• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Posted over in COYS at Reddit.

So, this might not be of great interest, but I'd still like to share this with you guys.

The former Swedish international referee Jonas Eriksson has become a pundit in Swedish TV and speaks a lot of the players he's met in games.

A couple of days ago he spoke about Arsenals new signing Lichtsteiner saying this: "You only get to know players after refereeing them a couple of times. And you start noticing whether they're a nice person or not. And Stephan Lichtsteiner is definitely not a nice person"

Anyway, that was to give you some context and to give arsenal a slap. This is what he said about Harry Kane the other day: "Harry is so nice. He's smiling and always very kind. Never says a bad word on the pitch. He's delightful."

I just felt the need to share this with you guys. It really means a lot to me that he's so down to earth after really "making it".

Do with the information what ya want!

Posted over in COYS at Reddit.

So, this might not be of great interest, but I'd still like to share this with you guys.

The former Swedish international referee Jonas Eriksson has become a pundit in Swedish TV and speaks a lot of the players he's met in games.

A couple of days ago he spoke about Arsenals new signing Lichtsteiner saying this: "You only get to know players after refereeing them a couple of times. And you start noticing whether they're a nice person or not. And Stephan Lichtsteiner is definitely not a nice person"

Anyway, that was to give you some context and to give arsenal a slap. This is what he said about Harry Kane the other day: "Harry is so nice. He's smiling and always very kind. Never says a bad word on the pitch. He's delightful."

I just felt the need to share this with you guys. It really means a lot to me that he's so down to earth after really "making it".

Do with the information what ya want!

A true leader of men.
BTW I am hoping nobody has forgotten Lichtensteiner’s rabbit punch on Son, and that he gets what he deserves from the stands as well as a reducer on the pitch. The clam. I hate him.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Unfortunately the Swedes will go for 0-0, so Kane will struggle to get many more.

Six is fantastic though, what a man.

Did you guys notice the coming together between Davinson and Harry? Harry thought it was a foul and refused to accept the apology :D

Did anyone else hear the muppet on Five Live after the game last night - must have been around 10:40.

I'm paraphrasing a bit but he basically came on to say that Kane is too one dimensional, slow and stalls England attacks too much. When challenged by the hosts he said that Kane should be dropped for Vardy because '...he has pace.'.

He then went on to say that Wheelchair should be there and be playing. He also had a swipe at Dier, Sterling (ok, we can give him one!) and Alli.

TBF Chris Sutton went on to destroy him but what a fudging mug. Obviously a bitter G**n with absolutely no knowledge of the game.

Did anyone else hear the muppet on Five Live after the game last night - must have been around 10:40.

I'm paraphrasing a bit but he basically came on to say that Kane is too one dimensional, slow and stalls England attacks too much. When challenged by the hosts he said that Kane should be dropped for Vardy because '...he has pace.'.

He then went on to say that Wheelchair should be there and be playing. He also had a swipe at Dier, Sterling (ok, we can give him one!) and Alli.

TBF Chris Sutton went on to destroy him but what a fudging mug. Obviously a bitter G**n with absolutely no knowledge of the game.

They are out in troll-force mate, people who think they know football but fail to comprehend basics...

Captain Kane was outstanding yesterday. Worked his ass off for 90 minutes, kept his calm when the Colombian muppets applied all their dark arts to make him miss that first penalty, then he scores that crucial first penalty in the shoot out, despite being knackered. This guy has some serious winning mentality - and talk about leading by example.

Now six goals in three World Cup matches. Only Lineker has more.

In fact, Harry has now scored more World Cup goals than Owen and Rooney combined. In 20 fewer matches.

Only Eusebio (1966) and Rob Rensenbrink (1978) have scored more penalty goals in a World Cup than Harry, with four each.

No doubts now he can deliver on the international stage too. As well as in England and in Europe. And the guy's only 24.

That could not be further from the truth. His one touch and long passing is very good; he wins headers; holds up the ball; goes past players; he poaches goals; scores worldies from long range. Without doubt he is the best striker in England probably Europe. Vardy on the other hand is the very definition of a one dimensional striker (albeit he is very good in that dimension) which is why he doesn't play instead of Kane.

I think some people, especially non Spurs fans, just fail to see what he does on the ball when he drops deep - seems a deliberate tactic of ours that he drops in to the no.10 position with Sterling/Lingard pushing on beyond him - but neither have really done the business playing that way so perhaps a rethink is in order there?

Captain Kane was outstanding yesterday. Worked his ass off for 90 minutes, kept his calm when the Colombian muppets applied all their dark arts to make him miss that first penalty, then he scores that crucial first penalty in the shoot out, despite being knackered. This guy has some serious winning mentality - and talk about leading by example.

Now six goals in three World Cup matches. Only Lineker has more.

In fact, Harry has now scored more World Cup goals than Owen and Rooney combined. In 20 fewer matches.

Only Eusebio (1966) and Rob Rensenbrink (1978) have scored more penalty goals in a World Cup than Harry, with four each.

No doubts now he can deliver on the international stage too. As well as in England and in Europe. And the guy's only 24.
Weird how shoot-out pens don't count.

I think some people, especially non Spurs fans, just fail to see what he does on the ball when he drops deep - seems a deliberate tactic of ours that he drops in to the no.10 position with Sterling/Lingard pushing on beyond him - but neither have really done the business playing that way so perhaps a rethink is in order there?
I like it when people don’t understand how good our players are..Modric and Carrick were great examples, I’ve had a few people question Alli, admittedly who haven’t had the privilege of watching him play every week (I accept he hasn’t torn it up in this WC but usually he plays in a more advanced position and also shines in the tougher games where this less time and space). Long may it continue.

Back