• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

We have a serious player on our hands...
Everyone at spurs has been singing his praises for 5 years now - I doubted whether he would ever be first choice due to circumstances but he is now proving himself to be a player

lets be honest, 5 years is a bit of a stretch. but i'll admit, i was one that kind of doubted his long term future with us early on. but the more i watch the guy, i think there could be something genuinely special here. could kane become a thomas muller type of player for us in the future? both kane and muller seem to lack a stand out attribute, but theyre both capable of putting in intelligent performances full of heart and can win matches on their own

lets be honest, 5 years is a bit of a stretch. but i'll admit, i was one that kind of doubted his long term future with us early on. but the more i watch the guy, i think there could be something genuinely special here. could kane become a thomas muller type of player for us in the future? both kane and muller seem to lack a stand out attribute, but theyre both capable of putting in intelligent performances full of heart and can win matches on their own

I don't think it is.

Kane was very highly rated at the club at least by the time he was in his first year as a full time academy player, aged 16 - maybe even before that. Youth coaches can never be absolutely certain about a promising young player's future progression but from youth game reports that I read at the time, I got the impression that the coaches at Spurs felt that Kane was one who really had a big chance of making it as a top player. I remember reading similarly effusive reports about Ledley King, even when he was as young as 14.

I'd honestly be surprised if he was playing for a top 8 premiership team in a couple of years. And I wouldn't be surprised if he was a championship player. I think he's too slow and lumbering, and ultimately not clinical enough.

I will say that he does surprise me, he runs with the ball very well and battles hard, and given chances he will score. I dont quite think he's close to good enough, but I'd be delighted if he kept improving and became a great striker.

I'd honestly be surprised if he was playing for a top 8 premiership team in a couple of years. And I wouldn't be surprised if he was a championship player. I think he's too slow and lumbering, and ultimately not clinical enough.

I will say that he does surprise me, he runs with the ball very well and battles hard, and given chances he will score. I dont quite think he's close to good enough, but I'd be delighted if he kept improving and became a great striker.

This is roughly my current assessment of him at the moment too. But until very recently I didnt really think he had much of a chance of becoming a top premier league player. I agree that he does seem to be a bit "lumbering", but like you said, he does move well with the ball and also covers a lot of ground. I would also add that this is somewhat reminiscent of thomas muller.

however, these peformances may be due to adrenaline and the excitement of being part of the first team, and thus not sustainable. but like you said, hopefully he can build on these performances

Around 8-10 weeks ago this was my opinion too. He's surpassing all expectations of anyone and hopefully he won't stop.

Think I first heard his name 4-5 years ago. Didn't he get a debut against Shamrock?

Against Hearts, I think, the one we won 5-0. His first goal for us was against Shamrock later that season. :)

Heard some people say he should've passed on his second chance, but can't see how he could've made that, seeing as Cahill is really sticking out his foot like that. Too bad it didn't go in. Another solid performance from Kane. It really is a joy to see a young local lad doing well. :)

We have a academy player finally taking the steps up to playing in the PL and some supporters cant wait to bash him.

What does pace or other attributes have to say, if youve got a touch of "it" in your game?

Sheringham didnt rely on pace, but strength and brains.

The way Kane left Cahill in the dust before blasting it just wide or the header hitting the bar is class imo. He's 21 and will only get better.

I don't really understand why people feel the need to have a go at Harry. If his name was Harrio Kaninho everyone would be saying we should break the bank to buy him. Just enjoy the lad's performances, he's a Tottenham boy, one of our own and if he does become a top class striker he is much less likely to **** off to Madrid at the earliest opportunity.

I was impressed with his efforts yesterday. I just hope that others can step it up to take some of the pressure off him tbh.

In the second half of the season you do fear that PL defenders will have worked him out much more; it'll be hopefully at this time that our other attackers step their games up to compensate

He was on our bench in 2009, at 16 in a league cup game against Everton. Presumably because he was highly rated already then. He scored 18 goals in 22 games for the U18s that season (wiki).

Obviously impossible to know for sure how a young player's career pans out.

What I'm absolutely sure of is that if we wanted to get rid of him now he would not end up at a Championship club. I think there would be a lot of interested PL clubs.

