• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

My thoughts exactly.

The fact that he didn't stand out as amazing at any one thing is what made me unsure as to whether he'd make it at the top level at all. He's not all that big, all that strong, he almost looks clumsy when he takes someone on - the ball invariably comes off the defender at some point in the move. He's not graceful on the ball like Alli, whilst he can score from distance he doesn't hit them like Eriksen, he's not blisteringly quick, etc etc.

Yet pretty much everything he does is effective. He is on target with a ridiculously high proportion of his shots, he keeps posting huge shot per game numbers and we all know about the rate at which he scores.

- not to mention rival fans hate him! They pick on the way he looks, the way he speaks, the fact that they think he is lucky, the fact we sing about him being one of our own etc. The fact of the matter is, he is a brilliant player and they all wish he played for them - but he doesn't, he's ours so fudge 'em!

- not to mention rival fans hate him! They pick on the way he looks, the way he speaks, the fact that they think he is lucky, the fact we sing about him being one of our own etc. The fact of the matter is, he is a brilliant player and they all wish he played for them - but he doesn't, he's ours so fudge 'em!
On the whole the best players really get the dogs abuse and that is as you say because the other teams want them

He is absolutely brilliant and is ours and will be ours for a long time

Have to disagree with the points about Kane's shooting / finishing - it's 10/10 for me, especially taking into account that he's so two-footed. Really surprised to hear anyone say otherwise actually!

Just a little statistical snippet to support my claim:

'Over the past three seasons, a striker presented with Kane's chances would be expected to score around 44 goals. Excluding penalties, Kane has hit 63 goals, meaning he has outscored his expected goal tally by 19.

Since the start of the 2014/15 season across Europe's big five leagues, only Lionel Messi and Antoine Griezmann have outscored their xG total by a greater margin than Kane. And as recently as November 2014, Kane was still a Tottenham substitute.

It's been some rise, and the improvements in his game suggest he now right up there among the world's elite forwards. And if the past three seasons are anything to go by, he might just keep getting better.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ay-100-tottenham-goals-xg-data-suggests-rise/

Have to disagree with the points about Kane's shooting / finishing - it's 10/10 for me, especially taking into account that he's so two-footed. Really surprised to hear anyone say otherwise actually!
Agreed, I'd say his passing is 10/10, his awareness is 10/10, his leadership is 10/10 and his shooting and finishing is 11/10.

Amazing that Kane is the first English striker since Rooney in 2010 to score in 3 consecutive CL matches. Shows you the lack of quality among English strikers in Europe.

Yeah, no-one really talks about that.

Two unerringly accurate left foot finishes midweek. That's pretty rare, even in top, top players to have that ability.

Amazing that Kane is the first English striker since Rooney in 2010 to score in 3 consecutive CL matches. Shows you the lack of quality among English strikers in Europe.
Who gives a fig about other English strikers in Europe? We've got Harry and he's doing us proud, that's all I care about.

Back