• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Same here.

Add me to that list. I had written him off completely. Now all I want is to see him as a regular starter in the PL. So fickle! :lol:

Kane really has won me over. He's a very smart footballer, with a great positional sense and a good shot on him, and he's not as slow as he looked in the beginning for us either. Good in the air too. And still only 21. The Sheringham comparisons are probably still a bit premature, but if he keeps working hard and developing as a player, he could be very good.

Add me to that list. I had written him off completely. Now all I want is to see him as a regular starter in the PL. So fickle! :lol:

Kane really has won me over. He's a very smart footballer, with a great positional sense and a good shot on him, and he's not as slow as he looked in the beginning for us either. Good in the air too. And still only 21. The Sheringham comparisons are probably still a bit premature, but if he keeps working hard and developing as a player, he could be very good.

I remember him being a bit of a laughing stock few seasons back but boy has he come on, what i like about him as some of you have mentioned is his intelligent link up play and can see why Poch has him in that pocket roll behind the striker and probably one of our only players that takes a shot from outside the box.

Yesterday i thought we looked a better side with him playing closer to Ade in the formation. I find when Eriksen plays he's much deeper, both of them play the no 10 roll differently and i prefer how Kane does it but i'd like to keep both of them in the side maybe with Eriksen deeper?

I remember him being a bit of a laughing stock few seasons back but boy has he come on, what i like about him as some of you have mentioned is his intelligent link up play and can see why Poch has him in that pocket roll behind the striker and probably one of our only players that takes a shot from outside the box.

Yesterday i thought we looked a better side with him playing closer to Ade in the formation. I find when Eriksen plays he's much deeper, both of them play the no 10 roll differently and i prefer how Kane does it but i'd like to keep both of them in the side maybe with Eriksen deeper?

If playing a number 9 and Kane then you can only really accomodate that if you drop Chadli. Ericksen can then move out to the left (where I think he is more effective anyway).

Kane absolutely deserves his chance too though, and Soldado played well in his last game (penalty miss aside) so it's a very tough decision for Poch.

Kane's been playing well behind the striker though - not sure why that would lead Poch to play him as a striker in the next match. I think the really tough decision is which of the three behind Soldado gets dropped for Kane as they've all been perofrming to some extent.

[Unashamed bragging mode] I've been saying for a couple years that he could make it in a Sheringham type role whilst other were writing him off. Nice to feel smug!

It's a really difficult one. Chadli has been our goalscorer so far this season and Eriksen has been our playmaker.

Kane seems to be able to do both on current form, I think I'd rather see him in the middle in Eriksen's place. That's not to say we couldn't move Eriksen back out into Chadli's position though.

The problem is, neither Eriksen or Chadli deserved to be dropped, they are our top scorers. I don't know if he will play Soldado or Kane or both. One thing for sure, Ade should NOT be playing, I will be ****ed off if Ade starts and neither Kane or Soldao start.

The problem is, neither Eriksen or Chadli deserved to be dropped, they are our top scorers. I don't know if he will play Soldado or Kane or both. One thing for sure, Ade should NOT be playing, I will be ****ed off if Ade starts and neither Kane or Soldao start.

That's the problem - and I'm sure Lamela won't get dropped as I've never seen Kane play that side. Plus he seems to thrive on confidence and dropping him after the last match would damage that.

It's a really tough one, because someone who's performing will have to not play - it will probably end up being Kane because he doesn't already have a PL spot to lose.

I'm starting to like Harry a lot. Thought all the loan spells he'd had meant that he'd probably struggle in the Premier League and become a lower league player but he has suprised me a lot. Seems like a sound old guy as well. He's a **** goalkeeper though.

Kane's been playing well behind the striker though - not sure why that would lead Poch to play him as a striker in the next match. I think the really tough decision is which of the three behind Soldado gets dropped for Kane as they've all been perofrming to some extent.

Yeh, I was just pointing it out though as a few had said he should be played as the striker, that Soldado has actually played well in his most recent game and probably deserves a run of games also. So there's literally not anywhere in the front 4 where he could be slotted in without someone somewhere having something to say.

No brainer he starts Sunday in place of Soldado for me. He may be better in the 10 role but I have no doubt he is our best chance of scoring as a striker and excited to see his interplay with Chadli & Eriksen.

I really don't get this Soldado love in yes he was better against Emirates Marketing Project than he has been but he still missed a pen and a very good chance on a cross from Rose he doesn't fill me with confidence at all

I agree with this. Honestly, I would go with Lamela on the left, Kane in the hole and Chadli on the right with Nobby upfront for Geordies just to see how it works.
I think Eriksen needs a rest and a bit of a boot up the **** (despite his performance against Emirates Marketing Project, he still has more in that locker I know it!!!!)…I'd be interested to see this. Lamela needs to be on the left IMHO, he's more comfortable from that side for obvious reasons...

I agree with this. Honestly, I would go with Lamela on the left, Kane in the hole and Chadli on the right with Nobby upfront for Geordies just to see how it works.
I think Eriksen needs a rest and a bit of a boot up the **** (despite his performance against Emirates Marketing Project, he still has more in that locker I know it!!!!)…I'd be interested to see this. Lamela needs to be on the left IMHO, he's more comfortable from that side for obvious reasons...

no, Lamela needs to be central. Playing him on the left is like playing Townsend on the right. Pointless.

No brainer he starts Sunday in place of Soldado for me. He may be better in the 10 role but I have no doubt he is our best chance of scoring as a striker and excited to see his interplay with Chadli & Eriksen.

I really don't get this Soldado love in
yes he was better against Emirates Marketing Project than he has been but he still missed a pen and a very good chance on a cross from Rose he doesn't fill me with confidence at all

Where is the Soldado love in? If there is one I'll bet it's held in a phone box at this point. Or should be. I had patience with him up until Emirates Marketing Project, but after that he looks busted to me. I hope I am proved wrong and that he comes good for us.

Where is the Soldado love in? If there is one I'll bet it's held in a phone box at this point. Or should be. I had patience with him up until Emirates Marketing Project, but after that he looks busted to me. I hope I am proved wrong and that he comes good for us.

just have a look at this thread mate the past few pages saying he should play Sunday he was too good against Emirates Marketing Project to be dropped I feel exactly as you do.

Soldado played well as a 9 against City, Kane played well as a 10 against Asteras

why is it one or the other?

no, Lamela needs to be central. Playing him on the left is like playing Townsend on the right. Pointless.

I can see an argument for that long-term but did he not start on the left Thurs (I didn't watch the whole match as I had a game myself - no 'raboners' from me predictably! bone-heads? Oh a few I'm sure)…

He can come in from the left with more comfort and unpredictability. Until he takes a few less touches, he will get swallowed up in central positions…unless Nobby et al move fast to make space, and even then...

just have a look at this thread mate the past few pages saying he should play Sunday he was too good against Emirates Marketing Project to be dropped I feel exactly as you do.

100% true. If Ade has been terrible for 12 months and had one good game all you would hear is 'one swallow doesn't make a summer'

Because it's soldado he now has to start at all costs. I fear for him on sunday - Kane should be our starter on Sunday all day long

Back