Is he really any more slow and lumbering than Giroud and Lambert for example? I really don't think so. And that's not comparing him with players like Sheringham or Berbatov that were obviously top class.

Kane has a lot about him. If you really think it's fair to judge him on how clinical he is at 21 when he has 11 league starts in total in his career with a half decent scoring record in those games I'll just leave that up to you.

I think he's great, I did have reservations about his mobility a couple of years ago but it looks like he's been on intensive speed and agility training since.

He is doing well and i do not think anyone would argue with that, but he is not a lone striker and he should not be used a one. He is a number 10 and needs someone to play in front of him ( imo).

I think he's great, I did have reservations about his mobility a couple of years ago but it looks like he's been on intensive speed and agility training since.

I agree that he does look a bit more mobile and quicker these days. Training, just getting older, or perhaps confidence to take players on more and also get better touches. I don't know, but it's great watching him now. The way he got to his chance for the shot wide early on yesterday was just lovely. Winning the ball, holding off the defender, then the composure to wait out the block. Absolutely lovely.

He is doing well and i do not think anyone would argue with that, but he is not a lone striker and he should not be used a one. He is a number 10 and needs someone to play in front of him ( imo).

I just don't get this. Thought he did well most of the game yesterday. Got himself into scoring positions, lead the line quite well. He's not Drogba-strong, but he can certainly put himself about. Right now he's the best lone striker we have in the squad (Soldado being smaller and weaker and Adebayor being all not good and stuff). It might be that he's more effective and looks better as a number 10, but that doesn't mean it's the best option for the team that he plays there. Or that he can't keep developing as a lone striker. I remember Lambert saying that Poch essentially taught him how to play as a lone striker, I don't get why the same can't happen with young Kane.

I just don't get this. Thought he did well most of the game yesterday. Got himself into scoring positions, lead the line quite well. He's not Drogba-strong, but he can certainly put himself about. Right now he's the best lone striker we have in the squad (Soldado being smaller and weaker and Adebayor being all not good and stuff). It might be that he's more effective and looks better as a number 10, but that doesn't mean it's the best option for the team that he plays there. Or that he can't keep developing as a lone striker. I remember Lambert saying that Poch essentially taught him how to play as a lone striker, I don't get why the same can't happen with young Kane.

I am not saying he did not play well, but for me he always looks better when he has a player in front of him. Some of his best games have been when he runs from deep and when he is asked to lead the line he loses that from his game.

I am not saying he did not play well, but for me he always looks better when he has a player in front of him. Some of his best games have been when he runs from deep and when he is asked to lead the line he loses that from his game.

True. But I don't think that's the same as saying that he's not a lone striker. A lot of younger players have good games in one position before developing into a different position.

Right now though his versatility is only a strength for him and us. I don't quite understand why he has to be defined as just fitting one role right now.

True. But I don't think that's the same as saying that he's not a lone striker. A lot of younger players have good games in one position before developing into a different position.

Right now though his versatility is only a strength for him and us. I don't quite understand why he has to be defined as just fitting one role right now.

Maybe because at the moment he is better at the num 10 role then the lone striker ;) He may well develop as he gets older but at the moment ( imo) he is a number 10 and looks well alongside Soldado ( who can lead the line).

Is he really any more slow and lumbering than Giroud and Lambert for example? I really don't think so. And that's not comparing him with players like Sheringham or Berbatov that were obviously top class.

Kane has a lot about him. If you really think it's fair to judge him on how clinical he is at 21 when he has 11 league starts in total in his career with a half decent scoring record in those games I'll just leave that up to you.

100% right. What he may lack in pace he is making upf or with inteligence and movement. There outstanding qualities that are hard to coach.

He seems to have physically cghanged and yesterday i saw enough defenders bouncing off him to be impressed with that side of his game

If Harry Kane is not top 8 quality than neither are we because he is by far and away our best player at the moment. 30 million pound flops in Soldado and Lamela and some are still trying to have a pop at Kane who is one of our own truly puzzling

If Harry Kane is not top 8 quality than neither are we because he is by far and away our best player at the moment. 30 million pound flops in Soldado and Lamela and some are still trying to have a pop at Kane who is one of our own truly puzzling

What a pile of steaming bull**** you ****ing ****! ;)

Back