• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Excellent penalty in a pressure atmosphere, right in the corner almost unsaveable.

It really was incredibly accurate. To be honest the angle of the ball was so acute I thought it had gone past the post, I kind of froze in fear and realisation that not only had we missed 2 sitters, we had now missed a penalty. A huge surge of filthy dread filled me... but then all the players were celebrating??!! It was such an odd moment for me I just sat there in silence trying to take in the fact that in 1 second I had gone from the depths of despair to a two goal lead against the Goons. Crazy, my heart stopped for a while and I just sat there in shock.

It really was incredibly accurate. To be honest the angle of the ball was so acute I thought it had gone past the post, I kind of froze in fear and realisation that not only had we missed 2 sitters, we had now missed a penalty. A huge surge of filthy dread filled me... but then all the players were celebrating??!! It was such an odd moment for me I just sat there in silence trying to take in the fact that in 1 second I had gone from the depths of despair to a two goal lead against the Goons. Crazy, my heart stopped for a while and I just sat there in shock.

I was more nervous about ending up in Row 24 again then I was Kane missing it. The latter was never in doubt

From The Grauniad:

Harry Kane has called on Tottenham Hotspur to take advantage of the scheduling of Premier League fixtures and increase the pressure on leaders Chelsea by beating West Ham United on their first trip to the London Stadium on Friday night.

With Antonio Conte’s side not in action until Monday evening against Middlesbrough at Stamford Bridge, Spurs can move to within one point ofChelsea if they can overcome West Ham and record a 10th successive Premier League victory.

“It is good to go first – we have got to try to drop the gap to one point and see what happens,” said Kane, whose penalty in Sunday’s north-London derby helped to ensure Tottenham will finish above Arsenal for the first time since 1995.

“We knew what it was like last year with Leicester playing before us. It is difficult. It is good to try to play first and try to put that pressure on, so it will be good to play on Friday night. It is another tough game away from home but hopefully we can get that win, put that pressure on and wait and see.”

At this stage last season, Tottenham trailed Leicester City by five points but failed to win any of their last four games as they faded badly to end up in third spot. With a home match against Manchester United and trips to Leicester and relegation-threatened Hull City to follow West Ham, Spurs must contend with a potentially more difficult run-in compared with Chelsea. Kane is confident they can maintain their winning run until the end of the season – an achievement that would leave them one victory behind Arsenal’s Premier League record of 14 between February and August of 2002.

“We could end up on 89 [points] and still not win the league,” Kane said. “That would be disappointing. We have got four games in front of us and we feel like we can win all four. We feel we can beat anyone. We have just got to learn from what happened last year and we feel like we are doing that.”

I wish the league would sort out the order f play during the title run-in. Having to chase Leicester results those 4 or so Monday nights was awful and I'm glad we at least get one chance to put the pressure on Cheat$ki.

Thank you, that makes me feel better because that was exactly my reaction!

From The Grauniad:

Harry Kane has called on Tottenham Hotspur to take advantage of the scheduling of Premier League fixtures and increase the pressure on leaders Chelsea by beating West Ham United on their first trip to the London Stadium on Friday night.

With Antonio Conte’s side not in action until Monday evening against Middlesbrough at Stamford Bridge, Spurs can move to within one point ofChelsea if they can overcome West Ham and record a 10th successive Premier League victory.

“It is good to go first – we have got to try to drop the gap to one point and see what happens,” said Kane, whose penalty in Sunday’s north-London derby helped to ensure Tottenham will finish above Arsenal for the first time since 1995.

“We knew what it was like last year with Leicester playing before us. It is difficult. It is good to try to play first and try to put that pressure on, so it will be good to play on Friday night. It is another tough game away from home but hopefully we can get that win, put that pressure on and wait and see.”

At this stage last season, Tottenham trailed Leicester City by five points but failed to win any of their last four games as they faded badly to end up in third spot. With a home match against Manchester United and trips to Leicester and relegation-threatened Hull City to follow West Ham, Spurs must contend with a potentially more difficult run-in compared with Chelsea. Kane is confident they can maintain their winning run until the end of the season – an achievement that would leave them one victory behind Arsenal’s Premier League record of 14 between February and August of 2002.

“We could end up on 89 [points] and still not win the league,” Kane said. “That would be disappointing. We have got four games in front of us and we feel like we can win all four. We feel we can beat anyone. We have just got to learn from what happened last year and we feel like we are doing that.”

I wish the league would sort out the order f play during the title run-in. Having to chase Leicester results those 4 or so Monday nights was awful and I'm glad we at least get one chance to put the pressure on Cheat$ki.
From The Grauniad:

Always dread it when Harry talks to the press like that.

Hostage to fortune and all that.

Was talking to my pals at the game yesterday, thing that stands out for us now is how much physically stronger he has become this season, he is a beast now holding off players, barging them, winning aerial battles, he really has it all

Biggest thing he has added to his game this season.

He had strength on the ball, but now he bullies CBs, makes him very difficult to play against

Nice little piece on the OS about Les Allen and Harry scoring goals against Woolwich. I felt sorry for Les Allen, him and Bobby Smith had a great partnership and he was the one to miss out when we signed Greaves. He filled in for Smith when he was injured and did well until he got injured himself.

Nice little piece on the OS about Les Allen and Harry scoring goals against Woolwich. I felt sorry for Les Allen, him and Bobby Smith had a great partnership and he was the one to miss out when we signed Greaves. He filled in for Smith when he was injured and did well until he got injured himself.
Great shout. Les seems very much the forgotten man of the Double-winning side yet he was ever-present in both League and Cup scoring 27 goals that season. His clever little party piece was to dribble into the box right through to the byline, then either dummy the keeper by shaping to pass the ball before slotting it in from close range between the keeper and his near post or lay it off for the likes of Bobby Smith, John White or Cliff Jones to round the move off.

Always thought it was strange the way he was underestimated.

Last edited:
Great shout. Les seems very much the forgotten man of the Double-winning side yet he was ever-present in both League and Cup scoring 27 goals that season. His clever little party piece was to dribble into the box right through to the byline, then either cut back and slot the ball from close range between keeper and near post or lay it off for the likes of Bobby Smith, John White or Cliff Jones to round the move off.

Always thought it was strange the way he was underestimated.

Yes I remember that dribble he did and he was one of the first players I saw step over the ball and turn a defender as well. Very nice man, met him over Lakeside when shopping with my missus had a good chat about the old days.

Full Kane interview (stuff I don't remember seeing on Sunday) with that Arsenal clam.

Found the free kick stuff and the Kane wanting Shearer's record interesting.
Kane wants his entire career in the premier league then.

Back