• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Kane.jpg

Coincidentally just walked past this picture on the way to the supermarket - somehow captures that intangible thing that means I reluctantly and ashamedly continue to doubt him and feel unable to warm to him...! :(

The only english or academy player that I am not sure will be good enough for us is Townsend who I think might be a squad player at best unless he improves his decision making. But I would be happy for him to continue being a squad player as he is a good option on the left where he crosses more.

I just wonder whether under poch Livermore and Caulker could have got more game time, certainly I do not see Lallana being any better then Livermore.

Back on Kane, well I love him because he does play like Sheringham. Hope he keeps playing like this because England have not had a player like him since Scholes someone intelligent to actually read the game.

Kane would actually be really well suited to international football as well I think a bit like I how I thought Huddlestone would have been.

He's already turned down Ireland.

Harry Kane is our ROCKY BALBOA!

I expect to see him running round Tottenham in sweatpants with a tea shirt saying 'win, Harry win!' running past all the bookies and shops selling guff being cheered on by the locals!

he might not be able to pull off a rabona, he's a rubbish keeper....but my word as an AM come SS this guy has the brains and he has the heart of an angry Lion!

woof!

Quality player. Just oozes confidence, tenacity and ability. I don't want to compare him, or say he will be as good, but the way he keeps getting better the more he plays, and new facets of his game keep appearing remind me of Gareth Bale. He is almost unplayable for the opposition at the moment.

Carragher loved him today. He will write about him. I see an England call up my March.

Lambert has been getting in without playing or scoring!!!!

Kane is a work horse with good technical ability and a great attitude. He is improving game by game and it shows that you can be a better player with better ones around you.

His dribbling today was bale esque without the pace. It struck me that Everton defending against him were always going backwards and he just drove on and on.... It's great to see and something that non of us knew he had in his locker.

His shooting today was accurate but lacked power but hits first touches were top drawer

Deservedly MOTM

Kane seems to be combining all of the grit and determination that you expect from english players with talent and technique too. Hopefully part of a new wave of technically proficient English footballers. He really has been a revelation of late.

He reminds of the old "can't run, can't tackle, head, shoot or pass, but what a great player" quote. I love him and think he's a key part of our future.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I don't think he's anything exceptional, but he inspires a bit of effort in the others and you need some of those in your team.

He will get a call up in March, even if it's just to stop Ireland knicking him.

He has done more than Lambert this season so he does deserve

I don't think he's anything exceptional, but he inspires a bit of effort in the others and you need some of those in your team.

Define exceptional, though.

Kane was always talked of as an exceptional talent coming through the academy years ago when he was 15/16/17. His name has been around for years seemingly, so I was surprised to hear he's still just 20/21.

I don't think it's beyond the realms to say he's playing exceptionally every game at the moment. My question is at what point do you go from saying he's a decent player on an exceptional run of form, to saying he's just an exceptional player?

How long does the form have to go on for?

I'm looking for a weakness in his game and I'm struggling to find a glaring one. Works hard, strong, good in the air, intelligent movement, awareness, great finisher with both feet, composed, he's not lightning, but he's far from as slow as people were making out, as demonstrated in the last few games, he's got quick feet, can dribble, great first-touch, good, intelligent passer.

Honestly, if we'd spent the £26m on Soldado on this guy and he'd arrived as a big signing, I'd be happy with his form for that price. I really would.

He's exceptional for an U21 player, but from what I've seen so far he's not that good technically, although he doesn't look quite as clumsy with the ball at his feet as when the season started. I would also dispute his form being exceptional at the moment. It's good, but it's not amazing. Good player in form, looking very good at times. If he carries on for the rest of the season I'd say he's proven himself as a top half PL player.

Usually he has a clean strike on him, but he scuffed a couple yesterday although one of those likely suprised Howard and was the reason for the goal.

He's exceptional for an U21 player, but from what I've seen so far he's not that good technically, although he doesn't look quite as clumsy with the ball at his feet as when the season started. I would also dispute his form being exceptional at the moment. It's good, but it's not amazing. Good player in form, looking very good at times. If he carries on for the rest of the season I'd say he's proven himself as a top half PL player.

I have no problem in saying he's very good technically, good touch and eye for a pass....

Define exceptional, though.

Kane was always talked of as an exceptional talent coming through the academy years ago when he was 15/16/17. His name has been around for years seemingly, so I was surprised to hear he's still just 20/21.

I don't think it's beyond the realms to say he's playing exceptionally every game at the moment. My question is at what point do you go from saying he's a decent player on an exceptional run of form, to saying he's just an exceptional player?

How long does the form have to go on for?

I'm looking for a weakness in his game and I'm struggling to find a glaring one. Works hard, strong, good in the air, intelligent movement, awareness, great finisher with both feet, composed, he's not lightning, but he's far from as slow as people were making out, as demonstrated in the last few games, he's got quick feet, can dribble, great first-touch, good, intelligent passer.

Honestly, if we'd spent the £26m on Soldado on this guy and he'd arrived as a big signing, I'd be happy with his form for that price. I really would.

Plus as Hoddle pointed out on Sky the ability to pause whilst in possession and look around to find the right pass or cross or shot.

It is quite interesting that you don't think Kane is particularly good technically. If you speak to those who have coached him they will tell you that he is incredibly good technically, both in terms of touch and also his awareness.

Technically he is up there. His first too and vision are two of his biggest strengths. He bulked up last year and now seems to have added a yard of pace. You are being way OTT with your criticisms.

I think he proved himself last year as v able back up and a top half PL centre forward - this year he has improved again A LOT

What separates Kane (and what makes people wonder about him) from top class is his lack of pace (he's not slow, but not particularly quick either)

Its not that he can't make up for that (as everyone with their Teddy references will point out), it's just he will need to have work rate, strength and intelligence to his play (one of hardest for players to get) to compensate.

so far he has done exceptionally well, if anyone had said to Spurs fans, that by end of November, Kane would have 11 goals, most of us would have laughed .. he now has to prove that it isn't just a hot streak.

What separates Kane (and what makes people wonder about him) from top class is his lack of pace (he's not slow, but not particularly quick either)

Its not that he can't make up for that (as everyone with their Teddy references will point out), it's just he will need to have work rate, strength and intelligence to his play (one of hardest for players to get) to compensate.

so far he has done exceptionally well, if anyone had said to Spurs fans, that by end of November, Kane would have 11 goals, most of us would have laughed .. he now has to prove that it isn't just a hot streak.

Not sure if anyone will agree but the more I watch him the more he reminds me of Rooney....

It is quite interesting that you don't think Kane is particularly good technically. If you speak to those who have coached him they will tell you that he is incredibly good technically, both in terms of touch and also his awareness.

I've heard that his first touch was exceptional, best at the club, which is something I've paid some attention to when watching. It worried me how he seemed to have the worst first touch of everyone on the pitch, but it's gotten better. His dribbling still looks more clumsy than skillful.

Back