touch.

Ade to me consistently has the worst first touch of any Spurs player (randomly, great -> horrible in space of 30 seconds)

To be fair to him, we have (and have had over recent past) some players with an exception first touch.

Ade to me consistently has the worst first touch of any Spurs player (randomly, great -> horrible in space of 30 seconds)

Lennon has the best first touch of anyone here and has had for some time.....

Monstrous first half performance, just wow the hard work and skill he put into that

He is growing in stature every week

We have a player on our hands here. Brilliant.

Lennon has the best first touch of anyone here and has had for some time.....

Lennon does indeed have a very good first touch... However I don't think even he comes close to Berbatov in this respect. I can remember watching Berbatov the first time he played for us at WHL and on two or three occasions being gobsmacked at how good his first touch was.

Before Berbatov Ginola was also a genius in this respect, I think probably second to Berbatov when considering our time since the premiership started.

Before then I think you'd have to give an honourable mention to Nayim, and also to Ardiles, but the best player on the ball I have ever seen is Glenn Hoddle. I always felt that Hoddle was so confident in his touch that he would already know what his next touch was going to be. It also didn't matter one iota where the ball was falling - chest, either thigh, either foot. His skill was truly sublime - especially as it came in the day when the opposition were allowed to go right through the back of you.

Lennon's first touch is so under rated it's untrue. People smack sixty yard cross field balls to him all the time and he always kills it dead first time. We are a much better side with him in it in my view, not least because of the excellent defensive work he does.

Lennon does indeed have a very good first touch... However I don't think even he comes close to Berbatov in this respect. I can remember watching Berbatov the first time he played for us at WHL and on two or three occasions being gobsmacked at how good his first touch was.

Before Berbatov Ginola was also a genius in this respect, I think probably second to Berbatov when considering our time since the premiership started.

Before then I think you'd have to give an honourable mention to Nayim, and also to Ardiles, but the best player on the ball I have ever seen is Glenn Hoddle. I always felt that Hoddle was so confident in his touch that he would already know what his next touch was going to be. It also didn't matter one iota where the ball was falling - chest, either thigh, either foot. His skill was truly sublime - especially as it came in the day when the opposition were allowed to go right through the back of you.

Can kind of agree,I guess I couldnt say Berbs' first touch is not as good but somehow disagree aswell! Loved Berbatov and his silky skill and touch, he just pulled balls down from all over the place. But at the same time Lennon's first touch is so good, I think its underated by many fans, you watch he just NEVER miscontrolls the ball and when play is switched to him always brings it down perfectly. What comes after that might not be as good consistently, but his first touch is something I could never ever find fault in....

Can kind of agree,I guess I couldnt say Berbs' first touch is not as good but somehow disagree aswell! Loved Berbatov and his silky skill and touch, he just pulled balls down from all over the place. But at the same time Lennon's first touch is so good, I think its underated by many fans, you watch he just NEVER miscontrolls the ball and when play is switched to him always brings it down perfectly. What comes after that might not be as good consistently, but his first touch is something I could never ever find fault in....

The difference for me is that Lennon is often controlling the ball in space.... Berbatov was often doing so with a centre half right up behind him trying to knock him off balance. I'm not criticising Lennon's first touch (as I think it is very good) it's just that Berbatov was somethng else in this respect.

One thing that seperates this kid from anyone else right now is his sheer will to do something positive with the ball. He is brave. Not in the sense of throwing bodies in the way of the ball, but he is never shy to volunteer himself. Townsend to his credit has this same self belief. It can be to his detriment sometimes but these type of players have character. Bit like your Dempsey's. Plain don't give a f*ck what others think, they'll just do what they believe is best.

Kane isn't sublimely gifted. But he is absolutely leading the way to the rest of the squad in showing them all what is possible when you believe in your own ability, and have the balls to do something about it. He is of course in a rich vein of form where everything is running for him. This will of course change at some point, and then we really see what he's about. I think mentally though the boy is strong.

The difference for me is that Lennon is often controlling the ball in space.... Berbatov was often doing so with a centre half right up behind him trying to knock him off balance. I'm not criticising Lennon's first touch (as I think it is very good) it's just that Berbatov was somethng else in this respect.

Yeah thats very true, Berbs was in tighter areas.....

Yeah thats very true, Berbs was in tighter areas.....

Hard to differentiate to be fair to both

- Berbatov had the touch of a GHod, killing high balls from keeper, etc.
- However Lennon can be running at pace and still control ..

To me, it's been noticeable since the Harry era that we have gone for more technical players and across the team you see players with very good first touches.

Hard to differentiate to be fair to both

- Berbatov had the touch of a GHod, killing high balls from keeper, etc.
- However Lennon can be running at pace and still control ..

