• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

That could not be further from the truth. His one touch and long passing is very good; he wins headers; holds up the ball; goes past players; he poaches goals; scores worldies from long range. Without doubt he is the best striker in England probably Europe. Vardy on the other hand is the very definition of a one dimensional striker (albeit he is very good in that dimension) which is why he doesn't play instead of Kane.
It’s not a totally positive thing but he genuinely looks to have more poise and time on the ball to most of our midfielders and Sterling’s first touch really is a lottery which means it’s been difficult for anyone to create anything for him in open play.

I like it when people don’t understand how good our players are..Modric and Carrick were great examples, I’ve had a few people question Alli, admittedly who haven’t had the privilege of watching him play every week (I accept he hasn’t torn it up in this WC but usually he plays in a more advanced position and also shines in the tougher games where this less time and space). Long may it continue.
He was looking right on it until his injury, making all kinds of runs and looking dangerous. Since then he's been shadow of his usual self. Looks like he's still hampered by his injury, certainly not back up to full match sharpness.

With Sterling faltering and Lingard going off the boil England will desperately need his nous in and around the box against Sweden.

He was looking right on it until his injury, making all kinds of runs and looking dangerous. Since then he's been shadow of his usual self. Looks like he's still hampered by his injury, certainly not back up to full match sharpness.

With Sterling faltering and Lingard going off the boil England will desperately need his nous in and around the box against Sweden.

Honestly thought he looked fine yesterday play wise but was fouled a lot - German tv highlighted it a half time to be fair

Alli played deeper yesterday and plugged a lot of gaps in midfield which meant he couldn’t do his trademark runs

I’d be tempted to play him up top instead of sterling against sweden as we will need brains in that game

Vardy absolutely ruined our attack when he came on... completely the wrong player for that situation

Vardy was brick, but was the right call to make. That late in the game, tiring legs etc - it was absolutely the right sub to do. Genuine pace to counter with and use the space that was opening up.

That he completely failed to show up is a whole other thing!

Vardy was brick, but was the right call to make. That late in the game, tiring legs etc - it was absolutely the right sub to do. Genuine pace to counter with and use the space that was opening up.

Pace with no brains is basically Sterling

At least Rashford would have occupied them

Honestly thought he looked fine yesterday play wise but was fouled a lot - German tv highlighted it a half time to be fair

Alli played deeper yesterday and plugged a lot of gaps in midfield which meant he couldn’t do his trademark runs

I’d be tempted to play him up top instead of sterling against sweden as we will need brains in that game

I agree; I think Loftus-Cheek slightly deeper in Alli's position with Alli up by Kane (Sterling dropped) would be how I would want to line up for Sweden. Pace won't matter against them as much.

Fully agree he was putting himself about in the middle but I was not talking about that. I was talking about his overall creativity. He was far from his most inventive self. We mostly did not see those intelligent runs of his into the box and I can recall only one really defence-splitting pass late on.

But you are right, it was his more central midfield role last night that restricted him. He needs the freedom to get forward more because it's his exceptional talent in and around the box that's his most valuable asset and what will undoubtedly be needed against Sweden.

Fully agree he was putting himself about in the middle but I was not talking about that. I was talking about his overall creativity. He was far from his most inventive self. We mostly did not see those intelligent runs of his into the box and I can recall only one really defence-splitting pass late on.

But you are right, it was his more central midfield role last night that restricted him. He needs the freedom to get forward more because it's his exceptional talent in and around the box that's his most valuable asset and what will undoubtedly be needed against Sweden.

He didn’t make the runs because of his role but he did still get that header towards the end which no one else made a run for

Agreed that first 20 minutes he looked bang on it ...one good through pass to Lingard and a few interceptions yesterday but I still feel the way he takes the ball on the half turn and his relationship with Kane would make him a better partner for him. RLC could do the number 8 role.

The reports are now that Vardy strained his groin and this was also the reason he didn’t take a pen. Dare I say a potentially unselfish decision to not take a pen for the personal glory? Or a lame excuse for bottling it?!

Ill leave that to you to decide ;)
If he plays no further part in the WC then I’ll lean towards the former!

I wish all players well in the England shirt (I even felt a bit for Henderson for missing the pen, wouldn’t want any individual to be responsible for defeat especially in the current social media climate)
Its difficult with Vardy as he’s and to prove a lot of people wrong with his route to the top and on the pitch there’s a lot to admire with his work rate ..but he is a massive Chav who has down some bad things off the pitch..

Jacqueline Kilikati may be a desperate journo trying to raise her profile to you, but she will always be the little girl with nits who use to eat custard with bogies in to me!

Back