To me, it's been noticeable since the Harry era that we have gone for more technical players and across the team you see players with very good first touches.

This is something more noticeable from the academy up, as the reason the young players are getting the opportunities now aren't just because we want to go for youth but becasue they're technically very gifted. Admittedly Ive never paid much attention to the youth teams, but can't imagine we've always had such talented and technically able groups.....

This is something more noticeable from the academy up, as the reason the young players are getting the opportunities now aren't just because we want to go for youth but becasue they're technically very gifted. Admittedly Ive never paid much attention to the youth teams, but can't imagine we've always had such talented and technically able groups.....

Interesting point, seems some of Levy's investment in that part of club has been paying off.

Interesting point, seems some of Levy's investment in that part of club has been paying off.

Definitely. Even Townsend, someone not rated on here by many would probably fetch minimum £10m? By the end of the season if Kane continues to progress, surely he'd be around the £20m in todays market? How much for Mason, Bentaleb? These guys look like they can push on to compete at the top level, will save us millions if they are first team fixtures or give us a pretty profit if sold....

Monstrous first half performance, just wow the hard work and skill he put into that

He is growing in stature every week

We have a player on our hands here. Brilliant.

Good to see Harry not just runabout a bit but fecking loads for the cause =D>

@SkyFootball: Difference maker: Harry Kane is lifting Tottenham with his hard-working performances, writes @ghostgoal -- http://bit.ly/1y5cGHv
...Kane covered more than 13 kilometres for his team in their 2-1 win over Everton on Super Sunday, the most by a Spurs player this year and more than all but two Premier League players have managed all season.

Kanoute had a hell of a first touch as well. As did Robbie Keane when he didn't have time to think about it, very good at getting it out of his feet with the first touch and making space to move.

I don't want to be too pessimistic but am I the only one starting to get a bit nervous Kane is playing so well we will get a massive bid from a bigger club for him? He doesn't seem to be the sort of lad that would have his head turned but you never know until it happens.

He has been so ****ing good the last month or so there aren't many strikers i would start ahead of him in the whole league. I am not saying he is amongst the best strikers in the league but on current form he certainly is

Am I the only one who irrationally can't warm to Kane as a player? Let me make it clear that he's on a great run of form and I have a lot of affinity for the guy, but for some reason I keep on expecting him to fail, as if his current impact is just down to luck rather than actual quality... I think it's because he somehow looks sort of hunched and clumsy...

... is it just me?!

Anyway long may his form continue - well done lad. Seemed to have an extra bit of pace today!

He's my favourite player currently, and I feel it's for the same reasons you don't like him! He seems the oddest type of person to become a professional footballer. Sometimes, when he dribbles with the ball, he looks like a tranquilized horse, tripping over his own feet. There was a really good example against everton, where he manages to fall on the floor and get kicked in the head for his trouble.

The reason i love him is that he got back up, and then produced by winning a free kick. I don't care if he can sometimes -look- like a terrible footballer; he produces every single time. It's like when I used to read about him at youth level - it seemed every time, Harry would produce. GHod knows how.

I've loved Harry since he kicked the ball in the stands, then spat all over himself. Sublime and ridiculous at the same time :p

He's my favourite player currently, and I feel it's for the same reasons you don't like him! He seems the oddest type of person to become a professional footballer. Sometimes, when he dribbles with the ball, he looks like a tranquilized horse, tripping over his own feet. There was a really good example against everton, where he manages to fall on the floor and get kicked in the head for his trouble.

The reason i love him is that he got back up, and then produced by winning a free kick. I don't care if he can sometimes -look- like a terrible footballer; he produces every single time. It's like when I used to read about him at youth level - it seemed every time, Harry would produce. GHod knows how.

I've loved Harry since he kicked the ball in the stands, then spat all over himself. Sublime and ridiculous at the same time :p

Well said.

He works his **** off, too.

was that against Manure when the ref blew the whistle and he just booted it into row z? haha that was the stuff of legends that moment was when i really started to warm to him

I don't want to be too pessimistic but am I the only one starting to get a bit nervous Kane is playing so well we will get a massive bid from a bigger club for him? He doesn't seem to be the sort of lad that would have his head turned but you never know until it happens.

He has been so ****ing good the last month or so there aren't many strikers i would start ahead of him in the whole league. I am not saying he is amongst the best strikers in the league but on current form he certainly is

Don't see it, the big money clubs in England (City/Cheat$ki/United) aren't really short of striker options at the moment. It's also just too early for him and because we aren't the Scum, the press haven't been ****ing themselves silly over him as yet.

If he manages 18-20 PL goals by the end of season, stupid talk will start. I still think he's young enough and local enough that we would have him at least another season. 2 seasons of 15+ PL goals in a row, another story (although it would be a great problem to have, as it would have meant we had two good seasons).

Back